Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Lagos: ‘yes, I Did It, No Regret’ —convicted Rap/ist - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos: ‘yes, I Did It, No Regret’ —convicted Rap/ist (1240 Views)

I Did Not Kill My Boss With Poisoned Apple– Housemaid (photo) / Driver Convicted For Trying To Bribe FRSC Officer / I Came To Lagos To Steal- Convicted SUV Snatcher Confesses (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos: ‘yes, I Did It, No Regret’ —convicted Rap/ist by aloyemeka2: 3:10am On Feb 22, 2010
Lagos: ‘Yes, I did it, no regret’ —Convicted rapist
By Wahab Abdulah
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Except for any unusual intervention, a 30-year-old man, Saheed Famuyiwa will spend another four years behind bars for raping a 19-year-old girl, Adeola Ogundele early this year.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/feb/20/313.html

Famuyiwa who was sentenced to a four-year jail term by Magistrate Ayo Adebayo of an Ikeja Magistrate court was found guilty on two of the three-count charge of wrongful conduct, assault and rape.

He was specifically found guilty of rape by the court after he admitted having canal knowledge of the teenager but was discharged of the assault charge as he denied assaulting his victim.

He was sentenced to four years and three months imprisonment without an option of fine by the court.

The accused was charged to court by police, Sergeant Chris Tahum after it was said that he carried out the act after he ambushed the girl when she was alone. According to the police prosecutor, “the convict intercepted his victim and forcefully dragged her to a hideout at Isale Idiagbon area, Ogba, Lagos State on January 25, 2010.”

According to the prosecution, it was at that hideout that he assaulted her by beating her up and injuring her left eye. Thereafter, the convict was said to have raped the young girl.

Latter, the victim who reported the matter to the police was taken to Ifako Ijaiye General Hospital for medical treatment.

A medical report was issued to her, confirming what she had gone through in the hands of a rapist.

According to the charge sheet, it was stated that Saheed Famuyiwa, 30, on January 25, 2010 “had beaten one Adeola Ogundele, 19 and caused injuries on her left eye, dragged her to a hide out and had forceful carnal knowledge without her consent, an offence contrary to Sections 355, 24(9)(d) and Section 358 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Lagos State, 2003.”

The offence was said to have been committed at No.17 Abeokuta street, Ogba, after which the girl reported the incident to the police station at Ogba at about 0900hrs.

While his plea was taken on January 29, 2010, Famuyiwa however, did not deny carrying out the act.
Re: Lagos: ‘yes, I Did It, No Regret’ —convicted Rap/ist by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 04, 2010
they should cut off his tiny manhood
Re: Lagos: ‘yes, I Did It, No Regret’ —convicted Rap/ist by tayoast(m): 10:56pm On Mar 06, 2010
wicked boy.

4yrs is even lenient
Re: Lagos: ‘yes, I Did It, No Regret’ —convicted Rap/ist by oge4real(f): 11:37pm On Mar 07, 2010
Just 4 years? Thats poor punishment for an unrepentant fool.
Re: Lagos: ‘yes, I Did It, No Regret’ —convicted Rap/ist by tayoast(m): 11:58pm On Mar 07, 2010
oge4real:

Just 4 years? Thats poor punishment for an unrepentant fool.

take it easy.

lets hope d boy can be rehabilitated

(1) (Reply)

Couple Allegedly Maltreats Innocent Boy To Death! / Pakistani Man Caught Raping Nigerian Girl / 2 Men Arrested For Rapeing A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.