Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,490 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards (997 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" / ‘There Wil Be A Revolution In Nigeria’ – TB Joshua 2013 Video / Frank Edwards With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 6:51pm On Sep 07, 2017
Recently Mike Bickle has attacked what’s being called the ‘hyper-grace’ movement – the main forerunner of which is the anointed Singaporean preacher Joseph Prince -on Charisma News.

As some of you will know by now this year I’ve had a massive revelation of God’s grace through Joseph Prince’s ministry which has set me free in a way I’ve never experienced before. The basic teaching is from Paul’s letter to the Romans:

‘There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ.’ (Romans 8:1)

One person’s response to a comment on the article struck me as capturing the heart of the movement powerfully and eloquently. Thanks Ed Casavant for allowing me to post it here:

“The Apostle Paul was often taken wrongly on this subject (Grace) so I suspect that Joseph Prince might be in good company. If we aren’t being accused of promoting “license”, we probably aren’t preaching the Good News because the diluted “good news” has been preached and taught for so long — centuries actually.

If a revelation of the understanding of unmerited favor causes the breaking of bondage then our Comforter – the Holy Spirit – is definitely involved. If I receive the empowerment to change because I am experiencing no condemnation, then it is because the deepest root of human dysfunction, condemnation, has been identified and uprooted.

Joseph Prince explained this in his first book, Destined to Reign. With the illuminating wisdom of the Holy Spirit, he cracked the “condemnation code” which has plagued believers’ spiritual growth for centuries and kept them like little children only consuming spiritual milk, not meat (I include myself as having once belonged to that group).

Frankly, prior to him, I had never heard anyone say what Joseph Prince is saying — not Dr. Michael Brown, not Mike Bickle, not Leonard Ravenhill, not David Wilkerson: the list goes on and on. I have listened to most of these men of God very carefully for several years (I’m just turning 49) and the message of ‘no condemnation’ has transformed me more thoroughly than all of what they taught combined together.

Furthermore, teaching born-again believers that they can lose their salvation is injurious, harmful and frankly, wretched. That is what this extreme reaction to “hyper-grace” is all about: It is the fear that believers are going to backslide and lose their salvation because sin will abound. Quite the opposite: the focus on “discipline” and progressive sanctification has indirectly produced more sin and transgression than many in the Body of Christ will ever realize.

Progressive sanctification is a myth. When we accept Christ into our hearts, we are 100% sanctified through our brand new new identity in Christ. We died to sin and are alive to God unless misguided but well-meaning preachers successfully convince us that we are still essentially alive to sin.

By continually focusing on and stressing our part in destroying sin, more sinning and missing the mark results. Guess what, we can’t destroy our sin natures. It was already destroyed for us by our induction into Christ’s death, burial and resurrection. Don’t worry about a new denomination taking root: The Good News Revolution is sweeping over the world right now and will affect every church no matter what denomination or persuasion; it will be the Second Reformation. It’s time for the revival of sin and sin consciousness to end. The world is ready to receive the incredibly exciting Good News that was already there right under our noses all the time.”

Grace and Peace to you.

Steve.

https://thegracebase.com/2013/04/13/the-good-news-revolution/
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 8:28am On Sep 08, 2017
Morning
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 4:11pm On Sep 08, 2017
Nn
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 6:50pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hello
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 7:22am On Sep 10, 2017
jiggaz:
Morning
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 11:35am On Sep 10, 2017
Nnn
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2017
Evening
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 6:27pm On Sep 10, 2017
Evening ccc
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 9:10am On Sep 11, 2017
Morning
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by Janeyinspires(f): 10:35am On Sep 11, 2017
Grace Revolution is the GOOD NEWS.And it has come to liberate Christians from the religion of self-effort.

I told someone that salvation is eternal;he gasped,saying "No!!". I quoted John3:16,he said it isn't the picture. He asked me,"what about christians that sin?" I told him,each time a christian sins,the blood of Jesus purifies him.Dude wasn't convinced.He said I shouldn't be deceived,that I should work out my salvation....the problem with some christian and their interpretation of scriptures;quoting a scripture out of context.He didn't read the verse that follows "walk out your salvation......." The verse which says,"it's God that WORKS in us to will and to act according to His good purpose....."
Anyway,let the wind of grace blow over the church to set the church free from every comma that has been added to Christ finished work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 11:43am On Sep 11, 2017
Janeyinspires:
Grace Revolution is the GOOD NEWS.And it has come to liberate Christians from the religion of self-effort.

I told someone that salvation is eternal;he gasped,saying "No!!". I quoted John3:16,he said it isn't the picture. He asked me,"what about christians that sin?" I told him,each time a christian sins,the blood of Jesus purifies him.Dude wasn't convinced.He said I shouldn't be deceived,that I should work out my salvation....the problem with some christian and their interpretation of scriptures;quoting a scripture out of context.He didn't read the verse that follows "walk out your salvation......." The verse which says,"it's God that WORKS in us to will and to act according to His good purpose....."
Anyway,let the wind of grace blow over the church to set the church free from every comma that has been added to Christ finished work.
You are very correct my dear. Am so happy that you know the TRUTH

1 Like

Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2017
Evening
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 7:12am On Sep 12, 2017
Morning
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2017
D
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2017
Youuuuu
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2017
Ohhh
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 6:35pm On Sep 16, 2017
Xxxxx
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
Gboooo
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 6:25am On Nov 18, 2017
jiggaz:
Morning
oooo
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 9:07pm On Dec 14, 2017
jiggaz:
Morning
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 6:51am On Dec 15, 2017
Morning...
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 8:29pm On Dec 31, 2017
Happy New year...
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 7:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
jiggaz:
Morning
teeent
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 8:21am On Feb 22, 2018
Hai
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 6:11am On Aug 21, 2018
Hello
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 7:51am On Jan 30, 2019
The Grace Revolution is happening all over the world... Am so happy to be alive during this exciting time in the history of man-kind!!
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 9:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
Yeah
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 8:06pm On Jan 31, 2019
Morning
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 5:30am On Feb 01, 2019
Morning
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 8:17pm On Feb 01, 2019
Evening
Re: The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards by jiggaz(m): 7:00pm On Oct 27, 2021
Yes!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

How  prophet Joshua Iginla’s Prophecy On Kenya Election Came To Pass (video) / Another Funny Church Picture As Posted By Daddy Freez / Today Is Corpus Christi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.