Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There (47207 Views)

20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University / Top Countries To Get A Job In After Studying There / Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by bouncenews2: 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2017
Nigerians are exceptional and wherever you find them, they shine like diamonds in the sky.

Some Nigerians are studying at the Bowie State University, in the State of Maryland, U.S. and the school has good testimonies.

About 1,000 Nigerian students are in the tertiary institution and about 100 are international students while 900 are residents.

Professor Cosmas Nwokeafor is a Nigerian and he is the Dean of the institution's Graduate School.

He told the News Agency of Nigeria that the institution has been blessed by Nigerian students.

“Most of our Nigerian students are majoring in Computer Science and Organisational Communications and many other programmes.

“And Nigerians have actually performed very well and I can tell you because I’ve been in this university for 25 years.

“When you look at the list of performance, our students have been stellar students in all facets of our graduate programmes as well as the undergraduate too.

“In most areas, many of our students have completed their degree programmes here both the undergraduate and graduate, and have advanced in other major professional fields out there.

“Their character, my goodness, if I would speak about their character based on the ones that work very close with me, you can see the difference.

“When you meet Nigerian students, you can tell they are well-mannered, very humble, respectful and mindful of their business, which is of course their education.

“Among all, there might be one or two that do not actually portray what we expect of them but a majority has actually demonstrated excellence and that represents Nigeria very well,” he said

According to him, many Nigerians who had completed their programmes in the university are medical doctors.

“Some are professional nursing practitioners and educators are out there are doing very well. A lot of our students on the undergraduate level that come from Nigeria are really doing so well.”

Robert Batten is a Senior Director, International Programmes at the university and he also spoke highly of Nigerian students in the 150-year-old university.

Batten said: “The first thing I know is about their work ethic; they are tirelessly committed to excellence.

“When they are hired for on-campus jobs, they show up early, they stay late, they ask for additional job duties; the employers on campus love these Nigerian students”.

cc: Fynestboi, olawalebabs, Richiez,

https://nnn.com.ng/guardian/nigerian-students-are-well-mannered-u-s-university-officials/

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by teewai3(m): 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
Nigeria, Good people, Great nation

194 Likes 24 Shares

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2017
just because a few are scammers and 419ers doesnt mean that the rest are not great in their fields....sadly, what we hear everyday in the news is about these scammers etc

149 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by Dexema(m): 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
just because a few are scammers and 419ers doesnt mean that the rest are not great in their fields....sadly, what we hear everyday in the news is about these scammers etc

There is no news like bad news because it spreads like wildfire. Nigerians are friendly and hardworking, even the few Nigerian criminals work hard at their dark trade.

124 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
It not like they cannot misbehave, dem dont want to come to 9ja uni if the misbehave.

11 Likes

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by Fidelismaria: 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
ok
Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by muller101(m): 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2017
U won't see bigots on this thread. Assuming the news came from the negative angle. East and West will be disgracing themselves here.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2017
U guys should chop kiss kiss kiss

m coming there soon kiss

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by boystone100(m): 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2017
beautifully made country with beautiful people, GOD bless Nigeria

21 Likes

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by DesChyko: 5:21pm On Aug 28, 2017
Where we need the whites to even remind us of our potentials.

1 Like

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by eleojo23: 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2017
Nigerians are good at what the do.

It's unfortunate that we have not been able to lead ourselves well.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by dennisworld1(m): 5:57pm On Aug 28, 2017
Love this news. Let me see the school admission process for graduates.

2 Likes

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by Juniorbuba(m): 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2017
Nigeria is a blessed country if u remove all those policemen that use to sleep with their rifle under their head and politicians that use to put money inside house with A.C

5 Likes

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by Desyner: 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
A Nigerian appraising fellow Nigerians.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by SEOManiac: 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
Marketing strategy. Trust me.

8 Likes

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by Uyi168: 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2017
teewai3:
Nothing great about the nation

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by iamchybs(m): 7:33pm On Aug 28, 2017
Nigeria is a blessed country with a cursed throne.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by julioralph(m): 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2017
So Nice
Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by handsomebanana(m): 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2017
Uyi168:
Nothing great about the nation

U can say that again

9 Likes

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by adekunle0000: 8:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
Majority of those Nigerians will must certainly be Igbos. They are just good at almost everything sentiments unattached.

2 Likes

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2017
bouncenews2:

Nigerians are exceptional and wherever you find them, they shine like diamonds in the sky.

Some Nigerians are studying at the Bowie State University, in the State of Maryland, U.S. and the school has good testimonies.

About 1,000 Nigerian students are in the tertiary institution and about 100 are international students while 900 are residents.

Professor Cosmas Nwokeafor is a Nigerian and he is the Dean of the institution's Graduate School.

He told the News Agency of Nigeria that the institution has been blessed by Nigerian students.

“Most of our Nigerian students are majoring in Computer Science and Organisational Communications and many other programmes.

“And Nigerians have actually performed very well and I can tell you because I’ve been in this university for 25 years.

“When you look at the list of performance, our students have been stellar students in all facets of our graduate programmes as well as the undergraduate too.

“In most areas, many of our students have completed their degree programmes here both the undergraduate and graduate, and have advanced in other major professional fields out there.

“Their character, my goodness, if I would speak about their character based on the ones that work very close with me, you can see the difference.

“When you meet Nigerian students, you can tell they are well-mannered, very humble, respectful and mindful of their business, which is of course their education.

“Among all, there might be one or two that do not actually portray what we expect of them but a majority has actually demonstrated excellence and that represents Nigeria very well,” he said

According to him, many Nigerians who had completed their programmes in the university are medical doctors.

“Some are professional nursing practitioners and educators are out there are doing very well. A lot of our students on the undergraduate level that come from Nigeria are really doing so well.”

Robert Batten is a Senior Director, International Programmes at the university and he also spoke highly of Nigerian students in the 150-year-old university.

Batten said: “The first thing I know is about their work ethic; they are tirelessly committed to excellence.

“When they are hired for on-campus jobs, they show up early, they stay late, they ask for additional job duties; the employers on campus love these Nigerian students”.

cc: Fynestboi, olawalebabs, Richiez,

By Nigerian, they mean Igbos.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by eleojo23: 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
PrecisionFx:

By Nigerian, they mean Igbos.

What happened to Biafra? lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 28, 2017
eleojo23:

What happened to Biafra? lipsrsealed

Things have order.

it's line by line.

just like I've never seen an Ewedugerian eating pepperish soup n ewedu thru their nostrils.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
Lol...They should wehdone o
Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by 1bunne4lif(m): 11:34pm On Aug 28, 2017
Goodnews
Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by mikool007(m): 12:23am On Aug 29, 2017
K
Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by mikool007(m): 12:23am On Aug 29, 2017
Yes o
Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by jericco1(m): 12:59am On Aug 29, 2017
Not bad
Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by lonelydora: 5:00am On Aug 29, 2017
Proudly Nigerian
Re: See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There by whatsupbitches: 7:10am On Aug 29, 2017
teewai3:
Good people, fukd up nation

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between 'Good Evening' (5pm) And 'Good Evening' (8pm)? / Fresh University Graduate Awaiting NYSC Dies In Her Sleep / Happie Boiz Spotted Entertaining Guests At A Cyprus Club Last Night (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.