Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants (23990 Views)

FG Begins 14-day Paternity Leave For Civil Servants / Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn / Benue, Kogi, Plateau Pay Civil Servants High Despite Poor Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by Rainmaker69(m): 8:33am On Sep 08, 2017
The complaints are nonsensical. How does an accountability-based reporting system make work difficult? Only in Nigeria. A worker on secondment will clock in to the secondary office. Any staff who has to spend more than 6 hours outside the office is a truant or a thief stealing government time. Those on essential service work in shifts which can be timed to meet the clocking requirements.
Civil service truancy is the bane of the public sector and poor states like Kogi are often hit the worst. Most Civil servants don't go to work, the civil service is just a hustle to make side money. So sad.
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by MEILYN(m): 8:34am On Sep 08, 2017
maxiuc:
No wonder majority of people from kogi state are hostile

Which kind pattern be this

Bello enjoy your free position
Majority of Kogi state people are hostile? How did you come up to this conclusion? You don't just pull facts from your behind please.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by Nicestibk(m): 8:34am On Sep 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by Awoleesu(m): 8:35am On Sep 08, 2017
Seen many thumbs up/down for this initiative! But, methinks right questions to ask be: what's the cost of acquiring & operating the clock machine perpendicular to paying 100% workers' salaries? Is this truly the best alternative? How is machine powered @ input station esp in the interiors; how d'you calculate data @ such power/tech failure times without cheating workers who you wanted to check? #notsosmart

1 Like

Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:40am On Sep 08, 2017
smk247info:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/09/07/kogi-govt-introduces-daily-payment-civil-servants/amp/
but you all need international best practices?because here in Europe we all do it because it's imperative to do so to avoid fraudulent things which most of u are guilty of..Unfortunately discipline and deligence it's a shock to you all..Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by autonomous22: 8:41am On Sep 08, 2017
Wicked Man....
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by jamace(m): 8:43am On Sep 08, 2017
Great development.
Kudos to the Gov.
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by dimejiano1: 8:45am On Sep 08, 2017
I don't blame him had been he contested, campaign and stress before he got the post he would have known the importance of people. Imagine someone that didn't pay a dine before gotten to the office behaving like this. I pity Kogi people sha.
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by 9japrof(m): 8:45am On Sep 08, 2017
malware:

Graduates salary is not more than 40k and they still want to deduct something out of it undecided

Mehn that's crazy bro

1 Like

Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by sluk(m): 8:46am On Sep 08, 2017
its a welcome development, just that when local government service commission in AKWA IBOM state introduced it, the machines didn't last up to two months. the machines were having issues on daily basis. trust AKWA IBOMITES, the local government workers used juju to complicate the machines.

don't forget that Africans lack maintenance culture, ordinary photocopiers in the office government cannot maintain let alone this frustrating piece of shit. lemme ask, is it not the same civil civil servants that will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the machines? will the Governor be going round to service them by himself? let's not fight over this lofty ideas, but let's just wait and see how far it will go.
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by daviefm(m): 8:51am On Sep 08, 2017
DON'T U PEOPLE WANT TO GO TO WORK AGAIN?
DILIGENT WORKER WON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by Deeldorado: 8:52am On Sep 08, 2017
Clocking in is great to restore productivity and seriousness in the civil service but pay them what is in their original offer letter, don't slash it.
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by comrChris(m): 9:00am On Sep 08, 2017
Killurself:
Good, most of them not doing anything in office than to sit down and gist, it will end unnecessary absent from work.
chigoizie7:
If this can be carried out judiciously and effectively, then, it's a welcomed development. It is a crime to get paid for the job u didn't do.

Many of us have never been to these government ministries. Only then will u know that this pattern is the best.

For The issues of the PRO mentioned in the thread, there will be a way to tackle the issues.
kingsmaila:
I commend the Governor for this development as it will control ghost workers and nonchalant attitude workers. The whole nation should adopt this control process.
mccoy47:
Wonderful development.
Sadly most nairalanders won't read this but jump to conclusion
Are you people normal? Like seriously are you guys very ok? Didnt you all read where they said he pays 50% salary? Dont you know so many of them depned on other things to sustain their families
How can he slash their salary and still introduce this kind of policy that will end up increasing poverty in his state

1 Like

Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by Opynion: 9:00am On Sep 08, 2017
This is the only good thing Mr Bello has done since he was given this position for free. i pray it succeed so that it can be extended to the federal and other state. the days of 'no be my papa' work should end if this country should make any progress
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by muller101(m): 9:03am On Sep 08, 2017
Very good . Infact I love it.
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by yahmohy27: 9:08am On Sep 08, 2017
ironheart:
Nice move, I love this development. It's hight time we work for our pay
SECONDED ,NICE POLICY BUT IT WON'T BE WELCOME BY LAZY WORKERS

1 Like

Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by samblaks(m): 9:09am On Sep 08, 2017
Well, if it is saintly implemented, it will help in curbing the lukewarm attitudes of the employees.
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by gaskiyamagana: 9:11am On Sep 08, 2017
He wants to follow Aregbesola of Osun, good luck to him in digging his political grave.
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by mccoy47(m): 9:11am On Sep 08, 2017
comrChris:
[s]Are you people normal? Like seriously are you guys very ok? Didnt you all read where they said he pays 50% salary? Dont you know so many of them depned on other things to sustain their families[/s]
How can he slash their salary and still introduce this kind of policy that will end up increasing poverty in his state
They are paid according to the time dey spend on sit.
If that is not a welcome development i wonder wat is!

Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by malware: 9:20am On Sep 08, 2017
9japrof:

Mehn that's crazy bro

Seriously crazy... undecided

Wonder how one can take care of himself with that amount embarassed
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by soliddust2020: 9:24am On Sep 08, 2017
The truth is the machines won't last long. civil servant will spoil the machine and some times steal it. I remember in delta state labour unions, PS and directors oppose the use of time and attendance machine.
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by Greenthumb(m): 9:27am On Sep 08, 2017
The complaints I'm seeing here are baffling and mind boggling to be honest. Clock in machines are standard practices in the private sector to checkmate employees who do not take their job seriously. Some employees would rather stroll into the office at will so long as there are no punitive measures in place.

Civil servants are one of the worst set of employees, this we all know. If we expect them who from time immemorial have been lackadaisical to work to start squaring up with their private sector counterparts, a lot has to be done, and in my honest opinion, having a clock-in machine in place to check attendance and promptness is a step in the right direction.
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by Michaelmercy(m): 9:29am On Sep 08, 2017
This Governor is a shiiiit, he is Aimless, Vision-less and Futureless
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 08, 2017
A governor with no consciences
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by zoedew: 9:51am On Sep 08, 2017
Commendable! Should enhance productivity, probity and patriotism.
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by reuben79: 9:58am On Sep 08, 2017
he should start it from political appointee...........wicked
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by Vutseck(m): 10:20am On Sep 08, 2017
benuejosh:
Nigeria. Let's see how this will work and if it does, for long? I love my Country. One Nigeria.

that is how it's done in all developed countries

Nigeria is always is always behind time
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by gbagyiza: 10:23am On Sep 08, 2017
hahahaha 50% salary with clocking system, why not reduce the working hour

My major concern is the 50% salary with the clocking mechanism.Clocking machine is best used in an environment were people attitude to work is bad and that suit Africa, most especially Nigeria were our mean concern is to use fraudulence act to earn money. In fact Nigerians prefer sitting at home not going to the office but expect to be paid in full at the end of the month. Most people that works in a private organizations are more proactive than those working with government because of measures put in place to monitor what you do.I worked in a company were your hourly activities are monitored and recorded daily, so you are more productive and rewarded also. The truth is always better, i am in support of not even using clocking machines but also monitoring their jobs schedules and daily performances.But government should ensure they reward the workers
well not this 50% of a thing before venturing into the use of clocking machine.
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by starz100: 10:30am On Sep 08, 2017
Look at them they are already hailing the policy because it does not affect them directly. So, a medical doctor in the operating theater should abandon his patient simply because he wants to 'clock' a register? Slavery work policy and people are calling it good. Nigerians are indeed the most docile people on earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by ussy09(m): 10:32am On Sep 08, 2017
donk552:
Useless state
Point of correction, useless leaders
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by crackhouse(m): 10:37am On Sep 08, 2017
It's a welcome development. Kogi workers are lazy people so they deserve it full time.
Re: Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants by chigoizie7(m): 11:10am On Sep 08, 2017
comrChris:
Are you people normal? Like seriously are you guys very ok? Didnt you all read where they said he pays 50% salary? Dont you know so many of them depned on other things to sustain their families

Maybe u don't know there are rules guiding civil servants.

U don't venture in any business venture while in active service. If u can't cope, just resign. It sounds harsh, yes and true.

The reason why nothing is done and achieved in this country is because of the nonchalant attitude by these workers, u go to their office to get something done, and u are told that the desk officer is not around ( pursuing other means of survival in your words). Tell me how u get things done with such attitude.

These are same workers in private sector, u get paid for every hour u spend in your job and that is why private sectors are more efficient than public sectors.

Because it is a normal thing to believe that wether u work or not, u get paid. And nothing gets done.

Oga, naija hard, ee de affect me too, but the moment u start doing the right things, the batter.

I did my IT in a state ministry, the 1st week i resumed, I normally go by 7 am, but my brother, no other person enters the office until it is past 10am, and when u check the attendance register, u will see 7.34am and co, but u will never see them in the office, this is an office of morethan 70 staffers. Now tell me who gets the job done in that office. After my IT, I kept coming over and over because the man that is to take care of my paper work, was never in the office.

Tell me why it is good to get paid for a job u don't do and I will tell u many negative effects it will cause or create.

Let's not forget that we have looters Lind the said governor, but that doesn't mean that doing what is right to block leakages is not a good idea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

24 Federal Permanent Secretaries For Sack - TheEagleOnline / I Am Worried My O'level Isn't Good Enough For My Cv / PHOTOS: Meet Benny Eigbe, Beautiful Nigerian Female Painter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.