Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! (585 Views)

Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) / Feeling Awkward Towards Christianity And God, Need Counseling... / Worshipers Fight At AIPCA Church In Kenya Over Who Should Lead Day's Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by Alphasoar(m): 8:38am On Sep 07, 2017
Sighing before praying.
I don't know why, but it seems so awkward to me oh. Your prayer leader will just introduce a prayer topic and tell everyone to pray, immediately before the prayer, you will just hear echo of sighs everywhere. Like seriously, who are you sighing for na? The person you are praying to is he the one that put you into any problem you are trying to pray on.

Shouting when praying
Some people will just start shouting like people who are quarrelling with unrepentant conductor. I wonder why it is so. The last time I checked, MY GOD hears even the most silent prayer. So I ask, do you have to shout. Let's say you are talking to your biological father, you are making a request then you start shouting, like seriously, will even listen to you if he doesn't even give you a resounding slap.

Giving offering when message is on especially when Pastor is preaching
I don't know if it is bad oh, but all I know is that the BIBLE tells me something very clearly in two separate quotations that 1. There is time for everything and 2. let everything be done decently and in order.
So I don’t usually get it when the person is praying and you are going to give offering. Is the offering meant for God or the Pastor?
I think Ecclesiastes has something to say on this. Read chapter five and the first verse. It says something like, "Walk prudently when you go into the house of God; and draw near to hear rather than to give the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they do evil".

Greeting members when service is on even when you are late for the service
Haba Uncle, you are coming to the service late, can you just have a seat, please? People that do this kind of thing in church are people that are pompous; you must announce your arrival - giving everybody a high five. Sister please sit down oh, Ga juo kwa Saphira ihe mere ya mgbe ogara nsuko na ulo oge (Go and ask Saphira of the Ananias family what happened to her when she came late to the church).

Checking wrist-watch when service is on
The best thing to do for yourself is to live in the moment at everywhere you may find yourself and it could be facilitated when you overlook your wrist-watch when you are in a service. Stop checking your watch bro, your engagement does it supersede the one of the Man who runs the affairs of the whole universe? I learnt that from John Izzo in one of his teaching on "Five things you must know before you die" (I believe that's the subject because it's been a while since I listened to the teaching), that you must learn to live in every moment you are in.
Stop romancing your watch because it makes you lose concentration and at the end of whatsoever you are doing, you find out that you just wasted your time there. This is because in the cause of always checking your time watch, your mind wonders to other places you think you want to be. Mind wandering inside church!

Telling the ushers you ain't sleeping when you are almost falling from your chair.
Chairman, please fear God small abeg. How can you say you are not sleeping when saliva is dropping down your jaws? People can be funny eeeh. Highest you hear somebody like, 'I was meditating' lols.

Telling the Pastor stuffs like "Ride on", "I hear you" when message is on.
1 Corinthian 14:34 will say "Let the women keep silent in the church". I believe in this this case, the men too are equally advised same. Ecclesiastes also has something to say on this. Read chapter five and the second and third verses. It says, "Do not be rash with your mouth, and let not your heart utter anything hastily before God. For God is in heaven and you on earth; therefore let your words be few.
3. For a dream comes through much activity, and a fools voice is known by his many words.

Speaking in tongues when pastor have stopped prayers and everybody have said amen.
Somebody will come now and tell me that it is the Spirit. Hah, which of the spirits. Because 1 Corinthians 14:32, 33 says something like, "And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. For God is not the author of confusion . . ."
So why distract and cause confusion to the brethren who have obediently concluded their prayers and waiting for the prayer leader’s further instruction? Your own spirits is not controllable?
Well these things seem awkward to me and I don't know about you sha, so tell me what you think about them.

Happy soaring!!!

http://alphasoars..com.ng/2017/09/8-awkward-things-worshipers-do.html

1 Like

Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by BlackDBagba: 8:43am On Sep 07, 2017
Ok
Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by SuperSuave(m): 8:57am On Sep 07, 2017
Your points are not valid as they are not applicable to all churches due to the difference in doctrine.

1) Shouting when praying: If you go to CAC you will know it is a crime to pray silently

2) Giving offering when message is on: TF?! where does this happen, I have never witnessed this before as offering time is different from time for sermon when everyone is silent and little movements.

3) Speaking in tongues after prayer: CAC members, C&S and Cele won't agree with your point. Even the pastors keep quiet when someone is speaking in tongues and delivering messages as it is believed that God is speaking through them.
P.S. this is different from the normal "ashakaraboboborima.." shi.t

4)Jeering the pastor during sermon: You can't tell this to worshipers in america, it's their way of letting the pastor know they are with him and it let's the pastor know that the congregation is following

and I see nothing bad in checking your watch if the service is getting longer than the stipulated time
Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by obinna58(m): 9:25am On Sep 07, 2017
Bible will always give them reasons for what they do Cos there are lots of contradictions
All needed is choice and backup verse
Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by Alphasoar(m): 9:38am On Sep 07, 2017
SuperSuave:
Your points are not valid as they are not applicable to all churches due to the difference in doctrine.

