Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Life In Belgium - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Belgium (6623 Views)

50% Of Nigerians Seeking Asylum In Belgium Are From Edo, Lagos’ / Life In Jordan For Nigerians / It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life In Belgium by Ajakayekoke(m): 9:08pm On Sep 01, 2017
Re: Life In Belgium by stacyadams: 9:41pm On Sep 01, 2017
Ajakayekoke:
Please Great niralanders!!! I have questions to ask..
A friend wanna relocate to Belgium,I wanna get to know more about it,Cos His words are a lil bit hard to see to..

1) How easy is it to get a Job?
2) How fast/easy Can a nigerian,get the Belgium residential permit?+is it possible to be granted the Residential permit,while still in nigeria?

3) Do average Belgians communicate in english?

thanks and God bless
..they speak french bro...he better learn french here first..

1 Like

Re: Life In Belgium by pansophist(m): 9:45am On Sep 02, 2017
1. The easiness in securing a job depends on his residency permit and professional competence. If the subject speaks French or Dutch, then his chances exponentially increase. There are jobs, it all depends on the candidate what he has to offer.

2. It is possible to be issued a permit in Nigeria. There are pre-established rules applicants must meet before they can be issued a residence permit. Embassies only issue a permit if there is a need for it. The need could be that you have successfully secured a job and the company is willing to sponsor you, that you have already secured an admission or you are a family of a person domiciled in Belgium. Getting a residence permit has nothing to do with ''easy''. If you meet the established requirements, you will get it.

3. Yes, they do. Although it is advisable to learn French/Dutch if one wants to integrate and navigate life efficiently.

You are welcome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life In Belgium by Ajakayekoke(m): 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2017
pansophist:
1. The easiness in securing a job depends on his residency permit and professional competence. If the subject speaks French or Dutch, then his chances exponentially increase. There are jobs, it all depends on the candidate what he has to offer.

2. It is possible to be issued a permit in Nigeria. There are pre-established rules applicants must meet before they can be issued a residence permit. Embassies only issue a permit if there is a need for it. The need could be that you have successfully secured a job and the company is willing to sponsor you, that you have already secured an admission or you are a family of a person domiciled in Belgium. Getting a residence permit has nothing to do with ''easy''. If you meet the established requirements, you will get it.

3. Yes, they do. Although it is advisable to learn French/Dutch if one wants to integrate and navigate life efficiently.

You are welcome.

Thanks and God bless..He is a graduate,but wanna go do menial jobs,in there,are their any there?

Can he get one?even without speaking dutch or french?
Re: Life In Belgium by Ajakayekoke(m): 12:53pm On Sep 02, 2017
stacyadams:
..they speak french bro...he better learn french here first..

Thanks I told him that already,he said he saw most people speak english,he is just planning to get any hustling job...
Re: Life In Belgium by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2017
Ajakayekoke:

Thanks I told him that already,he said he saw most people speak english,he is just planning to get any hustling job...
in where, belgium? keep fooling yourself. If you no fit learn french, remain for your country oo

1 Like

Re: Life In Belgium by Ajakayekoke(m): 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2017
beardlessdude:
in where, belgium? keep fooling yourself. If you no fit learn french, remain for your country oo

Thanks,i'll let him know,maybe he's gonna start learning.he said he saw it online,that most people understand and speak english,in Brussels,Gent&brugge....
Re: Life In Belgium by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2017
Ajakayekoke:

Thanks,i'll let him know,maybe he's gonna start learning.he said he saw it online,that most people understand and speak english,in Brussels,Gent&brugge....
yeah.
Belgium has 3 official language. Dutch, french and german.
You can survive with english but try learn french or dutch
Re: Life In Belgium by Ajakayekoke(m): 7:06pm On Sep 02, 2017
beardlessdude:
yeah.
Belgium has 3 official language. Dutch, french and german.
You can survive with english but try learn french or dutch

Thanks,the first encouraging comment,i'll let him know that,he have been sad,since I told him,people don't speak english there&he can only communicate in french and other 2languages...He wanna start work&learn on the other side,he thought he wouldn't get a Menial job,without speaking french or dutch.
Re: Life In Belgium by Mph6: 10:58pm On Sep 02, 2017
In Belgium they speak French and Dutch. Some parts speak German as well.
Re: Life In Belgium by Vatod(m): 9:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
beardlessdude:
are you in Belgium?

(1) (Reply)

Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa / Christmas: 201 FRSC Mobile Courts To Begin Sitting Monday / 2015 Top 10 Longest Bridges In Africa With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.