Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

This Is What You Should Do If An Electric Wire Or Pole Falls On Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Is What You Should Do If An Electric Wire Or Pole Falls On Your Car (1560 Views)

Pole Smashes Man's New Car (Photos, Video) / Mechanic Killed In Adamawa As Tree Falls On His Car While He Was Working On It / Container Falls On Range Rover In Oyo, Truck Driver Flees (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What You Should Do If An Electric Wire Or Pole Falls On Your Car by autojosh: 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2017
Even though electric poles rarely fall on cars in Naija,we don’t pray for accidents ,but you could hit a pole one day or an electric wire might fall on your car.It would be helpful to know what to do in such a situation.

When I say electric wire ,I don’t mean only Nepa wire or pole,ANY electric wire no matter how small including that of street lights.

Let’s learn !

1.Assume There Is Current Flowing
Don’t even try to have the idea that there is no current flowing in the wire .This is not the time to say “shebi Nepa has not given this area light for 5 months”.Its safer to assume the wires have current flowing through them.

2.Stay In Your Car
Remain in your car ,don’t get out yet !.Call 112 and explain what just happened.Wait for them to come and clear the danger before getting out.

3.If There Is Danger
While waiting, if something like a fire starts or you see smoke ,its better you get out of the car ,but WAIT !,it has to be done the right way.

Open the car door,while your feet are still in the car.
Try to stand upright holding the car door ,while your feet are still in the car.
Now jump out and make sure both legs land on the floor at the same time ,while keeping them close to each other,be careful not to fall !
Now shuffle your legs carefully moving away while keeping your legs close to each other.
Or you could just keeping hoping away,and landing on both legs(keeping them close to each other) at the same time ,until you are about 35 feet away.

4.Warn Others
Warn other people to stay away from your car ,they could get electrocuted if there is current flowing through.

If you need a physical and practical approach to these instructions ,you should see the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLVzvMTgGDY

We hope we have added something to your knowledge bank.

Kindly share !!!

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/this-is-what-you-should-do-if-an-electric-wire-or-pole-falls-on-your-car/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: This Is What You Should Do If An Electric Wire Or Pole Falls On Your Car by Hashimyussufamao(m): 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2017
0p nice job lemme read 4future sake
*FTC dedicated 2 PHCN thanks 4bringing me back to Nairaland
Re: This Is What You Should Do If An Electric Wire Or Pole Falls On Your Car by Nutase: 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
cool
Re: This Is What You Should Do If An Electric Wire Or Pole Falls On Your Car by Lovetinz(m): 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2017
It's a little bit hard to stand 'upright' in a small car. Why can't I grab the car carpets and..
Throw the first one and hop on it.
Throw the second one and hop on it. etc
Re: This Is What You Should Do If An Electric Wire Or Pole Falls On Your Car by Donald3d(m): 4:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
Lovetinz:
It's a little bit hard to stand 'upright' in a small car. Why can't I grab the car carpets and..
Depending on the material used to make the carpet, it might even be more disastrous, rubber can generate static electricity from ordinary friction.

Besides the alternating picking and throwing would definitely make you come in direct contact with the floor and carpet, in other words the person would turn to roasted meat.Kirchoff's and many other electric laws would be fulfilled.
Lovetinz:
Depending on the material used to make the carpet, it might even be more disastrous, rubber can generate static electricity from ordinary friction.

Besides the alternating picking and throwing would definitely make you come in direct contact with the floor and carpet, in other words the person would turn to roasted meat.Kirchoff's and many other electric laws would be fulfilled.

grin Kirchoff ,ohm and Tesla would be smiling in their grave now wicked pipo grin grin
Re: This Is What You Should Do If An Electric Wire Or Pole Falls On Your Car by Youngsage: 11:11pm On Sep 07, 2017
Interesting
Re: This Is What You Should Do If An Electric Wire Or Pole Falls On Your Car by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 07, 2017
Open the car door,while your feet are still in the car.
Try to stand upright holding the car door ,while your feet are still in the car.
Now jump out and make sure both legs land on the floor at the same time ,while keeping them close to each other
,be careful not to fall !
Now shuffle your legs carefully moving away while keeping your legs close to each other.
Or you could just keeping hoping away,and landing on both legs(keeping them close to each other) at the same time

Tarzan won't find this very easy, how much more a clumsy being like me. Thanks for the thread. Allow me go all spiritual and optimistic _ "May I never need it" grin.
Re: This Is What You Should Do If An Electric Wire Or Pole Falls On Your Car by OCTAVO: 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
Nice
Re: This Is What You Should Do If An Electric Wire Or Pole Falls On Your Car by CarReg(m): 11:33am On Sep 08, 2017
Thanks for educating us........

(1) (Reply)

Details Needed For Licensing A Newly Acquired Car / Car Accessories Discussions Here / Made In Aba Electric Tricycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.