Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students (6095 Views)

Fully Funded Scholarships In UK For International Students / Fully Funded Scholarships In USA At Harvard State University, 2018. APPLY NOW / Apply For Fully Funded Scholarships To Canada 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by IbnIbrahim: 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
Scholarship Description
The Korean Government through the National Institute for International Education (NIIED) offers the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for Postgraduate students.

The scholarship is aimed to provide international students with an opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea, to develop global leaders and strengthen Korea-friendly networks worldwide.

The Government of Korea invites all international students who wish to pursue a master's or doctoral degree in Korea to apply for the Korean Government Scholarships (graduate program). Graduate applications to study in Korea start February 2018.

Eligibility
To qualify for this scholarship:
The applicant and his/her parents must hold foreign citizenships. Note: Applicants who hold Korean citizenship are NOT permitted to apply for this program.
Applicants must be under 40 years of age in the year of selection.
Applicants must hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree as of September 1st of the selection year. Note: Applicants who have enrolled in or graduated from a university in Korea are NOT eligible for the KGSP program. Specifically, applicants who have previously enrolled in or graduated from an undergraduate program, a master's program, or a doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
Academic achievement of applicants must meet one of these:
maintain a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4.3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, or;
grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previously attended institution.
If the applicant does not satisfy the above requirements, he/she will be ineligible to apply to this program.
Eligible groups
Citizens of more than 100 countries (EXCEPT Korea)

Participating Institution(s)
All accredited universities and higher institutions as designated by NIIED
(Search Korean Universities, Or see Certified Schools)

Fields of study
Approved Master’s or Doctoral courses offered by participating institutions. Further details are available on the NIIED website or the university information section of the GKS website (link to it is below).

Specialized or professional graduate school programs such as law or medical school program, GSIS program, etc. are also eligible on the condition that the university covers all tuition over the initial 5 million won(KRW)/semester. Night schools, seasonal programs, broadcasting schools, and cyber-schools (including online distant learning programs) are NOT eligible for application.

Number of awards
Total number of grantees for graduate programs will be about 700

Sponsorship duration
For Master’s, it's 1 year of Korean language + 2 years of Master’s study; while for Doctoral, it's 1 year of Korean language + 3 year of Doctoral study.

After the Korean language course, the scholarship period of degree course (2 years of master’s or 3 years of doctoral) cannot be extended beyond the designated duration. In the case that a scholar possesses a TOPIK Level that is higher than 5, he or she is exempted from the Korean language course; the exempted period will be deducted from the total scholarship period (2 years for master’s or 3 years for doctoral).

Scholarship benefits
Scholarship include Airfare (round-trip economy class ticket), Monthly Allowance, Research Allowance, Settlement (i.e. Relocation) Allowance (200,000 KRW upon arrival), Language Training Fee, FULL Tuition, Dissertation Printing Costs, Medical Insurance (limited coverage), and Korean Proficiency Grants. See official website for complete information of benefits.

Method of Application
Applicants can only apply for the scholarships through the Korean Embassy in their home country or a participating Korean University (i.e. 1st Selection Institutions). To apply for this program, you should contact one of the 1st Selection Institutions (90 Overseas Korean Embassies or designated Domestic Universities) and submit the application no later than the designated deadline. These institutions then recommend applicants to NIIED (the 2nd selection Institution).

See websites of Korean Embassy/Consulate in your own country. The guideline, application form, and university information will be available at the website of GKS, Korean Embassies, and designated domestic universities.

DEADLINES:
The deadline for the recommendation of applications by 1st Selection Institutions to NIIED for Graduate Program is March - April of the year of study commencement. The deadline for applicants' submission to 1st Selection Institutions is much earlier and will vary per country depending on the deadline set forth by the Korean Embassy (Consulate) in the country of origin or the universities in Korea.

For 2018/2019 session, the Korean Embassies or Consulates, and participating Universities, expect applications between February - March 2018, and recommend qualified candidates to NIIED by March - April 2018. Be sure to apply before this period. Applications start February 2018.

PLEASE NOTE:
As for detailed information on application deadlines and submission of required documents, applicants should contact the APPROPRIATE KOREAN EMBASSY or CONSULATE in the country of applicant’s origin (or in the neighbouring country), the 1st selection organization.

