Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Jesus Is A Soul Winner!!! (how He Won My Soul) A Living Testimony. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is A Soul Winner!!! (how He Won My Soul) A Living Testimony. (504 Views)

Characteristics Of A Soul Winner / The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup / "I Am Thinking Of Selling My Soul To The Devil" - Nigerian Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Is A Soul Winner!!! (how He Won My Soul) A Living Testimony. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2017
Let me make this clear that we are not the only soul winners ( like I ludicrously and ignorantly thought ), Jesus is also!

I couldn't share this testimony here on NL due to some certain reasons known to me, like time and other factors. I'm going to give a brief testimony of how I got saved and how it all happened. [ Backbiters, you'd better back off me thread ] I pray the Holy Spirit touches your heart so you get overwhelmed and have an heartfelt reading!

I was in total bondage and captivity when Jesus set me free! My life became chaotic and bizzare. Before I willed to be born again and be a devoted Christian, I lived my life meaninglessly. I loved drinking hard and became a drunkard (what I had always loathed and felt disgusted with), I wanted to do what others did , I attatched my self to the pride of this life and many other bad things I did and became.

. . . One monday morning (27 February 2017), my parents called me and started talking to me in an *advisive* manner. Any time they'd finish with one or other statements made, they'd say "I pray God 'll deliver you" or words pertaining to that and I'd reply with Amen ( since I pitied my life's condition). While they were talking, I felt everywhere around me spinning and at the same time I started feeling unsual and uneasy, so I stood up and walked into my room. I then laid myself on my bed with my earphone on and was busy listening to secular (wordly) music. I was actually listening to John Legend's "Love me now" when I suddenly felt something really come upon me. I didn't know exactly what happened, but I knew I was overcome by what I couldn't really discern.

While I was busy enjoying and having pleasure in the lyrics and song I was listening to (in which I now hate), the following verse of this John Legend's song came To turn darkness into light , To turn evil to good and I felt irritated, astonished and alarmed! I was moved to pick my Bible (in which I had newly bought) and I mysteriously started reading Genesis1:1-5:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness
was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God
moved upon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God
divided the light from the darkness.
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called
Night. And the evening and the morning were the first
day.

I never loved or had the time to read my Bible except from when I 'some of the times' do morning devotions with my family. Strange right? While reading this Genesis1:1-5, the way I felt wasn't normal, I literally felt drunk or something. I can't explain the way I felt with words, but I can say my eyes became very blurry and dizzy, I had a weak body, my senses were not totally with me, my body was so shaky, and finally, I felt I was being controlled or something. It's a capitalized AMAZING and DIVINE experience.

WAIT!! I'm not through. . . what amazes me the most, I haven't written yet!

While I was reading it with my dizzy and blurry sight, weak body and shaky hands, I was at the same time going through it to decipher the written content (the Word of God). I was trying to decipher how God separated darkness from light. Then suddenly, I stood up! I started pacing here and there and felt as though I was talking to my self ( I cannot recollect all this ). When this happened, being partly concious, I walked to our toilet and mysteriously raised my head upward and felt a very strong and tasteful anointing leave me from my chest up to my throat and then from my mouth and then just 'invisibly' went into the air. [Our God is a mystery God --- He works in ways we cannot see]

With my dizzy and blurry sight, weak body and shaky hands, I felt something control me and walked me from my toilet to the passage and I held the wall since I realized I was going to fall and faint. I felt I was going to die and my breathe became weak. While I held the wall, I stared at a wallpaper that had the image of Jesus on it (the image of His birth, crucifixtion, death and ressurection). The wallpaper also contained the Salvation verse/word of Romans10:9:
That if you confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him
from the dead, you shall be saved.

While I was staring at this wallpaper, my condition became worse, my weak blurry sight became more blurry and my hands felt so shaky. Then. . . I heard a kind of voice saying those words and I also started uttering the same words in my mind, because I couldn't speak. It was as though. . . If I didn't read those words, I'll pass out and die!! With breathe almost gone, I never bothered to utter the last word of that verse, I just fell down to the floor! And there was nobody to aid me. Nobody!!

