Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Where Will The Prophet Peace Be Upon Him Parent Be? Paradise Or Otherwise - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Where Will The Prophet Peace Be Upon Him Parent Be? Paradise Or Otherwise (885 Views)

Return Of Prophet Isa (jesus) Peace Be Upon Him / Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) / What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Will The Prophet Peace Be Upon Him Parent Be? Paradise Or Otherwise by FriendNG: 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2017
Muslim (203) narrated from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that a man said: “O Messenger of Allaah, where is my father?” He said: “In Hell.” When he turned away he called him back and said: “My father and your father are in Hell.”

Muslim (976) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I asked my Lord for permission to pray for forgiveness for my mother, but He did not give me permission. And I asked Him for permission to visit her grave, and He gave me permission.”

Any explanations to these hadith.
Re: Where Will The Prophet Peace Be Upon Him Parent Be? Paradise Or Otherwise by Amoto94(m): 7:26am On Aug 30, 2017
Re: Where Will The Prophet Peace Be Upon Him Parent Be? Paradise Or Otherwise by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:54am On Aug 30, 2017
FriendNG:

Any explanations to these hadith.

No Explanations at all. It's just as the hadith has stated!
Re: Where Will The Prophet Peace Be Upon Him Parent Be? Paradise Or Otherwise by Empiree: 3:43am On Aug 31, 2017
Opinions vary but it is best to be silent on this issue and worry about your end.

Narrated from Anas : A man came to Rasulullah SAAW : "O Rasulullah, where is my (dead) father now?" He answered, "in hell". When the man turned his back, Rasulullah SAAW called him back and stated "your father and my father are in hell" (Shahih Muslim 1 : 398)

Yes indeed this hadith is shahih, and people who asked about Rasulullah's parents referred to this hadith. But the status of this hadith is mansukh, because after Rasulullah SAAW said it, Allah gave him a revelation :

"....nor would we pour our wrath upon a people until we send them a Messenger" (Suraa Al Isra' : 15)

In Uhud battle, Rasulullah (SAW) said to Sa'ad ibn Abi Waqqash (r.a) when he (SAW) saw a kafir burned a Muslim : "Point the arrow to him, your guarantee is my mother and my father!" . Sa'ad ibn Abi Waqqash (r.a) replied gladly, "Rasulullah (SAW) gathered me with the name of his mother and father!" (Shahih Bukhari)

There is no way Rasulullah (SAW) gave Sa'ad such guarantee, if his mother and father reside in hell.

In various seerah, it is said that Abdul Muthalib is a strong follower of Ibrahim monotheistic religion, which makes Rasulullah's parents, are actually muslims through Prophet Ibrahim (a.s) teachings.

The Pure Message or a Messenger never reached both of Rasoolullah's (SAW) parents, so how could they be punished? Yes, without doubt, they believed in the Religion of Hazrat Ibrahim (alaihis salaam), that is, in One Allah. Yet, as history proves, the Divine Books at that time had been misinterpreted and tampered with by human beings. The criterion of being called a person of faith at that time was strictly to believe in One God, which the parents of Rasoolullah (SAW) believed in. It would be unfair to, therefore, call them disbelievers

There is another famous hadith which states that nabi(SAW) came through pure nur. From one nur to another until it reached Hazrat Abdellah (his father).

Abu Nua’im writes in Dala’il al-Nabuwwa, with the chain of Ibn Abbas (ra) that the Prophet (pbuh) said,

“Allah continued to transfer me from the loins of the pure to the wombs of the pure, clean and mannered. No two groups have appeared except I was the best of the two.” As stated in the 28th verse of Surah al Tawba, Quran defines the people of shirk as “unclean, impure”. Regarding this fact, the cleanness mentioned in the hadiths probably refers to “faith”.

1 Like

Re: Where Will The Prophet Peace Be Upon Him Parent Be? Paradise Or Otherwise by AlBaqir(m): 7:26am On Aug 31, 2017
# Those ahadith are nothing but fraud. Remove those two ahadith in isolation, nothing concrete is known about the parents of Nabi. Anyway, the hadith is "sahih" for whoever believeth in it.

A quick question :
# If Nabi's parents were truly Kuffar as those hadiths suggest, why would Nabi wished that his "kuffar" parents be sacrificed for a Mu'min's righteous course?

* Sahih Bukhari and Tirmidhi document:

Narrated `Ali:
I never saw the Prophet (s ) saying, "Let my parents sacrifice their lives for you," to any man after Sa`d. I
heard him saying (to him), "Throw (the arrows)! Let my
parents sacrifice their lives for you
."