If the respective 1st Selection Institutions do not submit their candidates’ documents to NIIED on time, they will be excluded from the examination of NIIED Selection Committee, and their quotas will be substituted by the other 1st Institutions’ reserve candidates.

Applicants must obtain an admission from a University before entry into Korea. Applicants recommended by a Korean Embassy (Consulate) or overseas Korean adoptees must apply and gain admission into 1 of 3 of the designated universities. Applicants recommended by a university in Korea should enter the same university.

Application Deadline: February - March 2018
Open to International Applicants: Yes

Link: http://www.hotproforum.com/topic451.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by mayadellish(f): 4:34pm On Sep 07, 2017
hello. please i want to know exactly what high school transcript is as i am confused. and secondly, concerning the original and photocopied documents,how can it be done if thats the only original document you have [as of course there is only meant to be one original document]. please do help me out with this. thank you.. smiley smiley
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by IbnIbrahim: 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2017
mayadellish:
hello. please i want to know exactly what high school transcript is as i am confused. and secondly, concerning the original and photocopied documents,how can it be done if thats the only original document you have [as of course there is only meant to be one original document]. please do help me out with this. thank you.. smiley smiley

High School Transcript: your o level Waec or neco result.

The photocopies of the original documents will be certified in a court of law or by the issuing institution; of course, you are not expected to forward your original documents. I hope this explanation will be useful.

1 Like

Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by mayadellish(f): 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2017
IbnIbrahim:

The photocopies of the original documents will be certified in a court of law or by the issuing institution; of course, you are not expected to forward your original documents. I hope this explanation will be useful.
thank you so much.... I appreciate... wink smiley

1 Like

Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by IbnIbrahim: 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2017
mayadellish:
thank you so much.... I appreciate... wink smiley

You are welcome
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:01pm On Sep 11, 2017
mayadellish:
I think High school transcript is a breakdown of all your high school results from Junior class to SS 3.
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2017
Please how do I apply for the scholarship please?
I really need this scholarship to leave the country
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by mayadellish(f): 9:42pm On Sep 11, 2017
IbnIbrahim:

uh... M sorry to bother again... But if Wot i read was correct U wia talking about the photocopies.... FOR THE course or school to certify it is a true copy of the original.... So In this case, how am I going to go about the actual ORIGINAL copy since I can't give out the only one I have... Like My Waec result and grad cert..

Fnkz for ur reply
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by IbnIbrahim: 10:26pm On Sep 11, 2017
mayadellish:
uh... M sorry to bother again... But if Wot i read was correct U wia talking about the photocopies.... FOR THE course or school to certify it is a true copy of the original.... So In this case, how am I going to go about the actual ORIGINAL copy since I can't give out the only one I have... Like My Waec result and grad cert..

Fnkz for ur reply
It's simple before the photocopies can be certified to be a true copy of the original, you have to present the original copy for confirmation. The original will always be yours. I have done this before, it's a lot easier than you imagine. In fact, I would advice you have about five certified copies in case you might need it for other application

1 Like

Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by IbnIbrahim: 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2017
akujobi2641:
Please how do I apply for the scholarship please?
I really need this scholarship to leave the country
Read through the post and follow the steps outlined
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by mayadellish(f): 11:12am On Sep 12, 2017
IbnIbrahim:

It's simple before the photocopies can be certified to be a true copy of the original, you have to present the original copy for confirmation. The original will always be yours. I have done this before, it's a lot easier than you imagine. In fact, I would advice you have about five certified copies in case you might need it for other application
ok.. Thank you so much
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by mayadellish(f): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2017
IbnIbrahim:

please concerning the recommendation letter, is it to be written inside the form 5 and the form 5 sealed or is the form to be completed separately and the rec letter written separately and sealed.
And secondly is the recommendation letter by the recommender supposed to be typed or written with pen..
[sorry I have soo many questions]
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by mayadellish(f): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2017
IbnIbrahim:

please concerning the recommendation letter, is it to be written inside the form 5 and the form 5 sealed or is the form to be completed separately and the receipt letter written separately and sealed.
And secondly is the recommendation letter by the recommender supposed to be typed or written with pen..
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by abimcdssi: 3:38pm On Sep 12, 2017
mayadellish:
please concerning the recommendation letter, is it to be written inside the form 5 and the form 5 sealed or is the form to be completed separately and the receipt letter written separately and sealed.
Is the application on already?
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by mayadellish(f): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2017
abimcdssi:

Is the application on already?
yes it is
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by IbnIbrahim: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2017
mayadellish:
I would advise you follow the step as outlined on the scholarship site.

