Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Free Automation Training On Nairaland - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Free Automation Training On Nairaland (1131 Views)

Free Automation Training At Greenpeg Academy / 3 Months Intensive Automation Training Port Harcourt / PLC PROGRAMMING ||industrial Automation Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Automation Training On Nairaland by relevanteism(m): 11:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
Welcome on board.
This is an introductory class to automation.
Basically, I will introduce you to Programmable logic controller (plc)
I believe with your passion and dedication, you should be on a right course to this unique field.

Best regards

2 Likes

Re: Free Automation Training On Nairaland by relevanteism(m): 12:54pm On Sep 07, 2017
Expect update
Re: Free Automation Training On Nairaland by relevanteism(m): 8:35pm On Sep 08, 2017
Introduction to automation

According to wikipedia, Automation or automatic control, is the use of various control systems for operating equipment such as machinery, processes in factories, boilers and heat treating ovens, switching on telephone networks, steering and stabilization of ships, aircraft and other applications and vehicles with minimal or reduced human intervention, with some processes have been completely automated.

Automation has been achieved by various means including mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, electronic devices and computers, usually in combination. Complicated systems, such as modern factories, airplanes and ships typically use all these combined techniques. The benefit of automation include labor savings, savings in electricity costs, savings in material costs, and improvements to quality, accuracy and precision.

Control engineering has evolved over time. In the past humans were the main method for controlling a system. More recently electricity has been used for control and early electrical control was based on relays. These relays allow power to be switched on and off without a mechanical switch. It is common to use relays to make simple logical control decisions. The development of low cost computer has brought the most recent revolution, the Programmable Logic Controller (PLC). The advent of the PLC began in the 1970s, and has become the most common choice for manufacturing controls.
PLCs have been gaining popularity on the factory floor and will probably remain predominant for some time to come. Most of this is because of the advantages they offer.
• Cost effective for controlling complex systems.
• Flexible and can be reapplied to control other systems quickly and easily.
• Computational abilities allow more sophisticated control.
• Trouble shooting aids make programming easier and reduce downtime.
• Reliable components make these likely to operate for years before failure.

other references to follow in the course of the training
Re: Free Automation Training On Nairaland by relevanteism(m): 9:03am On Sep 09, 2017
HARDWIRED CONTROL:
Prior to PLCs, many of these control tasks were solved with contactor or relay controls. This is often referred to as hard-wired control. Circuit diagrams had to be designed, electrical components specified and installed, and wiring lists created. Electricians would then wire the components necessary to perform a specific task. If an error was made the wires had to be reconnected correctly. A change in function or system expansion required extensive component changes and rewiring.

DRAWBACKS:
Bulky and complex wiring.
Difficult to change the logic.
Unreliable.

Re: Free Automation Training On Nairaland by Olayemi244(m): 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2017
I'm happy to be here and I hope to learn better
Re: Free Automation Training On Nairaland by relevanteism(m): 8:41pm On Sep 10, 2017
You are welcome

I will be sharing the dropbox link for the materials tomorrow.

Olayemi244:
I'm happy to be here and I hope to learn better
Re: Free Automation Training On Nairaland by relevanteism(m): 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2017
Refer to the following and install the fx trainer

We will start with the fx-trainer but in the mean time, I will be posting some questions to check up with how far the class is going. Some questions might be outside the classroom but do due diligence to answer them. You can also post your questions

www (d0t) dropbox (d0t) com/sh/b5cl8avqoaxaecy/AAApuIV1sxaPLxQXP2jtAOU0a?dl=0

www (d0t) dropbox (d0t) com/s/it3oh25ijlqpx0y/PLC%20Book.pdf?dl=0

Passion will make you to do further research than this classroom.
Re: Free Automation Training On Nairaland by relevanteism(m): 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2017
In an automated system, the PLC is commonly regarded as the heart/brain of the control system. With a control application program (stored within the PLC memory) in execution, the PLC constantly monitors the state of the system through the field input devices' feedback signal. It will then based on the program logic to determine the course of action to be carried out at the field output devices.
The PLC may be used to control a simple and repetitive task, or a few of them may be interconnected together with other host controllers or host computers though a communication network

Input Devices
The input devices are like the eyes which sees what is actually happening to determine the course of action to be taken. Input devices are push-button, keypad and toggle switches which are more of manual input-devices. Proximity switch, limit switch, photoelectric sensor, level sensor etc are other input signal. The type of input signal to the PLC would be ON/OFF logic or analogue. The input signals are interfaced to PLC through various types of PLC input

Output Devices
Output devices are responsible for action. They can be relayed inform of visual or movement. Some of the common output devices are motors, solenoids, relay indicators, buzzers etc. Some are meant for notifying i.e pilot lamp, buzzer and alarms.

Re: Free Automation Training On Nairaland by shirgles(m): 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
Pls sir, how can I learn from you personally
Re: Free Automation Training On Nairaland by relevanteism(m): 7:04am On Sep 21, 2017
Send me a mail

shirgles:
Pls sir, how can I learn from you personally

(1) (Reply)

IYC Spokesman, Comr. Ebilade Ekerefe Speaks On The One Quality Leaders Should Ha / Live A Balanced Life / Air Cargo Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.