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 2905
In-book reference : Book 56, Hadith 119
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 4, Book 52, Hadith 154
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/56/119

# For Allah to accept any sacrifice, two things are the key:

1. Your Niyyat (intention) must be for Him and Him alone

2. The quality of your sacrifice - it should be something worthy.
Re: Where Will The Prophet Peace Be Upon Him Parent Be? Paradise Or Otherwise by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 31, 2017
Laughing hysterically .. 2 kafir spotted.. Waiting for more
Re: Where Will The Prophet Peace Be Upon Him Parent Be? Paradise Or Otherwise by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 31, 2017
what is the isnad of the hadith you quoted on huud battle empiree
Re: Where Will The Prophet Peace Be Upon Him Parent Be? Paradise Or Otherwise by AlBaqir(m): 8:33am On Aug 31, 2017
AhluSunnah:
what is the isnad of the hadith you quoted on huud battle empiree

# The hadith is the same as I have quoted in "sahih" Bukhari above. When you are reading, don't only open your eyes, try to open your senses if there's one.
Re: Where Will The Prophet Peace Be Upon Him Parent Be? Paradise Or Otherwise by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 31, 2017
albaqir .. The hadith you quoted is sahih. Definately rasul haven't receive revelation about his parents whereabout before he said that... And those hadith aren't contradicting at all, its u that need brain filter. if not that you are a fool. . You said you do not believe in hadith bukhari and yet you quote from sahih bukhari.. Stupid fool.. And there are several hadith/different/ on hijab,meat and other issue..,hadith is also revelation just like quran. Hijab command came very late..Despite seeing hadith explaining hijab, some people will still go quote the hadith that doesn't talk hijab to rodda the one talking hijab............ That is exactly what happens here. Rasul said that because he had no idea about anything about them..,and when the time comes, Allah told him about them..,ki wa ni big deal.. Very clear hadith..Straight forward..
Re: Where Will The Prophet Peace Be Upon Him Parent Be? Paradise Or Otherwise by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 31, 2017
AlBaqir:

# The hadith is the same as I have quoted in "sahih" Bukhari above. When you are reading, don't only open your eyes, try to open your senses if there's one.
Not the same.. Just the words are same.. Hadith he quoted is from saad directly.. The one you quoted is relayed. . THAT IS EVEN IF YOU UNDERSTAND
Re: Where Will The Prophet Peace Be Upon Him Parent Be? Paradise Or Otherwise by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:43am On Aug 31, 2017
AlBaqir:
# Those ahadith are nothing but fraud. Remove those two ahadith in isolation, nothing concrete is known about the parents of Nabi. Anyway, the hadith is "sahih" for whoever believeth in it.

A quick question :
# If Nabi's parents were truly Kuffar as those hadiths suggest, why would Nabi wished that his "kuffar" parents be sacrificed for a Mu'min's righteous course?

* Sahih Bukhari and Tirmidhi document:

Narrated `Ali:
I never saw the Prophet (s ) saying, "Let my parents sacrifice their lives for you," to any man after Sa`d. I
heard him saying (to him), "Throw (the arrows)! Let my
parents sacrifice their lives for you
."

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 2905
In-book reference : Book 56, Hadith 119
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 4, Book 52, Hadith 154
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/56/119

# For Allah to accept any sacrifice, two things are the key:

1. Your Niyyat (intention) must be for Him and Him alone

2. The quality of your sacrifice - it should be something worthy.

SubhanaAllah!
Such words are spoken without intending the apparent literal meaning. This is something that is well known in the speech of the Arabs, such as when they say, “May my father and mother be sacrificed for you,” “May your hands be rubbed with dust,” and so on.

An-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said: The words (of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)), “Shoot, may my father and mother be sacrificed for you!” indicate that it is permissible to use this expression.

This was the view of the majority of scholars. However, ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab and Hasan al-Basri (may Allah be pleased with them both) disliked it, and some of the scholars regarded it as makrooh for a Muslim to say this.

The correct view is that it is permissible in all cases, because it does not really mean sacrificing them; rather it is a figure of speech and expression of love for him and acknowledgement of his status.
End quote from Sharh Muslim by an-Nawawi.

And Allah knows best.
Re: Where Will The Prophet Peace Be Upon Him Parent Be? Paradise Or Otherwise by AlBaqir(m): 10:50am On Aug 31, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

SubhanaAllah!
Such words are spoken without intending the apparent literal meaning. This is something that is well known in the speech of the Arabs, such as when they say, “May my father and mother be sacrificed for you,” “May your hands be rubbed with dust,” and so on.

# Obviously its not apparent meaning we are talking about here. However, whichever way you place it, its a strong hujjah.

Rashduct4luv:

An-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said: The words (of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)), “Shoot, may my father and mother be sacrificed for you!” indicate that it is permissible to use this expression.

This was the view of the majority of scholars. However, ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab and Hasan al-Basri (may Allah be pleased with them both) disliked it, and some of the scholars regarded it as makrooh for a Muslim to say this.

The correct view is that it is permissible in all cases, because it does not really mean sacrificing them; rather it is a figure of speech and expression of love for him and acknowledgement of his status.
End quote from Sharh Muslim by an-Nawawi.

And Allah knows best.

# Whether Umar liked it or not, its of no probative value. The point remains that according to your hadith, Nabi used it.

# And according to your deduction its an expression of love and acknowledgment of status. The question still remains why must Nabi used his "Kuffar" parents to be of "sacrifice" for a Mu'min to express love and acknowledgement for his righteous deed?

# A Mu'min not to mention a Nabi have absolutely nothing to do with Mushriqun. This is a clear instructions from the Qur'an. Are you accusing Nabi of contempt of Allah's instructions?

(1) (Reply)

Who Are Lovers Of Allah / How We Separated By Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkari / Ramadan: Is Nigeria The Only Country With The Problem Of The Missing Moon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.