Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Christianity And Judaism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity And Judaism (337 Views)

Why Judaism Has More In Common With Islam Than Christianity / Ijebu, The Yoruba & Their Influence On The Bible & Judaism- Reno Omokri / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christianity And Judaism by Herodutus(m): 10:39am On Sep 03, 2017
Please my people am confused.what is the fate of the Jews (judaist )?
During the old testament, God was relating with the isrealites through that isreali religion called Judaism .later ,jesus Christ came and then we have christians .my question is ,did God then turned his back on that judaism practice and then focused on christians .
Should the Jews abandonE their jewish religion and become christians ,or should the remain Jews .
I can't really express my self well.what is the fate of this Judaism stuff .
Just a confused nairaland[color=#000000][/color]er
Re: Christianity And Judaism by Kobojunkie: 12:57am On Feb 28
Herodutus:
■ Please my people am confused.what is the fate of the Jews (judaist )? During the old testament, God was relating with the isrealites through that isreali religion called Judaism .
■ later ,jesus Christ came and then we have Christians .
■ my question is ,did God then turned his back on that judaism practice and then focused on Christians . Should the Jews abandonE their jewish religion and become christians ,or should the remain Jews . I can't really express my self well.what is the fate of this Judaism stuff .
Just a confused nairalander
1. God never related to the Israelites through Judaism. Judaism is instead a Babylonian import, a religion that the people of Judah set up in response to living for about 70 years under Nebuchadnezzar's politically driven religious system. Long before the captivity and eventual exile of the people of Judaism in Babylon, the God of Israel warned the people against such ideas declaring that it was against Him. But the people ignored Him as they had done many times before and set themselves up as authorities and administrators over God and the things of God anyways, leading to Him disavowing all the former shepherds in the Land of Judah(and Israel) - Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 31 undecided

2. Christianity, a religion modeled after the example that is Judaism, meaning it is equally not of the God of Israel. Jesus Christ condemned the acts of the religious leaders of His time, along with their doctrines and traditions which He declared were lies that were far away from God and His teachings. undecided

3. Your question is flawed since the God of Israel never accepted Religion meaning Judaism and Christianity are both removed from Him. Those who wish to worship the God of Israel through His Son Jesus Christ would not do so through any Religion but simply submit themselves to the mandate given directly by God Himself — This is my Son, Obey Him!

(1) (Reply)

The Omnipresent God. / LETTER TO Mbaka..no One Is Perfect / Six Steps For Biblical Decision-making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.