Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

What Could Be Wrong With My Dogs? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What Could Be Wrong With My Dogs? (1208 Views)

My Ram Died And I Roasted It For My Dogs (photos) / Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? / Threatened By A Snake, Warned By My Dogs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be Wrong With My Dogs? by chasisig: 5:07am On Aug 28, 2017
Hello everyone...I have two pure breed rotts aged 4months plus. They have been doing very well until last week when we moved into our apartment. The first night, they ate very well and den we let dem out of their cage....DAT was d very first night they will be brought out of their cage in d night since we bought them. The next morning, they started by not eating well. Along the d line, one picked up and started eating. The other stopped eating altogether and the vet has been treating it since den....even place it on drips while he gave the other injection only for 3days....we later noticed d one on drips started vomiting seriously....and den just yesterday, d one we thought was now fine, also stopped eating and started vomiting too....foamy slimy whitish vomit... Pls what else can we do. Is it that d doctor don't know what is wrong with dem or what?
Note...they have been down with pavro b4...so I don't think its pavro cos their poo is not like pavro's. Its been a week we move in now....we are so scared
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Dogs? by Namdeenero(m): 8:01am On Aug 28, 2017
They might have ingested something toxic.... Did you check the apartment properly before releasing them??
Maybe rat poison was lying around somewhere

1 Like

Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Dogs? by kennynoah1987(m): 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
Namdeenero:
They might have ingested something toxic.... Did you check the apartment properly before releasing them??
Maybe rat poison was lying around somewhere
U r correct sir,i sense poisonous substance consumption.Give them palm oil to drink,open their mouth and pour in palm oil make sure they swallow it,it should help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Dogs? by royalshepherd(m): 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
chasisig:
Hello everyone...I have two pure breed rotts aged 4months plus. They have been doing very well until last week when we moved into our apartment. The first night, they ate very well and den we let dem out of their cage....DAT was d very first night they will be brought out of their cage in d night since we bought them. The next morning, they started by not eating well. Along the d line, one picked up and started eating. The other stopped eating altogether and the vet has been treating it since den....even place it on drips while he gave the other injection only for 3days....we later noticed d one on drips started vomiting seriously....and den just yesterday, d one we thought was now fine, also stopped eating and started vomiting too....foamy slimy whitish vomit... Pls what else can we do. Is it that d doctor don't know what is wrong with dem or what?
Note...they have been down with pavro b4...so I don't think its pavro cos their poo is not like pavro's. Its been a week we move in now....we are so scared
Really sorry about what you're going through, I'd suggest you contact a good vet asap. you can contact truthmiles animal hospital if you're in Lagos. their contact can be found on their website. They are professionals and their charges are reasonable.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Dogs? by chasisig: 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
As it is, I think its pavro again....cos one of dem started the stool stained with blood Di's morning....so they are been treated for pavo again...thanks guys
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Dogs? by chasisig: 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2017
I lost one of d dogs today...hopefully d other one survives...it's disheartening

1 Like

Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Dogs? by royalshepherd(m): 11:03pm On Aug 29, 2017
chasisig:
I lost one of d dogs today...hopefully d other one survives...it's disheartening
so sorry bro.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Dogs? by zennymorh: 2:32am On Aug 30, 2017
my dog had a similar reaction about a month ago..same symptoms and everything..the palm oil does work..then get a good vet,my vet gave him some injections..sorry,i don't know the names..but eventually he got better..make sure the dog always has water nearby,because he's dehydrated..a lot..when he starts to drink water,be careful not to give him too much too soon..and try to withhold solid food for a few days till he's stronger,i really wish u and ur dogs all the best.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Dogs? by Springforth: 3:06am On Aug 30, 2017
In a caseof parvoviral enteritis, the symptoms would have been evident even before the appearance of fetid malodorous diarrhoea.it takes careful observation on the part of the part of the clinician to promptly recognise and initiate treatments. There are two major goals in parvo treatments (1) Replace electrolyte and fluid loss (caused by the vommission and diarrhoea (2) Eliminate opportunistic bacterial infections. If these two major goals are considered in treatment regime then there is a very high chance of survival especially if the dog is 12 weeks above.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Dogs? by chasisig: 11:17am On Sep 02, 2017
The other one dies last night....
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Dogs? by talk2dboss: 11:55am On Sep 02, 2017
Really sorry about your loss. This is so sad
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Dogs? by gwenzence(m): 10:57pm On Sep 02, 2017
Sorry 4 ur loss bro
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Dogs? by femi852: 7:05am On Sep 03, 2017
sorry abt ur loss broo..
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Dogs? by Lavendra(f): 8:51pm On Sep 03, 2017
I'm sorry.

(1) (Reply)

Lovely Caucasian Shepherd, Neapolitan Mastiff, Boerboel,rottweiler All For Sale / A Healthy And Very Active Female Adult Rottweiler For Sale / I Want A Goldendoodle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.