Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (2179 Views)

Does Man Need Religion? / Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? / Questions We Really Should Think About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by JackBizzle: 1:23pm On Sep 07, 2017
dalaman:

Other research also says that children are capable of doing bad things and they do bad things. You aren't the only one that can throw research around.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18404_6-shockingly-evil-things-babies-are-capable-of.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1168175/How-children-evil-A-criminologist-reveals-youngsters-capable-appalling-violence.html

Read my comment above. The guy's link doesnt even support him.
Re: . by dalaman: 1:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

The difference between my thread and yours is that mine cites research into kids as young as 6 months old. Yours talks about INFANTS.

here is a quote from your link

[b]

This takes us back to faulty moral foundations which I stated earlier.

Argue with yourself. I posted research and you posted a debate link.

Even the cracked link you posted still talks about infants because it is only at infancy that kids understand communication skills as as i earlier said.

You posted a research and I posted one as well. The second link and it is about children not infants.

Here is another one that even says that some kids are born evil.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/thinking-about-kids/201205/psychopaths-children-and-evil
Re: . by dalaman: 1:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

Read my comment above. The guy's link doesnt even support him.

I tire.
Re: . by butterflylion: 1:43pm On Sep 07, 2017
dalaman:

You posted a research and I posted one as well. The second link and it is about children not infants.

Here is another one that even says that some kids are born evil.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/thinking-about-kids/201205/psychopaths-children-and-evil

Extract from your latest link

Good consistent interactions with adults and children and structured environments that limit the range of opportunities for negative interactions and reward positive behaviors can help teach kids new, more effective, and less hurtful ways of interacting with their environments. But it takes time.

It also still takes us back to faulty or sound moral foundations. Like I said earlier, kids are more open to good and this good is best taught by someone who himself has a firm unshakeable moral foundation.

Man on his own has his limits of endurance but Christianity teaches that with the help of the holy Spirit we can overcome those limits and be ALWAYS good.

So when the Bible says TRAIN UP A CHILD IN THE WAY HE SHOULD GO......

It was spot on especially when those doing the training have first made sure their own moral foundation is intact and unmovable.

Enjoy arguing with yourself cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by JackBizzle: 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

It also still takes us back to faulty or sound moral foundations. Like I said earlier, kids are more open to good and this good is best taught by someone who himself has a firm unshakeable moral foundation.

Man on his own has his limits of endurance but Christianity teaches that with the help of the holy Spirit we can overcome those limits and be ALWAYS good.

It was spot on especially when those doing the training have first made sure their own moral foundation is intact and unmovable.

CC DALAMAN

how the hell did this guy jump from "sound moral foundations" to "the bible says"?

Morality existed before christianity and exists without christianity
Re: . by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
fuckerstard

No, we don't need religion. We now live in the age of reason and the only way to advance now is through science, research and technology
Re: . by butterflylion: 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

CC DALAMAN

how the hell did this guy jump from "sound moral foundations" to "the bible says"?

Morality existed before christianity and exists without christianity

I am sure you were not expecting me to say morality exists because science says so ba? cheesy So why are you shocked at my statement?

I am simply linking scripture to my arguments in order to show why scripture said certain things and then allowing the readers to try and relate that to my words in my comment.

Stop pretending that you are shocked when a Christian speaks of morality from a biblical perspective cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by JackBizzle: 2:12pm On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

I am sure you were not expecting me to say morality exists because science says so ba? cheesy So why are you shocked at my statement?

I am simply linking scripture to my arguments in order to show why scripture said certain things and then allowing the readers to try and relate that to my words in my comment.

Stop pretending that you are shocked when a Christian speaks of morality from a biblical perspective cheesy

Oh, the same bible where people were slaughtered like rams?
The same bible where Jeremiah sent bears to maul the kids who were mocking him?
The same bible where God likes the smell of burnt human beings?
The same bible that accepts slavery?

My guy, go and park well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by butterflylion: 2:21pm On Sep 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

Oh, the same bible where people were slaughtered like rams?
The same bible where Jeremiah sent bears to maul the kids who were mocking him?
The same bible where God likes the smell of burnt human beings?
The same bible that accepts slavery?

My guy, go and park well.

And here we go grin

I am sure when discussing with the other guy Wilgrea or so I did say CHRISTIAN WHICH MEANS LIKE CHRIST AND FOLLOWERS OF CHRISTS TEACHINGS.

but of course you wouldn't see that. cheesy

1 Like

Re: . by JackBizzle: 2:38pm On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

And here we go grin

I am sure when discussing with the other guy Wilgrea or so I did say CHRISTIAN WHICH MEANS LIKE CHRIST AND FOLLOWERS OF CHRISTS TEACHINGS.

but of course you wouldn't see that. cheesy

Did Christ come to abolish the old testament?

Is it not your same Christ that went to commit suicide? What morality am I to learn from that? Did I beg Jesus to die for me?
Re: . by dalaman: 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

You are typing a lot without saying anything at all.

This is what you said a research claimed :

"They(Kids) have been wired to automatically gravitate toward love, good, appreciation, kindness and move away from anything opposite from that and I wonder why".

I said this is completely not true and gave you other studies that shows that it is not true. The last one even says some kids are born evil and gave examples of horrendous evil acts some kids do.

You then quoted something that says this:

"Good consistent interactions with adults and children and structured environments that limit the range of opportunities for negative interactions and reward positive behaviors can help teach kids new, more effective, and less hurtful ways of interacting with their environments. But it takes time".

If children are wired to do good and automatically gravitate towards good deeds and move away from bad deeds as your study claims then why does the part you quoted talk about good and consistent interactions between adults and other kids and limiting the range of negative opportunities for negative actions as a big contributing factor?

If kids automatically gravitate towards doing good and move away from anything opposite they would not be said and parents will not spend a lot of their time teaching their children the difference between right and wrong. Parents not only spend a lot of time teaching their kids the difference btw good and bad they always try their possible best to limit the range of opportunities for negative interactions.

That wouldn't be so of your claim that kids automatically gravitate toward good and move away from anything opposite. That claim is what I challenged because it is completely not true.
Re: . by dalaman: 2:55pm On Sep 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

Is it not your same Christ that went to commit suicide? What morality am I to learn from that? Did I beg Jesus to die for me?

grin grin grin
Re: . by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

Re: . by butterflylion: 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

Wrong on all counts. cheesy

Christ did not die for you. He died for as many as would believe he was the Christ, the son of the living God.

He never commited suicide or died for you as you allege cheesy . You cannot reject what you never accepted Shikena grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Good Muslim To Answer This Quetion / CHURCH VS CONGREGATION Congregation Was Yahshua Creation, Church A Creation Of / Jws Lie That The Holy Spirit Is ' A Force'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.