Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Biafra/ibo Agitation And The Marginalization Of Nigerians By The Ibo's (part 1) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Biafra/ibo Agitation And The Marginalization Of Nigerians By The Ibo's (part 1) (409 Views)

Ngige Absolves President Buahri Of Alleged Marginalization Of Ndigbo / 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi / Marginalization Ta The Highest Other. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biafra/ibo Agitation And The Marginalization Of Nigerians By The Ibo's (part 1) by Saintabdul(m): 9:38am On Sep 06, 2017
The Biafra/Ibo agitation for secession as a result of been marginalize, would not seize to amaze me. It sound funny and absurd when i hear or see a group of misguided individuals carry flags and placard asking for secession all in the name of marginalization. If anybody, ethnic or tribal group should be asking for secession it should not be the Ibo's. My reasons and thought might be different from yours, but i thinking the other ethnic groups in Nigerians are the ones suffering marginalization in the hands of the Ibo's.
Prior to the first military coup of January 1966 and its counter coup of the same year, the Ibo's have already establish themselves in various part of Nigeria, even in remote villages far north of the country. The Ibo's have dominated Trade, Commerce, Government parastatal and so many areas of human endeavour you could think of. The self impose domination by the Ibo tribe all over country gave rise to the popular acronym of I Before Others (I.B.O). The Ibo people have always place themselves first above every other tribe in Nigeria and a little shake from that norms would feel like a threat and these were the contributing factor to the first military coup that was champion in all facet by the Ibo's and brought Ibo to power again. i keep asking this question if the Nnamdi Azikiwe was made Prime Minister (with executive powers) and Sir Tafawa Balewa was Governor general would the resentment that trouble the post independence political scene ever arise? or if the 1963 census had favoured the Ibo's in terms of numbers and resource sharing would the need for a military coup ever arises. Because the Ibo's felt a little change from the norms where they had it all and fearing for a challenge to their selfish ego saw reason for a coup.
The Ibo led military coup of 1966, was the very undoing of the Ibo's which brought trouble into the political waters of Nigeria. The civil war of 1967-1970 that followed further created a deep gap between the Ibo's and other Tribes of Nigeria. Looking critically at the history of the Nigeria civil war, one could also see how the self impose ethnic supremacy of the Ibo's led to failure of the Biafra agenda. Ibo's wanted to control power which was not in their hands yet, betraying other co-Biafra tribes like the Edo's, Ijaw, Istekiri, Ibibio's, Efik's and other ethnic group within the Biafra geopolitical structure.
I am not against the Biafra agenda, what i am against is the denial of truth and self pity propaganda by the Biafra agitators.

1 Like

Re: Biafra/ibo Agitation And The Marginalization Of Nigerians By The Ibo's (part 1) by clarocuzioo(m): 10:49am On Sep 06, 2017
Chaiiii!! ! All these lies you people are sharing, there is Godooo, even lie Mohammed is complaining of the lies flying around in this nation.
First and foremost was that coup an Igbo coup?? Here's a list of the coup plotters
Now take a look at the list
1. Major Chukwuma Kaduna
Nzeogwu(Delta Igbo)
2. Major Adewale Ademoyega
(Yoruba) author of "Why we
struck"
3. Capt. G. Adeleke(Yoruba)
4. Maj. Ifeajuna(Igbo)
5. Lt. Fola Oyewole(Yoruba)
author of "The reluctant rebel"
6. Lt. R. Egbiko(Esean)
7. Lt. Tijani Katsina(Hausa/
Fulani) 8. Lt. O. Olafemiyan(Yoruba)
9. Capt. Gibson Jalo(Bali)
10. Capt. Swanton(Middle Belt)
11. Lt. Hope Harris Eghagha
(Urhobo)
12. Lt. Dag Warribor(Ijaw)
13. 2nd Lt. Saleh Dambo(Hausa)
14. 2nd Lt. John Atom Kpera
(Tiv).
The Igbos even till this present day have exhibited a high level of enterprenual prowess which is evident in there success all over the globe not just in Nigeria, even after their great losses during the civil war, please also it's insulting to say " it's a self imposed domination"", these people have been known to have a great level of ingenuity, they are hard working, committed, skillful, exceptional and strategic in their life endeavours, and the result is what we have seen today all over the globe not just Nigeria.
Also, I state it categorically and emphatically that the Igbo nation believes more in the project "one Nigeria" more than any other tribe in this country, they are the only tribe that trule embraced the 3R's (Reconciliation, Rehabilitation and Rebuilding) the reason you see Igbos scatter their investments all over the Nation, it's only an Igbo man will go to another man land, and build mansions, sometimes even construc roads ( as seen in the case of developers in Lagos), tell me which other tribe that has done that with ease and at the rate the Igbos have done, and are doing it.
What we are asking in this country is a level playing ground for all stakeholders, and not one region treating the other as conquered territory. Evidences abound of the marginalization of the Igbos, the latest being recent NNPC appointments and DSS recruitment, let there be fairness to all, equity and Justice as that's the only way peace and unity is guaranteed, enough said.

(1) (Reply)

Long Black Snake Killed Today At My Place Of Work / See A Nigeria Man That Was Given Marriage List What 1million Naira. Click To See / Prof. Pat Utomi To Assist EFCC In Anti-corruption Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.