Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Us To Nigeria Baggage Restrictions - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us To Nigeria Baggage Restrictions (1340 Views)

10 Things Nigerian Customs Must Not Find In Your Baggage / Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? / Ba Baggage Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us To Nigeria Baggage Restrictions by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2010
Hello, please does any one know if we're allowed to carry fresh fruits and bread from the US to Nigeria? I want to place fruits like strawberries, peaches and nectarine along with some sweet cinnamon bread and chocolates in my carry on bag. I've called TSA and they said they're not in charge of international travel and I called Delta airlines which is the airline I'm traveling with and their customer service keeps telling me to check their website for more information. I've scanned the whole site and didn't get an answer so pls if there's anyone on here that knows I'll be very happy. Thanks in advance :-)
Re: Us To Nigeria Baggage Restrictions by THEAMAKA(f): 9:39pm On Feb 21, 2010
I'm pretty sure you can. if you are brining that in your carry-on, why not?
i've brought my own share of food along my trips, no wahala.
but i haven't travelled in like 2 years, so i really don't know if there are new rules.
but i doubt there is a problem, why wouldn't someone be allowed to bring their own food with them on board a flight?
JUST NO LIQUIDS!
Re: Us To Nigeria Baggage Restrictions by oyewolejos(m): 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2010
Nigeria is free for anything. They allow guns,rocket and other materials used for religious crisis why won't they allow food. This country is a junk yard so bring anything u like nobody would ask u questions. Frankly speaking u can bring them in so far u don't have any hidden materials inside cos people use that trick to bring hard drugs in but i think if u are honest with it u can bring it in.if anybody ask questions just tell them they are for personal use during your visit.
Re: Us To Nigeria Baggage Restrictions by THEAMAKA(f): 9:50pm On Feb 21, 2010
oyewolejos:

Nigeria is free for anything. They allow guns,rocket and other materials used for religious crisis why won't they allow food. This country is a junk yard so bring anything u like nobody would ask u questions. Frankly speaking u can bring them in so far u don't have any hidden materials inside cos people use that trick to bring hard drugs in but i think if u are honest with it u can bring it in.if anybody ask questions just tell them they are for personal use during your visit.

did you even read her post? she is talking about Delta Airlines and this is an international flight you nit wit.
most of the safety precautions go for the duration of the flight, not necessarily where you're heading to.
you can bring food but NOT liquids.
Re: Us To Nigeria Baggage Restrictions by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2010
ok thanks i'm really grateful!!!
Re: Us To Nigeria Baggage Restrictions by johnkent(m): 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2010
You might have problems going through TSA in the US with all them fruits in ur carry on bag and may i say, ur destination is a country on the terrorism list so u might be carrying a , ( u fill in the blanks).
I would suggest u forget about fruits so u don't get pulled into secondary inspection.

(1) (Reply)

Best Time To Shop In Us / Are U Interested In American Visa Lottery 2011 / Travelling Is Not That Difficult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.