Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! (1749 Views)

Pls Help.i Want To Download The Movie "The Last King Of Scottland". / Forrest; The Nigerian Or The King Of Scotland? / Forrest; The Nigerian Or The King Of Scotland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by chichimma(f): 3:07pm On Feb 14, 2007
Who has watched "The Last King of Scotland"? If you did tell me what you think of the movie if you did not watch it you should because it is an exciting movie that shows many different angles of the ex- president of Uganda, Idi Amin and the country. The president was acted by Forrest Whittaker and he gave a marvelous performance.

I watched the movie with a very good friend of mine from Uganda. She was amazed by his accent and acting skills. The movie depicted several angles of the country , the poor, rich, sick and healthy situations that encounters in Uganda. After all, We felt that the movie did not show only the bad side of the president but also the emotional side of him, which was a good thing. The movie has funny and sad scenes.

Just watch it and give your own opinion wink
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by Free(f): 8:57pm On Feb 24, 2007
oooh I havnt seen it yet

but i wanna see it thou grin grin grin
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by chichimma(f): 2:45am On Mar 01, 2007
It is a must watch, Let me know what you think of it! wink
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 02, 2007
Excellent movie, i did not really like Dr. Garigan's acting that much but i think Forest did a Fabulous job!
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by Raymand(m): 2:19pm On Mar 02, 2007
Did they do the part where Amin crushed peoples testicles with his bare hands? I heard he did that in real life to people he suspected were spys. . .
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by Busta(f): 11:51pm On Mar 02, 2007
I watched the movie and yes, forest whitaker did deserved an Oscar.

they kinda limited the movie to all the good acts of Idi Amin except for very few parts,
like when he butchered his wife . . i literally threw up in ma mouth when i saw that scene.

in all tho, very good movie.
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by chichimma(f): 2:57am On Mar 03, 2007
Yeah, the part where he butchered his wife was discusting and cold! What did u think of the part where they killed the doctor that saved the white doctor of a painful dead.

@ Raymand, there are no parts of Idi Amin crushing people with his bare hands. It could be that he did , if that happened he probably let people do that for him. Furthermore, my Ugandan girlfriend told me that things were exxagerated by the media in so many ways for example with the cannibalism part. Propoganda is clearly depicted in the movie, from the British and Uganda people.

As what I know is that many Uganda people respected and loved him ( from his tribe primarily),while many hated him in Uganda.
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by Seun(m): 11:42am On Mar 03, 2007
He was a butcher, a beast. He killed people left, right, center, including his wives. (Even Hitler didn't kill his wife.)
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by chichimma(f): 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2007
Hitler did not kill his wives. You are right but how many thousands of people from all over Europe did he kill? What is going on in the Middle East, Guantanomo Bay,and many more places? Why don't people call those involved cannibalists, beasts and butchers?  I saw this movie through a different set of eyes and saw Idi Amin's characteristics, drives and fears. What I liked from the movie as said earlier is the two sides that were depicted positive and negative. I am surprised that since the story is depicted in a Hollywood conduct. I am happy it reflected these things and not solely focused on the propoganda and British media that was ongoing about Idi Amin. Its a pity that other people only focus on the negative sides of the movie. I think people blindly follow and believe everything that the media shows them, they cannot look beyond things.
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by Seun(m): 8:37am On Mar 10, 2007
Forget it, the guy was a butcher. His mother should have aborted him. He's not worth defending at all.
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by Raymand(m): 1:01am On Mar 12, 2007
chichimma:

@ Raymand, there are no parts of Idi Amin crushing people with his bare hands.

That's weird, because i read he did that from a newspaper article years back when he was still in power!
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by Seun(m): 8:19am On Mar 12, 2007
Lest we forget, 'The Last King Of Scotland' is not a documentary. It's a movie designed purely to entertain. Really.
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by mandi: 9:07pm On Mar 12, 2007
Seun:

Lest we forget, 'The Last King Of Scotland' is not a documentary. It's a movie designed purely to entertain. Really.

It is a movie based on actual events. Garrigan is a fictional character though.
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by chichimma(f): 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2007
Thank you Mandi for that clarification.
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by Hugoboi(m): 3:11pm On Mar 13, 2007
Heard the movie was off the hinges.Whitakker at his best!!
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by chichimma(f): 3:15pm On Mar 13, 2007
@ Raymand

Do you believe everything you read or watch on television?  I am not saying that it is false what they wrote about him but there is such thing called as propaganda.

Some people loved the former president of Uganda and others hated him and that is a fact!

Whittaker was brilliant, my Ugandan girlfriend said it was just as if she was watching Idi Amin, which she had met.
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by sisimose(f): 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2007
interesting views here  wink

Listen speak to a Black Ugandan and you will see a different story.
speak to an Indian Ugandan and you will be told he was evil(they are the most racist bunch of ppl who went to Uganda and treated ugandans like shit)
speak to a white living in uganda at the time and they will tell you he was a cannibal
I had a very eye opening convo with a Ugandan guy and he told me the BBC did a lot in painting IDi Amin as a monster because he refused to play pupett to them. that is why they put Idi Amin in power they thought they had  ''their man'' in power lol ''WRONG''

HE GOT TYRANNICAL  no doubt but half the things he was accused of were untrue. I really wish sometimes we as Africans could just find our own type of government and stick to it and make the west beg to trade with us. we have so much shame about the leaders.  Africa should wake up '' we are dancing to their tune too much.

on that note back to the movie,
it was a good movie for entertainment value, but i implore many not to take it as fact of history, please do your own research , not just from the white or western perspective. (i am not anti white , lets just be real)

PS
do not watch it before your dinner grin
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by Seun(m): 10:41pm On Mar 13, 2007
It is a movie based on actual events.
This is very obvious.

Garrigan is a fictional character though.
If a central character is fictional, why won't the rest of the movie be mostly fictional?

Please, stop praising Idi Amin. There's nothing 'African' about being a murderous bastard. Germans don't praise Hitler.
Re: The Last King Of Scotland- A Must Watch! by chichimma(f): 1:34am On Mar 15, 2007
@ Sisimose

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WISE WORDS

You have said it all!

I watched it after dinner grin

(1) (Reply)

Prison Break Season 5 / DOWNLOAD Movie:the Alienist Season 1 Episode 01 (S01E01) / Bollywood Likely To Go On Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.