Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,656 members, 7,851,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:43 PM

Kim Kardashian & Family Donated $500,000 To Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kim Kardashian & Family Donated $500,000 To Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts (736 Views)

Future And Lori Harvey Arrive Lagos, Nigeria For A Concert / Kemi Olunloyo Blasted By Doctor Harvey Olufunmilayo After Wrong Medical Advice / E-money Poses Beside His $500,000 Maybach 62s In New Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kim Kardashian & Family Donated $500,000 To Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts by glancenaija: 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2017
Not even Kevin Hart could have predicted this kind of response.

With a tropical storm continuing to devastate residents of Houston, Texas, the 38-year-old comedian launched the Hurricane Harvey Relief Challenge Monday to support relief efforts in the area. He donated $25,000 and asked Beyoncé, Dave Chappelle, Jay-Z, Dwayne Johnson, Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld and Justin Timberlake to match his donation. “Keep your head up Houston and keep your faith,” Hart wrote Tuesday. “I love you all and my prayers are with you!”

Proceeds will benefit the American Red Cross.

Due in part to Hart, other celebrities began to share their support publicly.

Kim Kardashian announced her family’s generous pledge Tuesday:

“Stay strong Houston and hold onto faith. Me and my family know what you’re going thru,” Johnson told his 92.9 Instagram followers. “We survived the eye of Andrew and became stronger—so will you. All my love and strength.”

Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez pledged $25,000 each Tuesday, and the pop star asked her followers to donate “whatever you can afford. Do as much as you can. We’re gonna do as much as we can through this whole process.”

“We’ve been watching everything that’s been going on in Houston and our hearts are breaking for all the families that are displaced, all the victims. Seeing these pictures of children and all the footage, it’s just devastating,” she said on Instagram. “We just want to do our part to help.”
As Rodriguez explained, donating is everyone’s “opportunity to come together as one to help all the great families in distress down in Houston. We are praying for you and God bless all of you.”

“At the end of the day, we’re all one. We’re all in this together,” Lopez told her followers. “We have to pull together when others are in need in this country and everywhere in this world.”

In 18 hours, Hart’s CrowdRise page has received $291,274 in donations from 2,154 people.

http://glancenaija.com/2017/08/29/kim-kardashian-family-donated-500000-hurricane-harvey-relief-efforts/

Re: Kim Kardashian & Family Donated $500,000 To Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts by ubongoton(m): 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2017
she could be the rehab of jericho
Re: Kim Kardashian & Family Donated $500,000 To Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts by ibkkk(f): 9:42pm On Aug 29, 2017
cool

(1) (Reply)

Excitement As Vesiri Ibru Marries In Sweden / Toto Dike's Estranged Husband 'churchill' Covers LA MODE Magazine (photo) / Angela Okorie Celebrates Her Son's 6th Birthday Today See His Cute Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.