Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

15 Penalties Awarded!!! Its Offical, The #NPFL Is A Joke - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 15 Penalties Awarded!!! Its Offical, The #NPFL Is A Joke (944 Views)

NPFL Is Gradually Coming Back To His Loss Glory See The Crowd(photo) / Enyimba Are Champions Of The NPFL 2018/2019 Season / Plateau United Received For N50,000,000 For Winning The NPFL (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Penalties Awarded!!! Its Offical, The #NPFL Is A Joke by Raziii(m): 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2017
After watching Rangers vs Enyimba today, it's official that the #NPFL is a big joke. Infact, the P in #NPFL needs to go. There is nothing professional about the league.

How can a ref award such dubious penalty to Rangers.(have been looking for the clip to post here). P.S: Enyimba the away team were leading 1-nil with barely 3 minutes to go.

A record number of 15, yes 15! one and five penalties were awarded today, all to the home sides either chasing a game or desperately needing a win.

#disgraceful #shameful #embarrassing

2 Likes

Re: 15 Penalties Awarded!!! Its Offical, The #NPFL Is A Joke by lomprico(m): 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2017
Hehehehe! Na today?

Its easy to win 12 million in game betting than to get an away win in npfl.

1 Like

Re: 15 Penalties Awarded!!! Its Offical, The #NPFL Is A Joke by Raziii(m): 6:49pm On Sep 03, 2017
lomprico:
Hehehehe! Na today?

Its easy to win 12 million in game betting than to get an away win in npfl.
I swear. The match weak me!
Re: 15 Penalties Awarded!!! Its Offical, The #NPFL Is A Joke by Juliette05(f): 7:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
Don't you want the referee to go home with his head Intact? He is a referee, he wants to be neutral, tongue, both set of fans won't have the cause to be aggrieved

1 Like

Re: 15 Penalties Awarded!!! Its Offical, The #NPFL Is A Joke by UnknownT: 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
Confirmed on livescores.com , penalties were awarded in 8 out of the 10 matches played. 2 teams( Kaduna United and Rivers United) were awarded 2 penalties .

1 Like

Re: 15 Penalties Awarded!!! Its Offical, The #NPFL Is A Joke by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2017
Thank God I slept all day... I didn't waste my time going to watch the match
Re: 15 Penalties Awarded!!! Its Offical, The #NPFL Is A Joke by KevinDein: 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2017
Well observed @op. The penalty awarded to Enugu Rangers was an utter joke. Refereeing is the major issue in the npfl and a team must be really good and score at least two away goals to stand a chance of getting an away point (what plateau Utd usually do).

Funnily enough all the teams are used to the crappy officiating (you'll noticed the Enyimba players didn't complain when the dubious penalty was awarded to Rangers). In truth, no team has the right to complain as all of them enjoy bias officiating at home.
Re: 15 Penalties Awarded!!! Its Offical, The #NPFL Is A Joke by Raziii(m): 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2017
KevinDein:
Well observed @op. The penalty awarded to Enugu Rangers was an utter joke. Refereeing is the major issue in the npfl and a team must be really good and score at least two away goals to stand a chance of getting an away point (what plateau Utd usually do).

Funnily enough all the teams are used to the crappy officiating (you'll noticed the Enyimba players didn't complain when the dubious penalty was awarded to Rangers). In truth, no team has the right to complain as all of them enjoy bias officiating at home.

I noticed that too. Refereeing is the major problem. I can't remember the teams but 2 or 3 weeks ago, a ref ended a match just as the away team was about scoring. How can one explain that?
Re: 15 Penalties Awarded!!! Its Offical, The #NPFL Is A Joke by smogup: 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2017
The referees awards those penalties to stay alive. What do you think will happen to the referee if an home team looses with just two police men as security in the stadium. I wouldn't blame the refs until there are adequate security at match venues with live broadcast of all the matches. If all these are in place, then you will see the best of Nigerian referees I assure you

(1) (Reply)

How The Igbos Used Football To Rule Africa After The Civil War – Segun Odegbami / Arias Vs Jacobs Live / Anthony Joshua Boxes On The Top Of Dubai’s Tallest Hotel (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.