Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,162 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

No Kill My Love For Agriculture - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / No Kill My Love For Agriculture (595 Views)

Did You Need Vast Area Of Land For Agriculture In Ogun State / How To Utilize 10 Hectares Of Land For Agriculture / Technology For Agriculture: Tractor On The Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Kill My Love For Agriculture by shyenar999(m): 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2017
As a Nigerian youth we have always been told to embrace agriculture, that we should appreciate the usefulness of our endowed land which is full of milk and honey by going into farming
I have seen many youths try laying their hands on some part of agriculture but some adverts I see on nairaland at times don't seems to encourage (from my view)
Now my questions are these
What could be the main/major reason why people sell their poultry pen regardless of how small or large it is?
Why do people sell their farm land even when they say farming is profitable either you r directly or indirectly practicingit?t

Please help answer those questions concisely just not to discourage but encourage the young agroprenuers.
Re: No Kill My Love For Agriculture by joinnow: 12:56pm On Sep 07, 2017
shyenar999:
As a Nigerian youth we have always been told to embrace agriculture, that we should appreciate the usefulness of our endowed land which is full of milk and honey by going into farming
I have seen many youths try laying their hands on some part of agriculture but some adverts I see on nairaland at times don't seems to encourage (from my view)
What could be the main/major reason why people sell their poultry pen regardless of how small or large it is?
Why do people sell their farm land even when they say farming is profitable either you r directly or indirectly practicingit?t

Please help answer those questions concisely just not to discourage but encourage the young agroprenuers.

For Poultry most newbies just jump in without learning and undergoing practical training in a poultry farm.so when confronted with challenge they drop it like it HOT.

Eg feed increase you did not make provisions for it Pam problem don start.
One guy started poultry Biz then feed price increased and he then go for cheaper version of the feed which cause the broiler to start stooling and he lost 2/3 of his broiler after that he drop it like it hot and rent out the poutry pen.

For farm land from my take herdmen is one challenge, village thief is another they won't allow the harvest time to reach them go don steal your proceeds, having to invest and wait for long period to recoup is another.

1 Like

Re: No Kill My Love For Agriculture by shariff84: 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2017
shyenar999:

in agriculture,new land is very fertile and sweetable for crop cultivation with used of non or small fertilizer.therefore if u have a farm and u cultivate it for several year,the soil nutrient will reduce and more fertilizer wil be need

1 Like

Re: No Kill My Love For Agriculture by shariff84: 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
therefore,the need for new land is inevitable.then u will sell the less fertile land to new farmers.lolz Also,apart from that financial constrient that will lead a farmer to sell any available asset including the fertile land.

1 Like

Re: No Kill My Love For Agriculture by tectonotimes: 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2017
shyenar999:

Wow!!! It is very nice to have love for agriculture. Have you observed that you can not succeed an an agricultural practitioner without exporting your agricultural products? It is a truism!!! For you not to be defrauded as an agricultural products exporter, you must master the contemporary dynamics of export trade. For more information, click on the first link on my signature.

1 Like

Re: No Kill My Love For Agriculture by Ademat7(m): 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2017
OP that is what is called founders dilemma

1 Like

Re: No Kill My Love For Agriculture by Atlanticfire: 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2017
shyenar999:

Farming is like any other business. It has potential but also have risks, super risks.

Many startups fail, not only farming business. Without adequate planning and without good external support the failure is more rapid hence you see many farmers bailing out after a short stint at farming.

The long gestation period between investment and getting returns in farming also does not help matters. What percentage of nigerians can wait for months to get the first proceeds from thir farms and if there is failure along the way, what percentage of Nigerians can mobilise enough fund to continue the farming business? Few.

This makes a lot of people to give up after suffering a few hiccups in their farming venture.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Agriculture Social Network / Commercial Goat Farming / Alkalized And Non - Alkalized Cocoa Powder (health Benefit And Business)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.