Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week (3429 Views)

Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU / ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by slayminder(m): 7:17pm On Sep 07, 2017
ASUU’ll call off strike next week, we’ll release N53bn — FG
Meanwhile, Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, said yesterday, that the on-going strike by ASUU would be called off next week, adding that N53 billion would be released to the union.
Speaking before the Senate Committee on Tertiary Institutions and TETFUND, led by Senator Jibrin Barau APC, Kano North, the Minister disclosed that the executive arm of government had commenced plans to ensure that it honoured the agreement with ASUU.
The Minister, who noted that he had written to the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, for the money, disclosed that she had already approved the money, adding that the money would be paid on Monday when the striking lecturers would receive the cheque.
He said: “ASUU asked for N23billion to be paid, but we said the condition for getting the N23billion was for them to account for the N30billion they had taken and they were not able to account for it.
“The Minister of Finance undertook to do the audit from the ministry and we agreed that the result will be known in six months. During that six months, government undertook to be paying ASUU N1.5billion each month during the time they were waiting for this.
‘’However, their grouse was that the forensic audit promised by the Minister of Finance had not been done and the money promised not paid.
“So, at our meeting two days ago, the agreement was to pay them all and do forensic audit on the entire N53billion.
“That was what I tried to do yesterday (Wednesday). I wrote to the Minister of Finance and she has already approved and this money will be paid. Probably, by Monday, they will be able to receive the cheque.
“We didn’t agree with ASUU on their request that TSA should be taken out. I told them that it is not possible because it is a new policy and government is not going to change it for anyone.
“Concerning their salary short fall, we said the reason springs from universities employing people without proper authority.
“For instance, a university can just decide to go and recruit 50 people without notifying IPPIS. So, what they are going to get is the money they got last month, which will not be sufficient for them. We have told them that institutions should, henceforth, stop doing that and they accepted.
“There is the issue of registration of their pension commission. I think they have one or two issues to iron out with PENCOM and I believe they will also be able to solve the problem within a week.
“The issue of renegotiation is already ongoing, which will not affect what we have said. I have already written a letter formalizing the meeting and all the agreements we had with ASUU and gave them the letter yesterday.
“From the way they received it, I think it is possible that the strike will be called off within a week maximum.”
Chairman of the Committee, Senator Jibrin Barau, commended the Minister for his efforts towards ensuring that the situation was resolved and the strike called off.

sources:http://www.gist9aw.com.ng/2017/09/breakinggood-news-for-universities.html?m=1
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by Martinez19(m): 7:21pm On Sep 07, 2017

Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by CornelG(m): 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2017
If i called you bastard and mumu now, you go begin dey vex. Hissss

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by abelprice(m): 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
Story for the gods.... undecided
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by fraudbad: 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2017
old news
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by Truepee(m): 8:00pm On Sep 07, 2017
Hmmm.Rubbish...I Hate The Fact I Was Given Birth To In This Country

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by mormoni(m): 8:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ok
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by sainty2k3(m): 8:18pm On Sep 07, 2017
And why must all this be done now
This people have been agitating for more than 2years now
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by ofiko123(m): 8:23pm On Sep 07, 2017
Good news.....
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by michoade(m): 9:05pm On Sep 07, 2017
...and tomorrow ASUU will come up with another story. Smh.
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by Ebullience(m): 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
We hope so
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by Omobolajiatanda(m): 9:15pm On Sep 07, 2017
Their next week will never end tongue tongue
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by Omobolajiatanda(m): 9:16pm On Sep 07, 2017
Their next week will never end tongue tongue
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by giftedheart1(m): 9:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
i think one of the foundation of this country is thunder.... strike everywhere
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by NairalandSARS: 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2017
Make dem no try am o. I neva ready to go bak skul.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by Virgo01(m): 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2017
Is this not the Stale news I have been seeing all along?
That's for another day shaa Meanwhile
CHECK SIGNATURE
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by mannobi(m): 10:54pm On Sep 07, 2017
I love reading people's comments I just can't help myself. It's like an addiction. So in honor of those comments that I have read, I have decided to write my own comment. And it's all for you. I hope you enjoy reading my comment as much as I have enjoyed writing it. It's not an interesting comment, but I'm pretty certain you have read the comment up to this point, so you may as well just keep reading right down to the end. And also thank me for wasting your time cause this is very useless.
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by Dacman(m): 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2017
Am hoping o
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by babz11(m): 12:45am On Sep 08, 2017
hang urself man
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by babz11(m): 12:45am On Sep 08, 2017
maybe
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week by dust88: 2:12am On Sep 08, 2017
Na today yansh d back?

(1) (Reply)

UNILORIN Freshers Konnect ;) / A Girl Saw My Handwriting And Said It Looked Like A Typewriter / B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g News!!! ASUU Call Off D Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.