Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Nigerian Man Caught In Australia Smuggling Drugs - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Caught In Australia Smuggling Drugs (751 Views)

EFCC Arrests 21 Trucks For Smuggling Foodstuffs To Neighbouring Countries / Nigerian Man Apprehended For Allegedly Smuggling Drugs And SIM Cards In India / Theophilus Ugwu Sentenced To Death In Vietnam For Smuggling Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Caught In Australia Smuggling Drugs by Markfemi2: 6:40am On Aug 30, 2017
ackson Igwebuike, who is accused of importing 10 kilograms of the drug ice inside three fish statues was found guilty in Australia, today, despite maintaining he was set up by a friend.

Igwebuike, 34, maintained throughout his trial in the ACT Supreme Court that he was tricked into transporting the drugs, which he was caught with while trying to board a bus from Canberra to Sydney. See previous report here

Igwebuike said he agreed to deliver the fish statues to help his friend's decor business, as the friend had helped him when he came to Australia to study.

But he said two men came and broke open the statues, revealing packaging wrapped in black, and demanded he take them to Sydney.

He told the court the men threatened him with a gun and a picture of his wife, who was in Nigeria.
Igwebuike told the court he realised what was happening but he was scared and unable to back out.

"They made it clear that if I did not take these items they would be prepared to kill my wife and destroy me," he told the court. "They have ruined my life. I can't even get a job."

The jury rejected his account and took just over two hours to find him guilty of importing the drugs. He will be sentenced in October.

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/8/update-nigerian-man-found-guilty-of-importing-10kg-of-drugs-inside-fish-statues-in-australia.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Caught In Australia Smuggling Drugs by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:40am On Aug 30, 2017
This one weak me, this modified hate speech should get to FP?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Caught In Australia Smuggling Drugs by Moyinoluwa35(f): 7:06am On Aug 30, 2017
NCAN our brother from the rising sun,,am not surprise........biafra passport page two say in drugs we stand

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Caught In Australia Smuggling Drugs by Chasicolis(f): 7:08am On Aug 30, 2017
its well
Re: Nigerian Man Caught In Australia Smuggling Drugs by simplyhonest(m): 7:18am On Aug 30, 2017
as much as I know... crime is not limited to an ethnic group... besides, he is a Nigerian
Re: Nigerian Man Caught In Australia Smuggling Drugs by sarrki(m): 7:19am On Aug 30, 2017
This are fake Ipob jews
Re: Nigerian Man Caught In Australia Smuggling Drugs by Alcatraz007: 7:22am On Aug 30, 2017
simplyhonest:
as much as I know... crime is not limited to an ethnic group... besides, he is a Nigerian

He is an igbo-biafran. Biafra is almost here. Don't you want it anymore?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Caught In Australia Smuggling Drugs by madridguy(m): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2017
The jury should pardon him.
Re: Nigerian Man Caught In Australia Smuggling Drugs by 7inches: 10:12am On Aug 30, 2017
Alcatraz007:

He is an igbo-biafran. Biafra is almost here. Don't you want it anymore?

Mentord by Mr Tinubu a Yoruba(afonja) drug Lord.
Re: Nigerian Man Caught In Australia Smuggling Drugs by 7inches: 10:13am On Aug 30, 2017
Rubbish

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Female Kidnapper Mercilessly Beaten For Trying To Steal A Baby In Lagos / Graphic Photos: Victims Of Reported Communal Clash In Ikot Offiong, Cross River / Nigerian Man Detained In Vietnam For Allegedly Raping 23-year-old German Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.