The letter should typed and signed
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by pabu(m): 8:14am On Sep 13, 2017
my question is, since in Nigeria we operate on 5.0 CGPA scale, from what CGPA range is eligible to apply? I have a CGPA of 3.31 and would want to know if I am eligible to apply before proceeding to there embassy. Thanks
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by IbnIbrahim: 6:04pm On Sep 13, 2017
pabu:
my question is, since in Nigeria we operate on 5.0 CGPA scale, from what CGPA range is eligible to apply? I have a CGPA of 3.31 and would want to know if I am eligible to apply before proceeding to there embassy. Thanks

You can convert it here to 4.0 scale: https://y.byu.edu/ces/html/gpaCalc.html
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by Nobody: 4:13am On Sep 15, 2017
mayadellish:
yes it is
I've sent you a mail
please respond
thanks
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by hugochuks60(m): 12:01am On Sep 20, 2017
pls I really need help on this scholarship, I want to go in for n msc program n I need d scholarship link to where I can apply n I also need a list of things required as per documents n other information. I also need information on how to contact the Korean embassy in Nigeria. thanks for ur assistance.
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by Chydobe: 10:23pm On Sep 20, 2017
Fully funded scholarships are being offered to international students by the Daegu Gyeongbuk institute of science and technology. The scholarship will be awarded to candidates who are willing to pursue postgraduate programmes (Masters and PdD) in Korea. The Daegu Gyeongbuk Institue of Science and Technology (DGIST) is a research untitute established by the Korean Government to promote National Science and Technology.

Click on link below to apply for scholarships

http://www.newzified.com/apply-for-fully-funded-scholarships-study-100-free-in-korea-application-form/
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by kingthreat(m): 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
Make Kim Jug Un no catch una
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by lunacol(m): 5:32am On Oct 10, 2017
IbnIbrahim:

I would advise you follow the step as outlined on the scholarship site.

The letter should typed and signed
Which school would you recommend for a doctorate degree in management science,the university I am seeing there are only Sookmynug women's university which looks like a gender based(women) university based on its name unless they offer their programs for both genders,they offer most of my courses of interest most especially International Management and Strategy and Seoul National University of Science and Technology which offers only Engineering and Science related courses.
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by Tunedian: 3:17pm On Mar 05, 2018
Please have been trying to call the embassy to know the deadline for submission. Please does anyone know deadline for submission for Nigeria.
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by Mofiyinfoluwa11: 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2020
IbnIbrahim:

Hello IbnIbrahim, Can I get the photocopies of my certificates certified in a court? and is it necessary for the proof of citizenship as well?
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by IbnIbrahim: 3:15am On Sep 23, 2020
Mofiyinfoluwa11:

Hello IbnIbrahim, Can I get the photocopies of my certificates certified in a court? and is it necessary for the proof of citizenship as well?
yes you can. If your country of destination requires it
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by Mofiyinfoluwa11: 5:44am On Sep 23, 2020
IbnIbrahim:
yes you can. If your country of destination requires it

When you applied did you put all your results from SS1 and SS2 or just waec result?

I have prepared everything else it's just this remaining and I live in Lagos Nigeria
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by Feyin123: 11:29am On Sep 24, 2020
Mofiyinfoluwa11:

you can use international passport or permanent voters card
Re: Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students by vinose(m): 6:05pm On Jan 29, 2022
Please someone should help to provide this Global Korea scholarship link/ website . Where one can get all the needed documents. Please help.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Marine/lasmarines / DISCLAIMER: DSS Is Not Recruiting, Warns Public Against Scammers / How Long Does It Take Get Feedback After Interviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.