Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,669 members, 7,813,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Update About Joel Osteen Towards Flood Victims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Update About Joel Osteen Towards Flood Victims (802 Views)

Flood Victims Rescued By Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Return Home (Video) / Prophet Jeremiah Takes Succour To Flood Victims In Delta, Bayelsa, Anambra, Kogi / Prophet Christian Shola Gives Succour To Flood Victims In Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update About Joel Osteen Towards Flood Victims by nemelu123(m): 7:30am On Aug 30, 2017
Joel Osteen's Houston mega-church is admitting people who have been forced out of their homes in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.

Osteen tweeted a number of times Tuesday, informing people the massive structure, formerly the Compaq Center where the Houston Rockets played their professional basketball games, is stocked with air mattresses and other supplies to rescue Houstonians who've been displaced by rising flood waters.

"Lakewood’s doors are open to anyone needing shelter. We are also looking for volunteers and collecting shelter supplies," one Tweet said, and another announced, "Lakewood is receiving people who need shelter. We are also receiving supplies such as baby food, baby formula and other shelter needs."
Re: Update About Joel Osteen Towards Flood Victims by Dottore: 7:45am On Aug 30, 2017
Practicalising Christianity how many pastors in Nigeria have ever thought of visiting internally displaced persons in the north who are members of their Church at least let alone using the church hall as a camp.
Re: Update About Joel Osteen Towards Flood Victims by marvelling(m): 7:51am On Aug 30, 2017
Dottore:
Practicalising Christianity how many pastors in Nigeria have ever thought of visiting internally displaced persons in the north who are members of their Church at least let alone using the church hall as a camp.

they do. it's not everything you publicize

3 Likes

Re: Update About Joel Osteen Towards Flood Victims by Dottore: 8:33am On Aug 30, 2017
marvelling:

they do. it's not everything you publicize

Tell me the ones you know. If I hear say Nigerian pastors did charity without publicising it.
Re: Update About Joel Osteen Towards Flood Victims by marvelling(m): 10:00am On Aug 30, 2017
Dottore:

Tell me the ones you know. If I hear say Nigerian pastors did charity without publicising it.

the redeemed, winners, Christ embassy, trem all have charity outreach programmes targeted at the homeless, widows, orphans etc. Google to find out more about them
Re: Update About Joel Osteen Towards Flood Victims by Dottore: 10:25am On Aug 30, 2017
marvelling:

the redeemed, winners, Christ embassy, trem all have charity outreach programmes targeted at the homeless, widows, orphans etc. Google to find out more about them
Virtually every organization even corporate organisations have charity outreach program but how many are in effect
Re: Update About Joel Osteen Towards Flood Victims by JackBizzle: 10:48am On Aug 30, 2017
nemelu123:
Joel Osteen's Houston mega-church is admitting people who have been forced out of their homes in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.

Osteen tweeted a number of times Tuesday, informing people the massive structure, formerly the Compaq Center where the Houston Rockets played their professional basketball games, is stocked with air mattresses and other supplies to rescue Houstonians who've been displaced by rising flood waters.

"Lakewood’s doors are open to anyone needing shelter. We are also looking for volunteers and collecting shelter supplies," one Tweet said, and another announced, "Lakewood is receiving people who need shelter. We are also receiving supplies such as baby food, baby formula and other shelter needs."  

Nonsense. It was after people abused him on twitter and social media that he opened his church.
Re: Update About Joel Osteen Towards Flood Victims by donnie(m): 1:06pm On Sep 08, 2017
Dottore:

Virtually every organization even corporate organisations have charity outreach program but how many are in effect

See what Christ Emdassy Texas is doing for hurricane Harvey victims... people just talk anyhow. Don't join them.

https://www.kingsch.at/p/d0lESXl

1 Share

Re: Update About Joel Osteen Towards Flood Victims by donnie(m): 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
Dottore:

1000 children displaced by boko haram at the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) Camp in Damare, Yola received back to school kits; courtesy of Christ Embassy Yola.

http://lw-news.com/posts/1000-children-displaced-by-boko-haram-insurgency-receive-back2school-kits?page=3

LESSON: Be careful how you speak against the church because you will give account on the last day.

1 Share

Re: Update About Joel Osteen Towards Flood Victims by Dottore: 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2017
donnie:

See what Christ Emdassy Texas is doing for hurricane Harvey victims... people just talk anyhow. Don't join them.

https://www.kingsch.at/p/d0lESXl

So you now agree with me that they can't do Charity without publicising it.
Re: Update About Joel Osteen Towards Flood Victims by donnie(m): 1:56pm On Sep 08, 2017
Dottore:

So you now agree with me that they can't do Charity without publicising it.

Shame on you. You have been exposed as a liar.

You call this publicity? Partners need to know what their seed are being use for. Do you think you will hear word if CE decides to publicize anything? Just fogerrit.

Ask those who are old enough to remember the days Pastor Chris held crusades in Nigeria. Then you will know the meaning of publicity.
Re: Update About Joel Osteen Towards Flood Victims by Dottore: 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2017
donnie:

Shame on you. You have been exposed as a liar.

You call this publicity? Partners need to know what their seed are being use for. Do you think you will hear word if CE decides to publicize anything? Just fogerrit.

Ask those who are old enough to remember the days Pastor Chris held crusades in Nigeria. Then you will know the meaning of publicity.

I can't honour u by exchanging tantrums with u. It's obvious you are pained by realizing the truth from what I said. Silence is the best answer for...
Go deal with that. Anuofia

(1) (Reply)

The Voices That Speaks To Me In The Night. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/10/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13/11/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.