Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,418 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? (2796 Views)

Why You Need A Good Webhost. / I Need Some1 To Help Me Upload My Site To Webhost Every Detail Is Available / Pls I Really Need Help From A Webmaster Or One Familiar To Hub8.com Webhost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by DrSPO: 5:24am On Aug 28, 2017
Morning all, a firm I work for is considering entering into the Nigerian web hosting business space. We are looking at providing the particular services that all current web host in Nigeria are not providing (and for free if we have to).

So please, we need your suggestions. What features do you desire most from a Nigerian webhost? What are those things that can make you ditch oyibo webhosts for a Nigerian one?

Is it cheap price or even free hosting? Is it unlimited options? What do you want? All ideas welcome. Nothing is too ridiculous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by sleeknick: 7:13am On Aug 28, 2017
Bang deng deng deng cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by royalamour(m): 7:13am On Aug 28, 2017
Updated softaculous.
Free SSL
Weekly back up
Enough bandwidth
Faster customer care.

That's not even the main problem, main issue is with these demo themes XML uploading fvck boys spoiling business for us.

They call themselves web developers begging for jobs at ridiculous prices.

The other day, I saw a post where one 1diot was begging to do a job for 13-19 K.

How much is the domain and hosting subscription that these demons keep polluting these jobs for us?

4 Likes

Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by okims: 7:15am On Aug 28, 2017
Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by bestspoke: 7:17am On Aug 28, 2017
Speed...Stability...1% downtime....customer service

1 Like

Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:25am On Aug 28, 2017
Are you a host or a reseller ? Because based on the technical, logistical and financial requirements that hosting requires, I don't know if any Nigerian company can fill that niche.

Nigerians are no different from other developers and they want the same things: benchmark yourself against Google App, AWS, Heroku and Digital Ocean. Can you compete and offer similar services ? If so, you have a goldmine.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:32am On Aug 28, 2017
royalamour:
Updated softaculous.
Free SSL
Weekly back up
Enough bandwidth
Faster customer care.

That's not even the main problem, main issue is with these demo themes XML uploading fvck boys spoiling business for us.

The other day, I saw a post where one 1diot was begging to do a job for 13-19 K.

How much is the domain and hosting subscription that these demons keep polluting these jobs for us?

You're on point.
I recently billed a guy 1k USD for a dynamic database backed web site (built with rails) for his foundation after his former 'developer' made a mess of the first one. Site, email, security features, log in and authentication, etc. I don't compromise: if he feels he has better options he should go with them.
The way I see it, even engine oil get grade: you can choose to buy roadside or by high grade authentic.

2 Likes

Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 28, 2017
Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by xmitsolutions: 7:35am On Aug 28, 2017
royalamour:
Updated softaculous.
Free SSL
Weekly back up
Enough bandwidth
Faster customer care.

I was saying this exact same thing the other day. Web development is not cheap. Too many gullible people in this country and too many scammers. I saw a post on fb where a guy said he would develop a site for 20k. How much is hosting alone? Then when i tell a client the true amount and the value i can offer, they tell me that they can get it cheaper on Nairaland. Well GoodLuck.

3 Likes

Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by SHOPPERS(m): 7:40am On Aug 28, 2017
Correct Affiliate Program Jo
Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 28, 2017
xmitsolutions:

I was saying this exact same thing the other day. Web development is not cheap. Too many gullible people in this country and too many scammers. I saw a post on fb where a guy said he would develop a site for 20k. How much is hosting alone? Then when i tell a client the true amount and the value i can offer, they tell me that they can get it cheaper on Nairaland. Well GoodLuck.
Lol, don't blame them, they use a new credit card and pay for a host on godaddy with promo code. You can get 100gb with unlimited bandwidth and free domain name for 12 months with just 3,500 on godaddy. Then they use a nulled theme and install Demo contents for you finish!! ! The main problem starts when you ask for any form of customization, woocommerce integration with stripe or currency exchanger. They will run and never look back because they know nothing!!!

1 Like

Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by Webman007: 7:47am On Aug 28, 2017
I personally do not host with Nigeria host companies.... either for myself or my clients I only buy .ng domains from them.

But all my hosting is with Namecheap.com...all with no exception.

