Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' (1146 Views)

Rappers' Real Names; Snoop Dogg, Jayz, Nicki Minaj, T.I, Lil Wayne, Eminem Dr Dr / Mode 9 Ft Jayz And Rick Ross / Nas Vs Jayz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 22, 2010
JayZ turns down invitation for the remake of 'WE ARE THE WORLD' says some things are just untouchable, What do you think about this ?

The star-studded "We Are the World: 25 for Haiti" might have been the highlight of the opening ceremony of 2010 Winter Olympics on Friday, February 12, but Jay-Z has a strong opinion against the remake. In a recent interview with MTV at the annual "2 Kings" dinner on Saturday, February 13, the rapper stated he thinks the original version of the single is "untouchable."

"I have a interesting take on that," the 40-year-old rapper commented. "I know everybody is gonna take this wrong, 'We Are the World,' I love it, and I understand the point and think it's great. But I think 'We Are the World' is like [Michael Jackson's] 'Thriller' to me. I don't ever wanna see it touched. I'm a fan of music".

"I know the plight and everything that's going on in Haiti. I applaud the efforts: [Millions have been raised] through text [donations] to Haiti," the husband of Beyonce Knowles further stated. "So I appreciate the efforts and everything, but 'We are the World' is [musically] untouchable like 'Thriller' is untouchable. Some things are just untouchable. It was a valiant effort, but for me, it's gonna be untouchable."

On the occasion, the "Young Forever" hitmaker also expressed his opinion in writing a new song to raise funds for the devastated country instead of revamping the 1985 classic. "I would have loved that idea better," he shared. "As everyone knows, I have tremendous respect for < STRONG>Quincy Jones. Of course, I think he's genius, as everyone else does. [But] I think it's time for us to make a new [song]".

Giving an example, Jay-Z then pointed out his recent music collaboration with Rihanna, U2's Bono and The Edge, which premiered at the George Clooney's "Hope for Haiti Telethon" in January. "I tried to do that with 'Stranded'," he said. "I didn't try to make 'We Are the World,' but I tried to make our take on how we felt."
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by Vuitton(m): 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2010
Jay Z has his perspective on the issue and i think its valid cool

But wots the name of that song he did for haiti featuring Rihanna, Bono and Edge
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by Genuflect(m): 9:14pm On Feb 23, 2010
The name of the song is 'Stranded'
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by eldee(m): 4:37am On Feb 24, 2010
Genuflect:

The name of the song is 'Stranded'

Sarcasm my bruva . . .sarcasm grin grin
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by CHAIRMAN1(m): 12:51am On Feb 25, 2010
This big lipped arrogant b.a.s.t.a.r.d. should keep his smelling mouth shut. angry

That's a very shallow excuse, he just want's history to remember him like PRINCE who snubbed an invitation to perform in the 1985 version. Prince gave shalow excuses too. He(Prince) ended up contributing his own single to the 'We are the world(1985) album.

JayZ is used to pulling of tricks that'll make him to be compared with great artistes of the past. We should remember his 'The Black Album' Stunt. He claimed it was his last album- The Beattles last album was titled 'The White Album'.

He think's he's a legend-Devilish fellow.
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by triistar86: 11:51am On Feb 25, 2010
That guy should literally just go suck on something with those enormous lips of his . . . . . I mean wtf. . . .?
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by hatch: 3:14pm On Feb 25, 2010
CHAIRMAN1:

This big lipped arrogant b.a.s.t.a.r.d. should keep his smelling mouth shut. angry

That's a very shallow excuse, he just want's history to remember him like PRINCE who snubbed an invitation to perform in the 1985 version. Prince gave shalow excuses too. He(Prince) ended up contributing his own single to the 'We are the world(1985) album.

JayZ is used to pulling of tricks that'll make him to be compared with great artistes of the past. We should remember his 'The Black Album' Stunt. He claimed it was his last album- The Beattles last album was titled 'The White Album'.

He think's he's a legend-Devilish fellow.