Much seconds later, I stood up with a itsy-bitsy blurry eyes, and regaining my strength, and then went to meet my mum and fell to her laps weeping and shedding tears embarassed undecided . My mum had to call my dad from work and he rushed back home. They switched on the television to Emmanuel tv. And then, the prophet was actually praying and my parents told me to stretch my hands on the TV and say 'Amen' as he prayed.

Brothers and sisters, I don't want to go further, but I can tell you that after my salvation, wicked and evil spirits would come to torment me with confusion here and there. They gave me a terrible nightmare which I won't add here. But through Jesus Christ I overcame! And atleast, now, I live peacefully without being tortured with confusion.

Are you a drunkard? Bring that to a halt!! You never did know all what bad I had done and gone through because I started drinking. While I would want to get drunk (the first time), I noticed that I wasn't myself, and now, I later got to understand that; by BEING DRUNK IS OPENING DOORS FOR EVIL SPIRITS TO HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR LIFE and CONTROLLING YOUR LIFE!!

Are you spending your time listening to wordly music Bring that to a halt!! Most wordly music lyrics were written by drunkards, in which evil spirits would access their life and make them write unmeaningful, demonic, profane and vulgar lyrics.

[ This is just 55% or 2/5 of what had happened and my testimony to show you what God has done in moi life smiley ] what's yours?

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Is A Soul Winner!!! (how He Won My Soul) A Living Testimony. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2017
BRB
Re: Jesus Is A Soul Winner!!! (how He Won My Soul) A Living Testimony. by 701ecilana: 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2017
May the name of the Lord be praised.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is A Soul Winner!!! (how He Won My Soul) A Living Testimony. by obinna58(m): 4:41pm On Sep 02, 2017
Good for you at least God was being mysterious with you grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is A Soul Winner!!! (how He Won My Soul) A Living Testimony. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2017
obinna58:
Good for you at least God was being mysterious with you grin

LoL.
Re: Jesus Is A Soul Winner!!! (how He Won My Soul) A Living Testimony. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 02, 2017
My other testimony was how God had saved me from death in dreams during my evil days of unrepentancy! I could've been dead by now but God's grace and love kept me. I don't know where I could've been if not for my LIVING GOD who never sleeps and slumbers! Thank God I'm a living witness to what God has done in my life and this proves to me that we have an Almighty Ancient of Days who exist!! Atheist! God exist.

This is why I'd never be ashamed to tell of the wonders of God. Wetin concern me with God if He had not done all this for me? As for me, I'll live to worship my living God forever and ever because of what He has done. Moreover, I even have a divine convenant with Him grin ! Thanks you Jesus!

Fellow devoted Christian brothers and sisters. . . see you at the wedding supper of the Lamb! ( By God's grace smiley ).

I accept Jesus' Lorship over my vague life!

Jesus is Lord!!

Psalms103:1-6:

Psalm 103 King James Version (KJV)
Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me,
bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his
benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy
diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth
thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy
youth is renewed like the eagle's.
The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all
that are oppressed.

Psalms103:8-17:

The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and
plenteous in mercy.
He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger
for ever.
He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded
us according to our iniquities.
For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is
his mercy toward them that fear him.
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he
removed our transgressions from us.
Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth
them that fear him.
For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we
are dust.
As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the
field, so he flourisheth.
For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the
place thereof shall know it no more.
But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to
everlasting upon them that fear him, and his
righteousness unto children's children;
To such as keep his covenant, and to those that
remember his commandments to do them.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is A Soul Winner!!! (how He Won My Soul) A Living Testimony. by Horlami3370: 7:47pm On Sep 02, 2017
Ok
Re: Jesus Is A Soul Winner!!! (how He Won My Soul) A Living Testimony. by Agimor(m): 8:09pm On Sep 02, 2017
An encounter with the person of Jesus Christ will change ones life forever. Thank God for his transformation in your life.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Vericore Technologies Promotes Back To School With Donation To Daystar Christian / Life Is A Game Of Sowing And Reaping / How To make money from Your Social Media Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.