Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk (911 Views)

My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) / Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? / Let's Talk About Private Hostels For Short Let In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by nas4q(m): 8:08am On Sep 07, 2017
I don't want to renew my rent simply because it will affect me if I do. The money is huge to my liking. So if u know you have the financial firepower to move in to ogba you can take my room. There's steady electricity, Security, Spacious compound, water and neat environment. Drop your comments...
Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by marvelling(m): 8:10am On Sep 07, 2017
nas4q:
I don't want to renew my rent simply because it will affect me if I do. The money is huge to my liking. So if u know you have the financial firepower to move in to ogba you can take my room. There's steady electricity, Security, Spacious compound, water and neat environment. Drop your comments...

hmmm... is the rent still running?
Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by ochobaba(m): 8:12am On Sep 07, 2017
How much
Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by marvelling(m): 8:13am On Sep 07, 2017
ochobaba:
How much

the main question...
Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by nas4q(m): 8:17am On Sep 07, 2017
marvelling:

hmmm... is the rent still running?
Nope. The rent expires 1 Oct, 2017
Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by nas4q(m): 8:20am On Sep 07, 2017
ochobaba:
How much
I paid 160K as rent. Agreement and commission 90k.
Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by ochobaba(m): 8:20am On Sep 07, 2017
nas4q:

Make I stay in my area abeg

1 Like

Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by marvelling(m): 8:21am On Sep 07, 2017
nas4q:
Nope. The rent expires 1 Oct, 2017

how much is the rent?
Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by marvelling(m): 8:22am On Sep 07, 2017
nas4q:

ok! can we see pictures of the place... the environment etc. I want to know how big the apartment is
Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by nas4q(m): 8:23am On Sep 07, 2017
Whoever is interested will renew the rent, get the receipt and move in. The agreement and commission 50%. meaning u save urself 45k.
Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by nas4q(m): 8:28am On Sep 07, 2017
marvelling:

ok! can we see pictures of the place... the environment etc. I want to know how big the apartment is
If u are interested you can come and inspect it. My number contact details is visible in my signature
Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by thesicilian: 8:32am On Sep 07, 2017
nas4q:
Whoever is interested will renew the rent, get the receipt and move in. The agreement and commission 50%. meaning u save urself 45k.
Who will the agreement and commission be paid to? You or the landlord? Have you been given the authority by the landlord to sublet the place?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by oluwayimika123: 8:32am On Sep 07, 2017
Is it just a single room self con or a room and a parlour self con den can u kindly share pictures of d room and d compound
Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by nas4q(m): 8:41am On Sep 07, 2017
thesicilian:

Who will the agreement and commission be paid to? You or the landlord? Have you been given the authority by the landlord to sublet the place?
It is not actually subletting as u call it. It will just be as though its a renewal. It means the receipt will still bear my name. If u want to rent it directly it means u will be pay agent registration fee, the possibility of higher rent because new occupants pay more. The agreement and commission with damages might be more. If u want to rent it directly it s welcomed but I want to get 50% of the money I paid for agreement, commission and damages bullshit
Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by thesicilian: 8:52am On Sep 07, 2017
nas4q:

It is not actually subletting as u call it. It will just be as though its a renewal. It means the receipt will still bear my name. If u want to rent it directly it means u will be pay agent registration fee, the possibility of higher rent because new occupants pay more. The agreement and commission with damages might be more. If u want to rent it directly it s welcomed but I want to get 50% of the money I paid for agreement, commission and damages bullshit
Yeah, I understand you trying to recoup some of your losses. But what if Mr. Lagos Landlord three months later says I have no business being in his house and because he has no agreement with me and either I pay him the necessary added fees or move out?

1 Like

Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by nas4q(m): 9:12am On Sep 07, 2017
The rent collection is being handled by an agent. She's a woman that manages one provision store at college road. The landlord doesn't even know his tenants. The agent has never come here only to send people for repairs if any. The landlord nor the agent don't stay in the area. If u will feel threatened then u can pay the full money plus any potential increase. My own be say, half of my losses must be recouped or I leave on free transfer
Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by nas4q(m): 9:15am On Sep 07, 2017
That agreement and commission and damages is just a means of extorting prospective tenants. It is just a means to inflate the price because they know Lagos has more population with fewer accommodation.
Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by marvelling(m): 10:02am On Sep 07, 2017
nas4q:

If u are interested you can come and inspect it. My number contact details is visible in my signature

ok. I will come around on Saturday
Re: I'm Vacating My Room Self Contain This Month. If U Need It, Let's Talk by nas4q(m): 6:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
marvelling:

ok. I will come around on Saturday
No problem

(1) (Reply)

Christal Villa Gold Estate......the Goldmine....get It For As Cheap As 800k. / Professional High Rise Window Cleaning Service In Nigeria / GRACIAS COURT, Sharing Boundary With Dangote Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.