Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,482 members, 7,830,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Can Wizkid Command The Same Respect Just Like 2baba - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Can Wizkid Command The Same Respect Just Like 2baba (1013 Views)

Oladips Acquires Pet Goat Just Like Wizkid (see Photos) / Tonto Dikeh Kisses Dad Says She Can Also Raise Her Son Alone Just Like Her Dad / Omotola Jalade Dancing At Her School, Command Kaduna Reunion After 25 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Wizkid Command The Same Respect Just Like 2baba by orjisblog(m): 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2017
Orji Kingsley

Over time, the Nigerian music has succeeded in breaking into the limelight of international recognition. But the fact remains that the possibility of this would have been undoubtedly delayed if not for the coming of “Face 2 Face.”
2Baba Idibia as he is now called, was in truth – the needed light for the Nigeria music industry.
A light that not even the darkness of commercial nonsense (senseless music) has been able to put out.

In all, when posterity comes to seek answers: in
the truthfulness of evergreen music, the undying songs of 2face Idibia will ever prepare a table before them. This is how legends create themselves.

So many artistes look up to him and want to emulate him by sounding like him, dressing like him and even try to act like him. He is the only hip hop artistes in our generation who has attained legendary status because of his unique nature and song writing skill. If there is anyone who can contend with him then it has to be our very own starboy, Wizkid.

Wizkid rose from just a random artiste to an internationally acclaimed superstar is a source of motivation and inspiration to other African artistes that they can get to the peak of their career if they dream big and work hard. From the days of “ Hola at Your Boy ” to “ Ojuelegba”, Wizkid has grown and matured in his music that he now features on top American and UK artistes songs like Drake’s “One Dance”, Tinnie Tempah’s “ Mamacita” just to mention a few.

Just like 2face, Wizkid has won every major awards and recognitions that a successful artiste should win. He has won BET Awards, MOBO Awards, 5 times The Headies Award, 2 Channel O Music Awards, MAMA Awards, Afrimma Awards and many others.

Wizkid has also received other top nominations at the MTV Europe Music Awards and World Music Awards.
In terms of International exposure Wizkid beats 2face hands down in that criterion. The number of international collaborations he has done with top international artistes is unimaginable for an African artiste. This year alone he has worked with Drake, Chris Brown, Tinnie Tempah, French Montana, Trey Songz, Dj Henry, Hoody Baby and Justine Skye his alleged American girlfriend. 2face has also worked with some top international artistes like Wyklef, T-Pain, Beenie Man,Sway and Bridget Kelly.

Wizkid on the other hand has toured Europe, America and even Africa with top international artistes like Chris Brown, French Montana, August Alsina, Mariah Carey, Maxwell, Calvin Harris and Kendrick Lamar. Drake to mention but a few…

From my own perspective I think Wizkid has gotten to the same level that 2face is and from the way he is going he might surpass him and also attain legendary status in a matter of years. There is hardly nothing 2face has achieved that Wizkid have not done or surpass. But can Wizkid command the same respect back at home just like 2face?I would say …and I would leave it at that.

Tell me urs first by leaving comment in the section below..

http://orjisblog.com.ng/2017/09/06/can-wizkid-command-the-same-respect-just-like-2babasee-my-answer-with-facts/
Re: Can Wizkid Command The Same Respect Just Like 2baba by pizzylee(m): 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
I'm a wizkid fan but no....he doesn't av DT humility DTS making everyone respect 2baba
Re: Can Wizkid Command The Same Respect Just Like 2baba by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2017
TBH Wizzy has really uped his game in the past few years, I think according to Wikipedia(not sure) he is the most decorated Artiste in Africa(in terms of awards)..

But one thing that sets 2baba aside is his humility.. Dude is a true legend

1 Like

Re: Can Wizkid Command The Same Respect Just Like 2baba by NairalandCS(m): 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2017
Jarizod:
TBH Wizzy has really uped his game in the past few years, I think according to Wikipedia(not sure) he is the most decorated Artiste in Africa(in terms of awards)..

But one thing that sets 2baba aside is his humility.. Dude is a true legend

Oil dey your head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Wizkid Command The Same Respect Just Like 2baba by orobs93(m): 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
you can't erase nor surpass the marks of legend just create your own space and occupy
Re: Can Wizkid Command The Same Respect Just Like 2baba by chriskosherbal(m): 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
There is something unique about 2baba that still keeps him up there till date even after many of his fella fell off.

1 Like

Re: Can Wizkid Command The Same Respect Just Like 2baba by maklelemakukula(m): 1:18pm On Sep 06, 2017
please do not insult 2baba

#2BabaForPresident
Re: Can Wizkid Command The Same Respect Just Like 2baba by safarigirl(f): 1:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
One way to prove the differentg levels....

If Wizkid and Tu Face emerged for President, who would get more votes?

Wizkid is still no more than an artiste. An international artiste, but still an artiste just like the likes of Davido, Tekno and such, Tu face is a National Figure.

He is the Fela of our generation. I'm not even a big Tu Face fan, but he is someone whose opinion is highly rated in the nation, INEC fit use Wizkid do awareness?

Even Olamide has more popularity than Wizkid in that light, he will win Wiz in any LG election, even in Ojuelegba grin.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Oh My God See The 2018 Model Toyota Camry / Naijaloaded Mod On Fire For Adding Wizkid Song Manya As Wack Songs Of 2017. Pics / Actress Onyii Alex Curse Ladies Spreading Her Dic* Story [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.