Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Frequently Asked Question On Solar Power Solutions In Lagos, Nigeria - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Frequently Asked Question On Solar Power Solutions In Lagos, Nigeria (1091 Views)

Phitech Power Solutions Thread: CCTV, Solar, ATS, Electrical Wiring.... / Solar Energy Is The Future! Come In For Your Solar Power Solutions. / Please Help, I Want To Buy Mtn Lumos Solar Power(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Frequently Asked Question On Solar Power Solutions In Lagos, Nigeria by VesselnetINT: 3:56pm On Aug 29, 2017
We are Vesselnet Integrated and we provide solar energy solutions for homes and businesses in Nigeria and sub-Saharan Africa. We believe in the possibility of powering a million Nigerian homes before year 2025 as we have the team and the sustainable solution to boost life and productivity. For more information about us, kindly visit: www.vesselnetintegrated.com

We have created this FAQ to help provide some questions to many Solar Energy Solutions in Nigeria and we have chosen the Nairaland Platform as one good platform to promote renewable energy solutions.

How Does Solar Power Works?
Solar Power is one of the cleanest renewable energy source which works by converting sun’s rays into power electricity. The component used in harvesting this Sun’s rays is called solar panel (PV panel or photovoltaic panel) which is made of arranged silicon cells excited by photons when the sun’s light falls on it, the difference of potential created at the junction, potential difference, also called voltage difference. A Direct Current (DC) is generated from the panel which is converted to an alternating current (AC) best for powering devices like your Television, Fridge, Washing machine etc through the use of an Inverter.

What is a Solar Power Solution?
A solar Power Solution comprises of Solar Panels, Controllers, Inverters, Battery and sometimes battery monitoring system and apps to monitor power solution remotely. In other words, a solar solution system is a complete power generating installation which starts from harvesting of Sun’s rays to Solar cells positioned at a point to conversion from DC to AC through an Inverter with MTTP/Charge controller monitoring voltage input for maximum current exchange, then the battery serves as energy storage firms rated in Ah at different voltages.

How do I get electric energy at night or in cloudy days?
When Solar energy is generated during the day, if stored properly using storage devices like battery, it is possible to have electric energy for home use at night. Solar electricity works when Sun’s light is available because it is this sun’s photon which strikes the Solar panels that is converted to electricity for home and business use. During cloudy days, minimal energy can be stored since solar needs the Sun and at night it is only the capacity of the energy stored in the battery that the inverter converts for use.

Why is Solar Energy Electricity so costly?
It is true that the initial cost of solar energy for home and businesses can be high just like the initial generation of all other sources of energy to the National and state grid but when cost is spread over the life time of use, solar can then be used very cost-saving as it is well known that inflation will always increase the cost of National electricity to residence, business and Industry. It is expected that your initial solar installation should serve from 25 to 35 years depending on design, installation, quality of components and the method of use.

How much will I save?
It depends on the way you look at cost saving, for short term projection, it may look as if you are not saving much due to the initial cost but it is well known that when the cost of powering your appliance with petrol, generator, replacement/maintenance of generator parts and National grid cost factored in, over a period of ten years and 15 years, the cost of Solar seems cheaper overtime.

Why should I even choose Solar Solution
There are plenty of reasons to go for Solar Solutions but the most important one is the long-term cost saving for yourself, others are the beauty of having a green and noiseless environment. Knowing that inflation will definitely affect the prices of fueling and this rising cost will have impact on income and other aspect. Here is the analysis we did concerning the cost benefit at Vesselnet Integrated.

Can I go off-grid (without connection to National Power Source) with Solar?
You can always go off-grid depending on the kind of Solution installed for you and the weather condition around you. The desire to completely go off-grid is dependent on these two. If the weather condition is favourable for solar that is to help charge the amount of batteries you have daily, then going completely off-grid will save you some money.
[color=#006600][/color]
How many Solar Panels can charge a 200Ah battery?
For a 12V 200Ah battery, the total Wh derived would be 2400Wh. Assuming the sun was able to charge the battery for 5hours., then we will have 480 watt which practically means two 250W to 260W should be sufficient to charge a 12V 200Ah Solar battery full for 5 hours duration.
What Solar Capacity will I be needing for my 3bed room flat?
The best way to determine what any three bed room flat would consume will be to know
1. The number of appliances to be power by Solar
2. The rating of each appliance
3. How long they will be powered
4. The number of batteries to be used and other factors.
Always ensure you list out correctly the wattage of each appliance that will be powered using solar for the engineers to choose capacity appropriately. You can get a free Solar quote from us. Send a mail to info@vesselnetintegrated.com or call 09063063687

How often do I need to clean my Solar Panel?
Dust and debris will overtime accumulate on the solar panels which may not seriously have impact in the output of the Solar Power Output. It will require that you clean when output on system drops noticeably. Solar installation generally requires minimal maintenance and usually we recommend maintenance every 18 months-24 months.

How many solar Panels will I be needing for a 1kW system:
Depending on the rating of your PV modules (solar Panels), just divide the rating say 200Wp with the 1kW. In this case, you will be needing a minimum of 5 Solar Panels to get 1kW. Considering normal condition of things as it may not be possible to get the maximum power from the rated solar panel. It is advisable go for a higher rated panel. Four 260Wp solar modules will be suitable than four 250Wp of same quality and specification.

How long will my Solar Energy Solution Last?
A good Solar installation is meant to last for over 20 years as the line performance will decrease overtime, panels can be replaced and the system power output got back from the source.

How many batteries would I be needing for a 1kW system for 24 hours supply?

Depending on usage, a minimum of four good 12V 200Ah batteries would be best suitable to give 9.6kWh.

Note: this section will be updated frequently.

For information on Solar Solutions, kindly send a mail to info@vesselnetintegrated.com

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Buy SOLD***Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo 4G Get Free Digital Camera / Access Control System Monitor And Control Your Work Facility / Brand New 55" Haier Thermocool TV Full HD LED For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.