Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Appreciate Your Mum/the Only Son Rule Didnt Apply To Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Appreciate Your Mum/the Only Son Rule Didnt Apply To Me (385 Views)

Should I Tell My Mum The Truth Or Not ? / Deportee In Tears As Only Son Dies, Wife Marries Best Friend (pic) / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Appreciate Your Mum/the Only Son Rule Didnt Apply To Me by MikeyMontaz: 5:33am On Aug 28, 2017
While growing up I had the opportunity to experience true love of a mother that cares for her son but mine was in a different way unlike what most people think about the "only son getting spoilt due to excessive pampering"..
You all should be able to testify the urge to play with our mates most of us had while growing. Well mine was playing football. I could do anything to play football even if it meant sneaking out of the house knowing fully well what to expect from my mum when I get back which is massive beating.At a point I got used to the beating which made her change her beating technique. The annoying part of it is that whenever I finally convince her to actually allow me play football after months of begging,I mostly end up getting myself injured which results in another beating.
The major highlight that I can never forget is when I begged her as usual to go and play football just outside our house but she obliged which i expected but I just had to partake in the football either by playing or watching them play so I had to climb the pavement and balanced my legs somehow in a shaky bucket just to get the view right. 2mins later I lost balance and hit the side of my eye on the pavement. I quickly ran to my mum crying hoping for her to console me but to my greatest surprise she slapped me beyond repair before fixing me up!. I was confused. I kept asking myself if I'm truly her son. Lol..
Fast forward to this present age, I can now see part of the reason why she did all that. She probably saw the kind of person I am and knew that I would have gone astray if she didn't treat me that way. She really helped me in ways I can't possibly explain.There are a lot of stupid decisions I would have made but if I remember the way she would react if she was there I will just withdraw. I still make top notch decisions based on how she brought me up and it has never failed me.
I just want to say this "I'm forever grateful mum and I won't stop loving you. I miss you.

(1) (Reply)

Call For Your F.maths, Maths, Physics And Chemistry Teacher In Ibadan / Letting Go / Photos: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 62 Years Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.