Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Nipost Is Almost Getting Me Frustrated - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nipost Is Almost Getting Me Frustrated (912 Views)

Frustrated With My Wife / My Wife Is Getting Me Angry / Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nipost Is Almost Getting Me Frustrated by riogrannde(m): 10:49am On Sep 07, 2017
Hello everyone please i need help. Just incase anyone have experienced this. On the 15th of August 2017, i sent a package to Canada via nipost registered mail (first time im sending items with nipost). This items were sent through the abuja regional office. At thw post office, i was initially referred to the EMS section but it was too expensive so i was adviced to send it via registered mail. The items which included 4 pairs of sown african fabrics, toilet soaps, sachet milk and omega H3 biocapsules were all wrapped up in 4 different envelopes. Money was then paid, receipt was given as well as tracking numbers. I was told the items will get to canada between 7 to 14 working days.
Two days after i tried tracking it on the nipost website but the feedback i got was "REMOTE SERVER UNAVAILABLE ". I still get same feedback till date.
I contacted the office and was told their site is down therefore i wont be able to track the items since they are upgrading to a new site. Someone referred me to a global tracking site "TRACKITONLINE.RU". I tracked it then and was told the items left lagos on the 17th of August 2017 (2 days after it was sent for posting).
But this message also followed "SORRY, REQUESTED ITEM NOT REGISTERED IN POSTAL DATABASE YET. IF YOUR ITEM WAS SENT LESS THAN less 2 DAYS AGO, IT MAY NOT APPEAR IN THE DATABASE. PLEASE CHECK LATER".
I also noticed i cant track the items from the Canadian post office since from their feedback, theres no available tracking for international mails sent to Canada.
I went to the post office to complain. Their reply was "be patient, the items will be received since it has left lagos already. Each time i track, the status i get is "ON ROUTE". It is past 14 days already and im beginning to get worried. Any advice from anyone who have experienced same would help please. Thanks
Re: Nipost Is Almost Getting Me Frustrated by ifyalways(f): 12:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
You went for cheap so be patient. I'm sure it will get to its destination but maybe in two months time.

They told you to use EMS you refused so, there u have it.

Pele and patience. Stop tracking cos nothing will change.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nipost Is Almost Getting Me Frustrated by Agbaletu: 12:55pm On Sep 07, 2017
You just have to be patient. There is little or nothing you or Nigeria Post can do.
You should have used EMS...regular post to outside the country is no no for me. Your package will be delivered let's say within six weeks. I have tried it once....affliction shall not arise the second time.

2 Likes

Re: Nipost Is Almost Getting Me Frustrated by riogrannde(m): 1:51pm On Sep 07, 2017
ifyalways:
You went for cheap so be patient. I'm sure it will get to its destination but maybe in two months time.

Two months? Wow. It is my first time anyway so i was kinda naive. Plus the reciever said i shouldn't use EMS since his friend who (according to him) uses registered post always get his without issues. I just hope it gets to him eventually
Re: Nipost Is Almost Getting Me Frustrated by riogrannde(m): 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2017
Agbaletu:
You just have to be patient. There is little or nothing you or Nigeria Post can do.
You should have used EMS...regular post to outside the country is no no for me. Your package will be delivered let's say within six weeks. I have tried it once....affliction shall not arise the second time.
Thanks alot. I really hope it gets to canada and the reciever recieves it.
Re: Nipost Is Almost Getting Me Frustrated by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 07, 2017
riogrannde:
Hello everyone please i need help. Just incase anyone have experienced this. On the 15th of August 2017, i sent a package to Canada via nipost registered mail (first time im sending items with nipost). This items were sent through the abuja regional office. At thw post office, i was initially referred to the EMS section but it was too expensive so i was adviced to send it via registered mail. The items which included 4 pairs of sown african fabrics, toilet soaps, sachet milk and omega H3 biocapsules were all wrapped up in 4 different envelopes. Money was then paid, receipt was given as well as tracking numbers. I was told the items will get to canada between 7 to 14 working days.
Two days after i tried tracking it on the nipost website but the feedback i got was "REMOTE SERVER UNAVAILABLE ". I still get same feedback till date.
I contacted the office and was told their site is down therefore i wont be able to track the items since they are upgrading to a new site. Someone referred me to a global tracking site "TRACKITONLINE.RU". I tracked it then and was told the items left lagos on the 17th of August 2017 (2 days after it was sent for posting).
But this message also followed "SORRY, REQUESTED ITEM NOT REGISTERED IN POSTAL DATABASE YET. IF YOUR ITEM WAS SENT LESS THAN less 2 DAYS AGO, IT MAY NOT APPEAR IN THE DATABASE. PLEASE CHECK LATER".
I also noticed i cant track the items from the Canadian post office since from their feedback, theres no available tracking for international mails sent to Canada.
I went to the post office to complain. Their reply was "be patient, the items will be received since it has left lagos already. Each time i track, the status i get is "ON ROUTE". It is past 14 days already and im beginning to get worried. Any advice from anyone who have
experienced same would help please. Thanks
Brother you need not fret, when you use a registered mail, it is often shipped by sea. Thus you wouldn't be able to keep a tab on it and it would take upward of 2wks to deliver.
I recently sent a package to Canada but I used the EMS service and it took about 10days to be delivered to the specified address (spent 5days at the canadian immigration office alone).
So relax, it would get there " in the fullness of time"
Re: Nipost Is Almost Getting Me Frustrated by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 07, 2017
ifyalways:

Why do I find it somehow in you saying 'he went for cheap', you could have been more reassuring than throwing it at him grin.
I'm pretty sure that when the goods were weighed, he'd be paying in excess of 50k which I believe would have been more than the cost of their initial procurement. 50k isnt cheap ooo.
Mehn, such a price can weak person abeg.

1 Like

Re: Nipost Is Almost Getting Me Frustrated by riogrannde(m): 3:10pm On Sep 07, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Why do I find it somehow in you saying 'he went for cheap', you could have been more reassuring than throwing it at him grin.
I'm pretty sure that when the goods were weighed, he'd be paying in excess of 50k which I believe would have been more than the cost of their initial procurement. 50k isnt cheap ooo.
Mehn, such a price can weak person abeg.
It wouldn't have been about the price actually. The reciever insisted i send it via registered mail so i did. Now both of us are getting frustrated.
Re: Nipost Is Almost Getting Me Frustrated by riogrannde(m): 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Brother you need not fret, when you use a registered mail, it is often shipped by sea. Thus you wouldn't be able to keep a tab on it and it would take upward of 2wks to deliver.
I recently sent a package to Canada but I used the EMS service and it took about 10days to be delivered to the specified address (spent 5days at the canadian immigration office alone).
So relax, it would get there " in the fullness of time"
Like for real? How come the carrier from the tracking site showed lagos air. I suspected it was shipped just like you said. This is so frustrating. Anyway, once beaten, twice shy.
Re: Nipost Is Almost Getting Me Frustrated by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
riogrannde:

It wouldn't have been about the price actually. The reciever insisted i send it via registered mail so i did. Now both of us are getting frustrated.
Eeyah, no worries pal. Your parcels would be delivered.

(1) (Reply)

A Letter To So Called "Feminists" / Life Is Just Vanity,live A Good Life(graphic) / Cakes For All Events

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.