1) Shouting when praying: If you go to CAC you will know it is a crime to pray silently

2) Giving offering when message is on: TF?! where does this happen, I have never witnessed this before as offering time is different from time for sermon when everyone is silent and little movements.

3) Speaking in tongues after prayer: CAC members, C&S and Cele won't agree with your point. Even the pastors keep quiet when someone is speaking in tongues and delivering messages as it is believed that God is speaking through them.

4)Jeering the pastor during sermon: You can't tell this to worshipers in america, it's their way of letting the pastor know they are with him and it let's the pastor know that the congregation is following

and I see nothing bad in checking your watch if the service is getting longer than the stipulated time

@Checking wrist watch. I strongly believe that checking your time watch when in a meeting is distraction to yourself, argue yourself out bro. Why I said it is awkward in the first place is that, a worship period is meanly a time dedicated without distraction to serve or worship your God. So, why come there because you want to start checking time on your pastor.

@ your no 2. You might not see anything wrong with that uncle but I just said they are awkward to me. And you don't have to querry where does a thing happen cos' you have not been to all the churches in the world.

@ your no 3. Why should your pastor keep shut when a member is interrupting the service, must the person speak in tongue when everyone else has stopped. The Holy book said, "God is not the author of confusion". Imagine the surprise when everybody have said amen and another person sees it as when the spirit is given him message.
#Udo
Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by Alphasoar(m): 9:43am On Sep 07, 2017
SuperSuave:

P.S. Your opinion or someone else's is not and will never be final verdict on an issue. So next time when somebody expresses his views on an issue, you don't directly tell the person, "Your points are not valid". That is disrespect and arrogance.
Honourably argue your facts. Nobody asks you to accept what the other person has said.
Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by SuperSuave(m): 10:04am On Sep 07, 2017
Alphasoar:

P.S. Your opinion or someone else's is not and will never be final verdict on an issue. So next time when somebody expresses his views on an issue, you don't directly tell the person, "Your points are not valid". That is disrespect and arrogance.
Honourably argue your facts. Nobody asks you to accept what the other person has said.
OK sir. I just find it annoying that people come up with lists of things that are good and bad. we should thread careful especially when it comes to religion
Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by Alphasoar(m): 10:21am On Sep 07, 2017
SuperSuave:
OK sir. I just find it annoying that people come up with lists of things that are good and bad. we should thread careful especially when it comes to religion
And next time you find the meaning of 'AWKWARD', It will help.
Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by SuperSuave(m): 10:44am On Sep 07, 2017
Alphasoar:

And next time you find the meaning of 'AWKWARD', It will help.
Be careful. The gentle stride of a lion doesn't depict cowardliness.
Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 07, 2017
There's absolutely nothing wrong with these.

The writer even had to quote Bible scriptures to onvince us. . undecided
Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 07, 2017
There's absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by Alphasoar(m): 10:57am On Sep 07, 2017
SuperSuave:
Be careful. The gentle stride of a lion doesn't depict cowardliness.
Uncle Mayweather just correct ya self ok, I don't know what you mean by those yabbings. Learn to stay outta some thread ok and maybe 'mine'. It will do me and you real good.
Thanks.
Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 07, 2017
... ...
Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by Alphasoar(m): 11:10am On Sep 07, 2017
Jhaytee4all:
Giving offering when message is on especially
when Pastor is preaching

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Uncle this is an opinion post, I never totally condemn that, I said they are to me 'AWKWARD'. And you never have time to give offering except the pastor starts to preach then you start going out at intervals to drop offerings on the pulpit?
Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 07, 2017
Alphasoar:

Uncle this is an opinion post, I never totally condemn that, I said they are to me 'AWKWARD'. And you never have time to give offering except the pastor starts to preach then you start going out at intervals to drop offerings on the pulpit?

smiley my bad! Pardon. . . I mistook that in the way I understood it too.
Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by Alphasoar(m): 12:07pm On Sep 07, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

smiley my bad! Pardon. . . I mistook that in the way I understood it too.
Hmmm cheesy cheesy
Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by SuperSuave(m): 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
Alphasoar:

Uncle Mayweather just correct ya self ok, I don't know what you mean by those yabbings. Learn to stay outta some thread ok and maybe 'mine'. It will do me and you real good.
Thanks.
I leave you in peace oga

Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by Alphasoar(m): 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2017
SuperSuave:
I leave you in peace oga
#WehDonSir
Re: 8 Awkward Things Worshipers Do! by Alphasoar(m): 7:19am On Sep 10, 2017
obinna58:
Bible will always give them reasons for what they do Cos there are lots of contradictions
All needed is choice and backup verse
Hmmm. This one is strong Oh.

(1) (Reply)

2018 Prophecies By Pastor E.A Adeboye ( RCCG ) / Eastern Orthodox Church Christmas In Russia 2018 / 5 Nights Of Glory:Members Storm Portharcourt Streets,pretty Girls Twerk (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.