Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Five (5) Proffesional Things You Should Know Before Starting An Online Forum - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Five (5) Proffesional Things You Should Know Before Starting An Online Forum (637 Views)

I Need Proffesional Computer Programmer / I Need Proffesional Website Developer / Proffesional Web Developer Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five (5) Proffesional Things You Should Know Before Starting An Online Forum by chatinent: 10:05am On Sep 02, 2017
Copyright 2017(c). [/b]All rights reserved. No part of this should be transmitted to an unknown source without prior consent and allowance by the author or acknowledgement. This post was written by [b]Richie of (Chatinent .).
All and sundry are longing to startup an online forum. Yes, it is a business living online and money source too, but, have you all it takes? How and what has made greater website owners suceed?
1. Thoughtland. This is the first stage of your journey. Think, think, what really are you focusing on? For instance, Chatinent is for advice. This part should be considered first. If you have decided, now think of naming your forum. Be short and precise in a way somebody will easily remember the name when you tell them.
2. Buy a domain name. In fact, this is where all seriousness lies. If you used a subdomain, it may seem unprofessional to your users and onlookers. Buy a domain name like .com, .com.ng, .net, .ng, .org etc. By so doing everyone will surely know you have come to stay. Besides, search engines will top-rank you above sub--domains.
3. Choose a forum software. There exist many forum software to choose: SMF, PHPBB, MyBB, IPB among others. You may also use a free host that offer any of the host above. I will advise you don't use Forumotion, they delete forums as they like should you go against a rule, accidentally or not, without minding your content level, and you may never recover it back! There are very few trustworthy free forum host. Some don't even offer database backup so you will never have to leave. The only free host I can suggest is JFH (Jcink Forum Hosting). Mind you, JFH has premium packages you could upgrade to, however, you can always choose to remain free for life.
4. Setting your forum with charisma. Set up your forum, create boards, section. Take your time to set it first. Every kid could do this part!

- Stop trying to make your site a clone of another. Yes, never heard this before? Do wonder, why will people relax on your site when they know you are trying to be another which they know already? Dear dear, make your site special so others will want to copy its style.
- You cannot start making money initially so stop using deceptive means to bring users. What would you gain to get them and they never return? In place, offer sth. Place moderator jobs with salaries. You must spend to gain here.
- Don't always post copied contents. My dear, stop seeking big contents. Your content count doesn't matter. What matter is what each contains.
- Nobody cares you want to make money. Yes, nobody cares! Unfortunately, you are the only one caring. So, start caring about what your members and viewers care about, not what you think or care. You may say: 'I care about my members' .., my dear, you lie, you only care about how you could make quick money. It doesn't happen that way. Work first, with time you will grow naturally and money starts flooding like forever.
- Create social platforms like pages and groups on social networks about your page and always share your contents to them.

- I didn't say 'submit site to search engines' right? It doesn't matter these days. To search engines will always fetch you by contents.

5. Update! Update yourself! Update your members! Update your forum! Update your online earth!
Origin: http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?act=ST&f=43&t=322&st=0#entry578
Re: Five (5) Proffesional Things You Should Know Before Starting An Online Forum by chatinent: 10:08am On Sep 02, 2017
mynd44, seun, lalasticlala
Re: Five (5) Proffesional Things You Should Know Before Starting An Online Forum by chatinent: 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2017
Thanks for reading.
Re: Five (5) Proffesional Things You Should Know Before Starting An Online Forum by chatinent: 10:51am On Sep 05, 2017
Views are welcomed.
Re: Five (5) Proffesional Things You Should Know Before Starting An Online Forum by chatinent: 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2017
mynd44, lalasticlala, adewasco2k, Slyr0x

(1) (Reply)

Bloggers Come In My Site Cannot Be Reached On Pc And Mobile Devices / 800,000 Nigeria Business Addresses For Yellow Pages / Who Has Adiva Ecommerce Theme?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.