Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? (2174 Views)

Beef Is Available For Your Dogs / Caucasian Shepherd Dog Thread: Post Your Dogs Pics / Spend Less In Feeding Of Your Dogs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by DTalented(m): 11:51pm On Aug 27, 2017
I love dogs and Would like to get one soon. Never had one before.
Dog owners that don't have personal car, i Just want to know how you travel with your dogs.
Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by oluomoadebayo: 12:39am On Aug 28, 2017
DTalented:
I love dogs and Would like to get one soon. Never had one before.
Dog owners that don't have personal car, i Just want to know how you travel with your dogs.

I have a car though.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by chuks34(m): 1:01am On Aug 28, 2017
I don't have a dog, but I want to comment grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:31am On Aug 28, 2017
while flying, you can have your pet travel in special pet boxes in cargo...etc
Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by DTalented(m): 10:46am On Aug 28, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
while flying, you can have your pet travel in special pet boxes in cargo...etc
Ok.
And on Land?
Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by DTalented(m): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2017
chuks34:
I don't have a dog, but I want to comment grin
Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:00am On Aug 28, 2017
DTalented:

Ok.
And on Land?

unless you are willing to buy your pet a seat, or have it on top of the bus, i doubt you can have it in buses
Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by lahit14(m): 11:16am On Aug 28, 2017
I had mine in a bus one time, I bought an extra seat, and she's calm and not the messy kind, so she didn't shit or wee till I got to Lagos from the eat, u have to bring some food with or hold some cash to buy her somtin for the stomach unless u want to starve her till u get to ur destination but for my girl u can't starve unless u ur selves wouldn't eat anything in her presence... Partly becos she believes in... "Papa weh say pikin no go chop him too no go chop too". And she means it

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by Dumas32(m): 2:02am On Aug 30, 2017
lahit14:
I had mine in a bus one time, I bought an extra seat, and she's calm and not the messy kind, so she didn't shit or wee till I got to Lagos from the eat, u have to bring some food with or hold some cash to buy her somtin for the stomach unless u want to starve her till u get to ur destination but for my girl u can't starve unless u ur selves wouldn't eat anything in her presence... Partly becos she believes in... "Papa weh say pikin no go chop him too no go chop too". And she means it
pls which breed of dog and size.
Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by lahit14(m): 4:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
Dumas32:
pls which breed of dog and size.

Bullmastiff female, thick and very heavy, adult 2 years plus
Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by timifakay(m): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2017
Uni days. We used to occupy front seats. I'll sit in the middle of dog and driver.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by DTalented(m): 8:18am On Sep 01, 2017
timifakay:
Uni days. We used to occupy front seats. I'll sit in the middle of dog and driver.
Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by DTalented(m): 8:23am On Sep 01, 2017
timifakay:
I think only one out of 100 drivers wld allow this
Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:33pm On Sep 01, 2017
DTalented:

I think only one out of 100 drivers wld allow this
Nope. it's actually the most common way as most passengers won't wanna sit next to a dog

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by DTalented(m): 2:53pm On Oct 03, 2017
Okay. Thanks
Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by cybriz82(m): 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
just squeeze like 2 to 3k give driver he go prepare space for u and ur Dog,i once traveld with my black cane conso from lagos to sokoto,(cross country bus) nobody knew itwz a dog until d 1month old pup begin bark like 2yrs old dog, oboy u need see d way passenger begin dey panic,sayin oga if dis dog break dis cage bite us we no go greet ooo, lolz

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by DTalented(m): 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
cybriz82:
just squeeze like 2 to 3k give driver he go prepare space for u and ur Dog,i once traveld with my black cane conso from lagos to sokoto,(cross country bus) nobody knew itwz a dog until d 1month old pup begin bark like 2yrs old dog, oboy u need see d way passenger begin dey panic,sayin oga if dis dog break dis cage bite us we no go greet ooo, lolz
Lol. Thanks
Re: How Do You Travel With Your Dogs? by Eveezy(m): 10:32am On Oct 30, 2017
If it's a pup, it's very easy, you don't need to even pay for seat, just get two baskets or one wit a cover if u can't get a crate, mk sure it's covered properly, some drivers won't mind ND won't collect money but most will collect. Put d pup in d basket ND cover, wen u reach us destination, remove d pup, mind u, don't feed a pup b4 a long distant journey, dis is cos, pups re not used to motion, ND may tend to throw up. I have traveled wit my pup several times in public busses, depending on d passengers, I sometimes hold d pup in my hands. As for adult, I have done that a few number of times as well, at this age the dog might be used to motion do may not throw up, but dis depends on if u ve introduced d dog to motion b4, the first time I traveled wit an adult, I paid for the full back seats, cos of passengers wouldn't want to stay near the dog, was really expensive for me, subsequent times I stayed at d front sit, wit d dog sitter close to d door ND me in d middle. You could as well get a large crate for the dog ND negotiate wit d driver where u will put d crate

(1) (Reply)

Adult Black Male Boerboel Available For Sale. Kindly Open. / I Have 5 Pieces Of Rottweiler Puppies For Sale!!! / Kelly The Dolphin Shows How Intelligent Dolphins Really Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.