Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Is It Right To Feed Chickens Corn Chaff? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Is It Right To Feed Chickens Corn Chaff? (8236 Views)

Is It Advisable To Use Pap Shaft To Feed Chickens. / Plantain Peel,tiger Nut Chaff,mixed Guinea Corn,millet And Corn Chaff / Some Popular Species Of Chickens We Eat In Nigeria [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Feed Chickens Corn Chaff? by Omola8(m): 7:27am On Aug 30, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,pls i want to get something straight ,of recent i bought some broilers and to feed them i usually buy these leftovers from those making akamu(pap) They call it corn chaff.its cheaper than chicken feed, but what i want to know is if there are any side effects or its dangerous to their health

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Feed Chickens Corn Chaff? by ogashman(m): 7:39am On Aug 30, 2017
the only disadvantage of it I know about is that it makes them lose weight: that is they become lighter overtime which may affect the price during sale

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Feed Chickens Corn Chaff? by Nwandol: 8:47am On Aug 30, 2017
U can but you have to constantly treat them of CRD cos they will defintiely have cough and you know broilers are delicate.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Feed Chickens Corn Chaff? by Omola8(m): 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2017
I usually mix the chaff with their feed i.e i use the chaff as their base ingredient

(1) (Reply)

If You Are In Need Of Farm Land In Ibadan / Kebbi State Earned N150bn From Rice Sales In 2017 – GOV / Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.