Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Scholarships Opportunity At Oxford University For Nigeria And Ghana Citizens - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Scholarships Opportunity At Oxford University For Nigeria And Ghana Citizens (1133 Views)

Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University / Joshua Beckford, Oxford University Youngest Student, Admitted At 6, Graduated 14 / Hadiza Balarabe Receives Joshua Beckford, Oxford University Graduate At 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scholarships Opportunity At Oxford University For Nigeria And Ghana Citizens by win2kwire: 9:21am On Sep 05, 2017
http://aigscholarships.org/

Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2018 - 2019

Who can apply for the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships for a Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG) at the University of Oxford?

The scholarships are for Nigerian and Ghanaian citizens aged between 25 and 35, who have a first-class or a strong second-class upper degree.

And the Fellowships? Who can apply?

The Fellowship is for senior officials who work in the public sector in Nigeria or Ghana and have a record of exceptional public service.

I will graduate in a few months with a first-class (distinction) degree, or at least with a strong second-class upper degree. Can I still apply?

You may apply so long as your transcripts will be ready by the end of November and you are shortlisted for the second round. If you haven’t graduated and your academic transcripts are not ready before the deadline date of this year’s scholarships, you will have to wait for the next round (2018-2019) to apply.

I graduated from a polytechnic with a distinction/strong upper credit. Can I apply for a scholarship? How much work experience do I need before I can apply?

There is no set level of work experience required of applicants. Where you graduated from or your particular discipline is not important, as AIG will assess everyone across three criteria: academic excellence, commitment to public service, and leadership ability. You should have achieved an academic standing that is sufficiently advanced to ensure admission to the University of Oxford and the MPP programme. BSG want its MPP students to be able to learn from each other as much as from the faculty, so maintaining a diversity of experiences and backgrounds is vital. MPP students come from a wide range of professional backgrounds, such as engineering, medicine, education, and journalism.

Do I need to apply separately to the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG) at the University of Oxford? Will I pay to apply to the AIG?

Yes, you would need to apply separately to BSG.

There is no fee for an AIG scholarship application.

Are there other fields or disciplines other than a Master of Public Policy to which I can apply?

No.

What is expected of me in return for an AIG scholarship? What if I lose interest in public service after my studies?

You will be required to apply your knowledge to contribute to the transformation of the public sector.

You are encouraged to think carefully before applying, as you will have to sign a Bond upon return to Nigeria or Ghana, as applicable, and work in the public sector for at least five years.

Hence, you should be passionate about making an impact on the public sector and be ready to work in the public sector.

Are there criteria that I have to meet before I can be considered for a scholarship?

The selection process for the AIG Scholarship is merit-based and competitive, and only the best will be selected based on:

Academic and analytical excellence

Strong commitment to public service
Exceptional leadership qualities
Impeccable moral character

If your application is satisfactory, you may be shortlisted for the second round, which has further requirements.

Can I apply if I have a strong interest in public affairs and governance in general, but I am not eligible/willing to apply for a Master of Public Policy specifically?

You can only apply and study for a Master of Public Policy.

The eligibility and requirements to study for a Master of Public Policy in Blavatnik School of Government at the University of Oxford are of a similar standard required to apply for the AIG Scholarships.

I meet every requirement, but I am not yet 25 years old (or older than 35). Can an exception be made for me?

Unfortunately, no. The AIG has determined that the age range specified is best suited for the pursuit of an MPP.

Who will bear the cost of living in Oxford during the period of study?

The AIG will bear the cost of fully-funded scholarships, covering tuition fee and living expenses.

Do I need to submit an English Language test?

The University of Oxford requires an IELTS or a TOEFL result to show English language proficiency. Results will be verified directly with the test provider. Your test should have been taken no more than two years before the start date of your course.

You do not need to submit an English language proficiency test result at the same time as your application if you have not yet taken a test or received your results.

Can I apply for the fellowship if I graduated from the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG) on my own before now?

You may apply whether or not you graduated from the Blavatnik School of Government, as long as you meet the criteria for the fellowship.

Can I produce references from an institution I didn’t graduate from?

You will only be asked for references if you are shortlisted for Round Two of the selection process.

If you are shortlisted, two of your four references should be individuals you studied under while at university. Referees must be able to attest to your intelligence and character, including academic, personal, extracurricular and leadership achievements.

Any other relevant information?

Kindly read through the application requirements on the website, as they contain information that you need to know before you proceed with your application.

For more questions that may not have been sufficiently answered with regard to an application to the BSG at the University of Oxford, please visit bsg.ox.ac.uk.
Re: Scholarships Opportunity At Oxford University For Nigeria And Ghana Citizens by THUNDAR(m): 9:25am On Sep 05, 2017
I like scholarships
Re: Scholarships Opportunity At Oxford University For Nigeria And Ghana Citizens by Babsmike(m): 9:31am On Sep 05, 2017
Nice one.... wink wink
Re: Scholarships Opportunity At Oxford University For Nigeria And Ghana Citizens by Gypee120: 7:24am On Oct 19, 2017
Good day all...pls av bin shortlisted for the aptitude test dis saturday 21th oct... those dat took the test last shuld pls share the format of the exam...pls help a broda

(1) (Reply)

Can A Second Class Upper Still Be Achieved? / In Nigeria Which Of These Universities Offers The Best In Computer Science. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.