Well its obvious that there will always be haters grin What does it matter anyway, how you feel does not in any way remove an atom from jay z's person. In his honest opinion he gave his reason why he didnt want to be part of the remake and all some loosers here can do is to start calling him names and rain their abuses. What a bunch of loosers.
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by CHAIRMAN1(m): 11:59pm On Feb 25, 2010
hatch#:

Well its obvious that there will always be haters grin What does it matter anyway, how you feel does not in any way remove an atom from jay z's person. In his honest opinion he gave his reason why he didnt want to be part of the remake and all some loosers here can do is to start calling him names and rain their abuses. What a bunch of loosers.
Who are you calling looser-
i know your type, bloody Jay-Z worshiper. Try and shape a path for yourself, you dont know you'r growing old angry
Stupid Girl
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by MojiEsther(f): 1:29am On Feb 26, 2010
Lol!
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by A40(m): 2:03am On Feb 26, 2010
If the guys that sang 'We Are The World' Had the mentality of creating remakes instead of making an entirely new song then we would not have the song in the first place. Jigga has a point!! Some things are just meant to be left alone, imagine if there was a remake of Titanic what are the chances it would be better than the first one??
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by zigbo(f): 4:31am On Feb 26, 2010
Jay's got a point tho.remakes jst kills d classic, although ilike the new version still,
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by eldee(m): 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2010
zigbo:

Jay's got a point tho.remakes jst kills d classic, although ilike the new version still,

That's the thing, it doesn't need to be as good as the other one . . . it's more of a tribute to it.
Besides, it with MJ's death, the best thing we could have done for the Haitians was to carry on his legacy of giving and all out dedication to the people in need.

Jay-Z has a point, but his point is heavily influenced by his personal sentiments.
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by A40(m): 6:25pm On Feb 26, 2010
zigbo:

Hehehe my ex NL girlfriend i miss our e-pillowfights lol grin grin. How you dey??

eldee:

That's the thing, it doesn't need to be as good as the other one . . . it's more of a tribute to it.
Besides, it with MJ's death, the best thing we could have done for the Haitians was to carry on his legacy of giving and all out dedication to the people in need.

Jay-Z has a point, but his point is heavily influenced by his personal sentiments.

Tell me something new El. Show me a selfless rapper and i would show you a skinny sumo-wrestler
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by chiogo(f): 6:39pm On Feb 26, 2010
^^ grin grin I remember your e-pillow fights days. whoo!!

Zigbo girl, where have you been?? Missed your funny posts. smiley

@topic, Umm, his choice, I guess. . . Can't say he did anything wrong. The remake was still hot. .to me. cool
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by stkris(m): 5:54am On Feb 27, 2010
theres absolutely nothing wrong wit his stance
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by FBS: 9:17am On Feb 27, 2010
At first take, yeah Hez got a point but a weak one.
The tune/music/sample from most of his tracks. . .where did he (Jay Z) get them from? yeah from old classic songs.

I'm still feeling this new version though. Maybe not a classic but its was a nice effort.
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by obinna5000(m): 10:34am On Feb 27, 2010
DJ Khaled ft. Various Artists - We Are The World.

I can't stop laughing grin grin

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTOJQ5G_-cI&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by FBS: 10:40am On Feb 27, 2010
^^^ Oh Sh$t!  grin  grin  grin LOL!

WTF!!
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by eldee(m): 10:42am On Feb 27, 2010
FBS:

^^^ Oh Sh$t!  grin  grin  grin LOL!

WTF!!

Now this is how to destroy a legacy grin grin grin grin
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by FBS: 10:45am On Feb 27, 2010
eldee:

Now this is how to destroy a legacy grin grin grin grin
. . .gunshots. . .morafoka. . .oh noooooo! The lyrics na mad. shocked
These guys should be sued. Crazy!!! grin
Now I wonder what Mr. Jay Z will say to this.
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by rapjunkie(m): 10:46am On Feb 27, 2010
obinna5000:

I can't stop laughing  grin  grin

[flash=425,344]

This is soooo funny  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by FBS: 10:52am On Feb 27, 2010
Damn! I can't stop LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!

LOLLLLLLLLLL
LOLLLLLLL
LOLLLLLLLLLL!
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by chiogo(f): 5:53pm On Feb 27, 2010
What the. . .?? grin grin grin
DJ Khaled took this madness to another level. And the funniest part is how he was listing their names at the beginning. . .and you know what follows after that,
"We the best" now "We're the world" then he shuts up. grin
cry cry cry Wow, MJ don suffer. They all sucked. sad
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by A40(m): 1:22am On Feb 28, 2010
obinna5000:

I can't stop laughing grin grin

[flash=425,344]
Hahahahahaha I go die ooh grin grin. LMYO

(1) (Reply)

... / 9ice Now Sober, Begs Id Cabasa, Ajasa, Jahbless And Others. / 2324xclusive Update: R. Kelly Ft Wizkid – I Just Want To Thank You [ Mp3 ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.