In case you need a website for yourself or business call/WhatsApp number on the image below

1 Like

Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by miketayo(m): 7:57am On Aug 28, 2017
grossintel:
Lol, don't blame them, they use a new credit card and pay for a host on godaddy with promo code. You can get 100gb with unlimited bandwidth and free domain name for 12 months with just 3,500 on godaddy. Then they use a nulled theme and install Demo contents for you finish!! ! The main problem starts when you ask for any form of customization, woocommerce integration with stripe or currency exchanger. They will run and never look back because they know nothing!!!

That's if u r building with CMS
Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by miketayo(m): 7:58am On Aug 28, 2017
Ssh access and free ssl

1 Like

Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by Webman007: 7:59am On Aug 28, 2017
royalamour:
Updated softaculous.
Free SSL
Weekly back up
Enough bandwidth
Faster customer care.

Couldn't agree with you more on this.... the menace is much in here

2 Likes

Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by DrSPO: 8:07am On Aug 28, 2017
Thanks for your comments guys. Keep them coming
Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by miketayo(m): 8:08am On Aug 28, 2017
xmitsolutions:

Lol it depends.. If u don't want to charge d customer and it's a non interactive company site, u can charge 20k ..
$2 domain name.. 6k shared hosting plan around 10gb

1 Like

Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by DeKen: 8:11am On Aug 28, 2017
Besides the regular things like speed, reliability, affordable pricing etc.
I'll like to have a shared windows host that supports Crystal Report. The foreign host I used to get that from has suddenly discontinued and I've not yet found and alternative that is affordable.

1 Like

Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by DrSPO: 8:23am On Aug 28, 2017
Webman007:
I personally do not host with Nigeria host companies.... either for myself or my clients I only buy .ng domains from them.

But all my hosting is with Namecheap.com...all with no exception.

In case you need a website for yourself or business call/WhatsApp number on the image below

What's special about namecheap? What do you have against Nigerian companies? Shed more light, pls.
Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by DrSPO: 8:24am On Aug 28, 2017
DeKen:
Besides the regular things like speed, reliability, affordable pricing etc.
I'll like to have a shared windows host that supports Crystal Report. The foreign host I used to get that from has suddenly discontinued and I've not yet found and alternative that is affordable.

This is noted
Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by DrSPO: 8:26am On Aug 28, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
Are you a host or a reseller ? Because based on the technical, logistical and financial requirements that hosting requires, I don't know if any Nigerian company can fill that niche.

Nigerians are no different from other developers and they want the same things: benchmark yourself against Google App, AWS, Heroku and Digital Ocean. Can you compete and offer similar services ? If so, you have a goldmine.
Noted
Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by DrSPO: 8:27am On Aug 28, 2017
royalamour:
Updated softaculous.
Free SSL
Weekly back up
Enough bandwidth
Faster customer care.

Noted. Concerning the hungry desperate boys, its unfortunate
Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 28, 2017
Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by donshaddow(m): 9:16am On Aug 28, 2017
royalamour:
Updated softaculous.
Free SSL
Weekly back up
Enough bandwidth
Faster customer care.

How much would you host and design website for me?
Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by royalamour(m): 9:22am On Aug 28, 2017
donshaddow:

How much would you host and design website for me?

I just sent you a private mail.
Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 28, 2017
OP, these days, "free" doesn't amount to good service except it is implemented cautiously.

"Cheap" that does not compromise quality is a better option.

Expand your Business online with a Website of your own. N20k only. Check my signature for details.

1 Like

Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by bedfordng(m): 9:32am On Aug 28, 2017
hmmm
Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by Mobsync(m): 9:38am On Aug 28, 2017
All Nigerian webhosts lack good customer service/support. Focus on this area.

Then, improve on bandwidth and storage space.

And of course, free SSL if you can.

1 Like

Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by samuelchimmy(m): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
royalamour:
Updated softaculous.
Free SSL
Weekly back up
Enough bandwidth
Faster customer care.

The other day, I saw a post where one 1diot was begging to do a job for 13-19 K. THE THING TIRE ME!

Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by DrSPO: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Thank you
Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by DrSPO: 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
SHOPPERS:
Correct Affiliate Program Jo

Noted. Thanks
Re: What Features Do You Desire Most From A Nigerian Webhost? by DrSPO: 9:00pm On Aug 28, 2017
miketayo:
Ssh access and free ssl

Ok. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Help On How To Integrate Google Adsense Code Into My Forum / Need A SMF Theme Like Nairaland / Ogbongeblog Blogger Template - Free Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.