Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Rape: - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rape: (1065 Views)

Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / Hoodlums Gang-Rape Lady To Death In Kogi / Robbers In Abuja Shoot Widow In The Mouth For Resisting Rape [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape: by Kgdavid(m): 1:54am On Feb 23, 2010
before i start i would like to make it clear that i completely sympathise with rape victims and i do not accept rape anymore than i accept stealing. However i have been thinking for a while and the previous rape topic on this forum got me thinking more. where does this huge psychological problem that affects rape victims come from? i can understand it when the assailant is some random filthy guy but what if it's somene you know and kinda respected? sex is supposed to be pleasurable and i'd imagine that if the tables were turned most guys would certainly not mind being raped (by girls ofcourse) that much. i'm talking especially about women who say they were raped by their husbands or date raped, surely it can't be that bad? does the fact that it is rape automatically mean that the lady experiences no pleasure during the event? i guess the question i'm asking is do women still enjoy the physical aspect of sex(separated from the emmotional and mental aspect) while being raped?
Re: Rape: by mamagee3(f): 1:59am On Feb 23, 2010
Must you start a thread?
Re: Rape: by Kgdavid(m): 2:12am On Feb 23, 2010
^look who's talking
Re: Rape: by Nobody: 2:14am On Feb 23, 2010
As much as rape is to do with pleasure (on the rapists part obviously), understand that it is also about power and control.

Nobody likes being forced to do what they don't want to do, I understand what you mean about being raped by a stranger compared to someone you know, however, in terms of one's psychological state, I would have thought more damage would come with being raped by someone you know (e.g husband) compared to a stranger.

This is somebody you loved and trusted, most individuals raped by somebody they know do not want to report the incident because they cannot believe what has happened, they wonder if it was their fault, or they wonder about the consequences of reporting the incident. Also, if it is somebody you know, you might lose friends who don’t believe you, the individual who raped you may even put off as being remorseful or just flat out blame the incident on you, come up with excuses and because of the initial trust and bond this could confuse you, leaving you to question alot of things, you just sort of, lose it.
Re: Rape: by Kgdavid(m): 2:28am On Feb 23, 2010
yea i understand all that. but imagine a prostitute gets raped, how legitimate could her claim to be traumatized be? same goes for a lose woman. what is this 'damage'?i understand how painful it could be for someone who was committed to an ideal such as non fornication or adultery but for those victims who were already engaged in casual sex, its rather blown out of proportion.
Re: Rape: by mamagee3(f): 2:33am On Feb 23, 2010
Kgdavid:

^look who's talking

Get lost. . .
Re: Rape: by Kgdavid(m): 2:44am On Feb 23, 2010
^^ i have no choice but to laugh smiley smiley. woman did i find your trouble?
Re: Rape: by Nobody: 3:19am On Feb 23, 2010
It's unspeakable. Don't know how some men do it. I guess they're f*cking animals.
Re: Rape: by Kgdavid(m): 3:27am On Feb 23, 2010
hunger na terrible thing bros
Re: Rape: by sexyLeamon(f): 3:39am On Feb 23, 2010
Kgdavid:

before i start i would like to make it clear that i completely sympathise with despoil victims and i do not accept despoil anymore than i accept stealing. However i have been thinking for a while and the previous despoil topic on this forum got me thinking more. where does this huge psychological problem that affects despoil victims come from? i can understand it when the assailant is some random filthy guy but what if it's somene you know and kinda respected? intimacy is supposed to be pleasurable and i'd imagine that if the tables were turned most guys would certainly not mind being despoiled (by girls ofcourse) that much. i'm talking especially about women who say they were despoiled by their husbands or date despoiled, surely it can't be that bad? does the fact that it is despoil automatically mean that the lady experiences no pleasure during the event? i guess the question i'm asking is do women still enjoy the physical aspect of intimacy(separated from the emmotional and mental aspect) while being despoiled?
It is very possible for a woman to experience physical pleasure and even orgasm during a rape, This does not mean that the woman is "enjoying" the rape, it is simply a biological function of her body to experience pleasure/orgasm during sexual intercourse.

but I feel like slapping you via my laptop I really do, why think of such question even? undecided
Re: Rape: by Nobody: 3:52am On Feb 23, 2010
Kgdavid:

hunger na terrible thing bros
can't such a guy afford a love-peddler or just get a hand job? despoiling to me is animalistic. Can't just imagine myself doing it.
Re: Rape: by Kgdavid(m): 11:01am On Feb 23, 2010
sexyLeamon:

It is very possible for a woman to experience physical pleasure and even heavenly feeling during a despoil, This does not mean that the woman is "enjoying" the despoil, it is simply a biological function of her body to experience pleasure/heavenly feeling during sexual intercourse.

but I feel like slapping you via my laptop I really do, why think of such question even? undecided

abeg no vex na ordinary curiousity. actually i was some friends when a guy just blurted out that all these rape victims should go and sit down and stop pretending that they didn't enjoy the thing. i was a bit flabbergasted at the time but this is nairaland romance section where anything goes right?
Re: Rape: by Kgdavid(m): 11:07am On Feb 23, 2010
chipmunkey:

can't such a guy afford a love-peddler or just get a hand job? despoiling to me is animalistic. Can't just imagine myself doing it.

lol. yea well it is animalistic and so are a lot of things human beings do. like fornicate
Re: Rape: by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 23, 2010
this thread is disturbing angry
Re: Rape: by Demdem(m): 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2010
^^^ why? Poster not in support of Rape. simply curiosity
Re: Rape: by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 23, 2010
Demdem:

^^^ why? Poster not in support of despoil. simply curiosity
still
Re: Rape: by Demdem(m): 5:44pm On Feb 23, 2010
Still what? didnt get u.
Re: Rape: by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 23, 2010
nothing am out of here hmm

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Defiles 12-year-old Girl In Church / Nigeria Internet Fraudster Bags Two Years Imprisonment / Girl Fakes Own Death-pictures..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.