Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land (2306 Views)

He Gave Birth To Albinos Because He Refused To Worship His Family's Deity / Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) / Woman Used By 5 Pastors For Miracles Traced, Reveals What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 06, 2017
Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To protect Their Land . The video is in Igbo but I'll do my best to present a summary of what he said in English. He said that he came across a statue or rather a memorial after an Igbo person named "Inka Uzoma." Out of curiosity and unable to get any concrete answers from the locals, he went to the meet the Bürgermeister (Mayor) of the city to ask him what an Igbo memorial was doing in a German city.

The mayor took out his time to come down to the location, to show him around the memorial of "Inka Uzoma." The mayor told him that "Inka Uzoma" is actually a very powerful Igbo deity taken from Igboland over 1000 yrs ago by Germans. That the deity has been at the city since then. That, this deity protects the town from misfortunes, harm and brings them goodwill. Now, this guy was shocked beyond belief because not only is this deity name Igbo but also knows that this is the religion and tradition of Igbos, as he narrates " they white men brought us Christianity, yet took our religion and tradition, and still practice it." The Mayor also showed him a deity house also built for this "Inka Uzoma" where people come to pay home homage and respect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs2JNo0F-GQ

Re: Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by YourImaginaryBF: 8:08am On Sep 06, 2017
Dumb people.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 06, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
Dumb people.

Pls Seun, Lalasticala, Mod, ban this guy from Nairaland as I presented concrete evidence.
Re: Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by lalanice(f): 8:12am On Sep 06, 2017
biafranation:

Pls Seun, Lalasticala, Mod, ban this guy from Nairaland as I presented concrete evidence.
cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by YourImaginaryBF: 8:14am On Sep 06, 2017
Re: Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by YourImaginaryBF: 8:16am On Sep 06, 2017
biafranation:

Brouhaha

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by HiddenShadow: 8:18am On Sep 06, 2017
But the first visit to Igboland by the white is between 1400-1500AD

If you say about 1000years ago then you are saying the Germans got to Igboland around 1000-1200AD before the Portuguese who came to Benin around the 1450s

Something is not adding up because the Portuguese Dutch and English came to Igboland before the Germans.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 06, 2017
When Nnamdi kanu tell them that until we go back to our old tradition, Igbos will continue to suffer. These deities are angry with Igbos. Our forefathers were not stupid to be worshipping these things AS THESE DEITIES WORKED PERFECTLY FOR THEM. Nnamdi Kanu few days ago talked Deity Arochukwu who has history of protecting Igbo people. You see the ame deity in the palace of ERI, the progenitor of the Igbo people in Eri Anambra state.
Re: Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by kn23h(m): 8:20am On Sep 06, 2017
HiddenShadow:

If you say about 1000years ago then you are saying the Germans got to Igboland before the Portuguese who came to Benin around the 1450s

Something is not adding up because the Portuguese Dutch and English came to Igboland before the Germans.

Ibos are found of fabricating lies.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by HiddenShadow: 8:22am On Sep 06, 2017
kn23h:

Ibos are found of fabricating lies.

I am Igbo so shut up your mouth

If Igbos love fabricating lies why then do you want to share the same country with us

Aren't you guys hopeless

You call Igbos evil but cry when Igbos clamor for a separate country call Biafra

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 06, 2017
HiddenShadow:

If you say about 1000years ago then you are saying the Germans got to Igboland around 1000-1200AD before the Portuguese who came to Benin around the 1450s

Good point you raised as I also wondered about that, perhaps the mayor didn't explain well or he didn't convey it well, or I didn't translate it well enough. Whether it was brought by Germans or Portuguese, the fact is there is no way of being certain if all whites who came to Africa were all Portuguese. Also migration is a common human process, Caucasians you see in America, Canada and Australia today are not native to the land; the native people of the land are "Aboriginal Indians". So likewise, those who took it from Igboland may not have been Germans at the time living in the town but as migration happened, new sets of people inhabited the land. It could very much been non whites who took it there. There is history and artifacts of Africans sailing to America and Europe in the beginning of the new era; the year of our lord. Your point is well taken!
Re: Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by kn23h(m): 8:29am On Sep 06, 2017
HiddenShadow:

I am Igbo so shut up your mouth

If Igbos love fabricating lies why then do you want to share the same country with us

Aren't you guys hopeless

You call Igbos evil but cry when Igbos clamor for a separate country call Biafra

I don't want to live with Ibos. Another one of your fabricated lies.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by kn23h(m): 8:31am On Sep 06, 2017
biafranation:

Good point you raised as I also wondered about that, perhaps the mayor didn't explain well or he didn't convey it well, or I didn't translate it well enough. Whether it was brought by Germans or Portuguese, the fact is there is no way of being certain if all whites who came to Africa were all Portuguese. Also migration is a common human process, Caucasians you see in America, Canada and Australia today are not native to the land; the native people of the land are "Aboriginal Indians". So likewise, those who took it from Igboland may not have been Germans at the time living in the town but as migration happened, new sets of people inhabited the land. It could very much been non whites who took it. There are history and artifacts of Africans sailing to America and Europe in the beginning of the new era; the year of our lord. Your point is well taken!

Ibos and lies shaaaaa ah ahnn

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 06, 2017
kn23h:

Ibos and lies shaaaaa ah ahnn

Afonja...read and you will learn. Stop envying!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by kn23h(m): 8:35am On Sep 06, 2017
biafranation:

Afonja...read and you will learn. Stop envying!

Laaal didn't a fellow flat head just pointed out your lies? grin
Re: Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by Nutase: 9:08am On Sep 06, 2017
grin
Re: Igbo Deity Taken From Igboland Used By A Town In Germany To Protect Their Land by devindevin2000: 12:42am On Jan 28, 2018
grin

(1) (Reply)

Psychosis And Fantasy / THE END: And Then Shall All The Tribes Of The Earth Mourn / Photo: Church Collects Offering With POS Machines...lwkmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.