Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Is Sales Of Furniture A Profitable Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Sales Of Furniture A Profitable Business? (1604 Views)

What Is Sales Enablement And Why Your Business Needs It? / What Is Sales Enablement And Why Your Business Needs It? / How To Start A Profitable Import Business Plus Fast Selling Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Sales Of Furniture A Profitable Business? by edoman2016: 11:30am On Sep 06, 2017
I will like to know if the sales of ready made furniture a profitable business to embark upon in Nigeria. I have a very good furniture maker that want to partner with me in the business. He will be making the furniture at his workshop and supply me at a discount price while I will be selling the furniture at showroom in a good location.

His furniture are very good, durable and attractive. He is very good in furniture making and he is not educated but he can read and write . He believes that as I am a graduate, I can market and sell more furniture in my showroom.

Do you guys think the business idea will work? Cause I am ready to start with 500,000 naira.

Moderator, help me push this topic to front page please for comments.
Re: Is Sales Of Furniture A Profitable Business? by edoman2016: 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2017
Don't just view. Make a comment.
Re: Is Sales Of Furniture A Profitable Business? by ugomnaanny: 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
Nice one. Everything depends on location and advert.
Re: Is Sales Of Furniture A Profitable Business? by edoman2016: 1:20pm On Sep 06, 2017
ugomnaanny:
Nice one. Everything depends on location and advert.
Can you suggest good location for the business in Lagos and how to advertise it?
Re: Is Sales Of Furniture A Profitable Business? by stankezzy: 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2017
better location will be in abuja , a lot of furniture makers in lagos already
Re: Is Sales Of Furniture A Profitable Business? by JODELL: 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2017
Instead of renting a store, why not built a website for custom built furniture, where you go to clients and get their other and your guy built the furniture according to the customer custom specification and your website at as your showroom and you can market to the whole Nigeria than marketing only to your store location, and spend the 30% of the cost of the store to built an online store and move around to market your products to prospective clients. If you needs further advice you can reach me on 08033761664. We are technology and management consulting firm.
Thanks
Re: Is Sales Of Furniture A Profitable Business? by edoman2016: 6:18pm On Sep 06, 2017
JODELL:
Instead of renting a store, why not built a website for custom built furniture, where you go to clients and get their other and your guy built the furniture according to the customer custom specification and your website at as your showroom and you can market to the whole Nigeria than marketing only to your store location, and spend the 30% of the cost of the store to built an online store and move around to market your products to prospective clients. If you needs further advice you can reach me on 08033761664. We are technology and management consulting firm.
Thanks
Having an online furniture store is a good idea. The problem is the awareness of the furniture website (traffic) by Nigerians. Or else the online furniture store will just be unpopular and redundant.
Re: Is Sales Of Furniture A Profitable Business? by edoman2016: 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
JODELL:
Thanks
Having an online furniture store is a good idea. The problem is the awareness of the furniture website (traffic) by Nigerians. Or else the online furniture store will just be unpopular and redundant.

Also, I have a doubt about creating online furniture store. I believe people will always prefer to buy their furniture from physical store. They want to see what they are paying for. Not all business can be done online. It's just a like a person trying to sell block or cement online. Nobody will buy it online.

1 Like

Re: Is Sales Of Furniture A Profitable Business? by LKO(m): 11:17am On May 22, 2018
edoman2016:
I will like to know if the sales of ready made furniture a profitable business to embark upon in Nigeria. I have a very good furniture maker that want to partner with me in the business. He will be making the furniture at his workshop and supply me at a discount price while I will be selling the furniture at showroom in a good location.

His furniture are very good, durable and attractive. He is very good in furniture making and he is not educated but he can read and write . He believes that as I am a graduate, I can market and sell more furniture in my showroom.

Do you guys think the business idea will work? Cause I am ready to start with 500,000 naira.

Moderator, help me push this topic to front page please for comments.

Oga, how far have you gone with this business? Help me with idea o.

1 Like

Re: Is Sales Of Furniture A Profitable Business? by Jimwalex(m): 2:27pm On May 22, 2018
LKO:

Oga, how far have you gone with this business? No job, so thinking of what to do to make a living. Help me with idea o.
Good question... Wish he will come around to answer us

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Crafts Of Virtually Impaired / Sport Betting Lover Come In Here / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.