Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. (3649 Views)

The Growing Trend Of Waist Training .. Your Thoughts And Criticism / Any Suggestions Please. / ~ What Are Your Thoughts On African Fabric Infused Ladies' Purses & Swimwear? ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Nobody: 6:43am On Feb 25, 2010
Hello,

I reside here in the states and I'm looking into selling real designer items and also the affordable brands.

I think it's a good business to start and plus I know we Nigerians love original designer products with mind blowing quality smiley

The mall is right next to me and they have lots of designer boutique from clothes to shoes,jewelries,handbags,lingerie and beauty products.

So please advice on how i go about this and also if you are interested on bargaining with me then we can proceed as well,believe me, almost all the names you can think of is in this mall no joke!

Please all advice and ideas are totally welcome because i'm still a novice.

Thanks
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 25, 2010
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Nobody: 3:34am On Feb 26, 2010
chaircover:

What is your target market?

I can only talk for myself. I only buy my designer stuff from the company website direct because there are so many fakes out there, I want be 100% sure that I am purchasing an authentic item.

Having said that not everyone has access to online shopping so if you are truly truly selling authentic items news will eventually travel round and you will get your own clique of customers.

I was thinking Naija as I know Uk peeps do have the designer stores and outlets, dunno if it's the same price as it is here or more expensive.

I am also buying direct from each of the company, they have their stores and boutique here in Westfield. Make up stores like Mac,Napoleon and more are here, Clothing stores like Hugo Boss,BCBG,Max Studio,Burberry and Louis Vuiton which opened last year.
Nordstrom,Macy,Nieman Marcus and even leather places like Micheal Kors,FURLA,Charles David and more!!

I can't stand fake, it's annoying and I honestly don't see the point cos the original is always so much better and last a life time.

I haven't started selling but I want to look into it and start, I just needed ideas and opinions on how to go about it smiley.
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Nobody: 3:36am On Feb 26, 2010
Hmmmm, on a second thought, maybe I should start selling on here in Nairaland tongue
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by ALUSI: 5:41pm On Feb 26, 2010
Do you sell Louis Vuitton?
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Jcob(m): 6:25pm On Feb 26, 2010
IMHO,

Since you have direct access to the main stores, you can be the " stop over store for all designers"
Sell products using your brand name
Send mails to micro stores in town, selling authetic clothings to them and taking care of the shipping at a very competitive price.
Target individuals through sms ad. And set up an interactive seo website. Set up a mailing list and do a regular fashion update. Be the fashion freaks mentor, carry them along. Let them see that u re the best . Etc.
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Smi1(m): 7:27pm On Feb 26, 2010
jellybean:

Hmmmm, on a second thought, maybe I should start selling on here in Nairaland tongue

That's a brilliant idea from you, then contact the admins and let them know about it
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Jcob(m): 9:51pm On Feb 26, 2010
Where is my post ?
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Jcob(m): 9:59pm On Feb 26, 2010
@ jelly, go thru my profile to check last posts. The spambot disabled my post from showing.
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Nobody: 3:02am On Feb 27, 2010
ALUSI:

Do you sell Louis Vuitton?

Oh hell yea! The Louis Vuitton boutique opened just few months back, very lovely no joke!!!
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Nobody: 3:03am On Feb 27, 2010
S@mi:

That's a brilliant idea from you, then contact the admins and let them know about it

Really!! I just might do that then. wink
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Nobody: 3:04am On Feb 27, 2010
Jcob:

@ jelly, go thru my profile to check last posts. The spambot disabled my post from showing.

Okay, will do. thanks!
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Jcob(m): 6:39am On Feb 27, 2010
jellybean:

Okay, will do. thanks!
IMHO,

Since you have direct access to the main stores, you can be the " stop over store for all designers"
Sell products using your brand name
Send notices to micro stores in town, selling authetic clothings to them and taking care of the shipping at a very competitive price.
Target individuals through sms ad. And set up an interactive site. Set up a list of customers and do a regular fashion update. Be the fashion freaks mentor, carry them along. Let them see that u re the best . Etc . Selling on Nairaland would be through posts, as the admin wont allow special ads. And if you are not careful, the spambot kicks your ass.
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by madlady(f): 8:16am On Feb 27, 2010
jellybean:

I was thinking Naija as I know Uk peeps do have the designer stores and outlets, dunno if it's the same price as it is here or more expensive.

I am also buying direct from each of the company, they have their stores and boutique here in Westfield. Make up stores like Mac,Napoleon and more are here, Clothing stores like Hugo Boss,BCBG,Max Studio,Burberry and Louis Vuiton which opened last year.
Nordstrom,Macy,Nieman Marcus and even leather places like Micheal Kors,FURLA,Charles David and more!!

I can't stand fake, it's annoying and I honestly don't see the point cos the original is always so much better and last a life time.

I haven't started selling but I want to look into it and start, I just needed ideas and opinions on how to go about it smiley.

@Poster do you have any FURLA BAGS or LEATHER GOODS, I would be keen to buy if you have.
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 27, 2010
madlady:

@Poster do you have any FURLA BAGS or LEATHER GOODS, I would be keen to buy if you have.

Yes there's FURLA bags and accesories as well as other leather goods and shoes like Charles David,Ferragamo,steve madden,tumi,jimmy choo,hugo boss,louis vuitton and others.

(btw, I do work part time with Furla) wink
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by madlady(f): 12:02pm On Feb 27, 2010
jellybean:

Yes there's FURLA bags and accesories as well as other leather goods and shoes like Charles David,Ferragamo,steve madden,tumi,jimmy choo,hugo boss,louis vuitton and others.

(btw, I do work part time with Furla) wink

I am very keen to purchase Furla items, they are not faked so I feel happy to buy them.

I want to re-sell so the price really is important.

My camera seems to be faulty other wise I would post pictures of what I need, I may still have a few photos of some in my computer, I will check and come back later.

Ferragamo I love and could easily re-sell put not sure of that line so I would need to check and get back to you.
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 27, 2010
madlady:

I am very keen to purchase Furla items, they are not faked so I feel happy to buy them.

I want to re-sell so the price really is important.

My camera seems to be faulty other wise I would post pictures of what I need, I may still have a few photos of some in my computer, I will check and come back later.

Ferragamo I love and could easily re-sell put not sure of that line so I would need to check and get back to you.

LOL I will definately give a good discount on the FURLA handbags,don't worry about that. grin

Try posting some of the pics of the bags you want, is it from the 2010 collection or old season?
Ferragamo is really great as well, the store has the feel good smell of leather! tongue
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Smi1(m): 1:21pm On Feb 27, 2010
@jellybean, What up ?? have you contacted the admins or do you have something else in mind ? I also think you might need a website just to able to subscribe on google advert and show some of your products then from there you will move up gradualy
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by ayettymama(f): 3:19pm On Feb 27, 2010
you cant sell original designer items in naija (well the major ones anyways)

unless ur sellin to the presido's wife and co and ull need alot of capital to do that

you cant sell minor designer brands cos nigeria want things that are recognised

u can sell things like real designer sunglasses and stuff

but the knock offs could put u out of businesss!

i think u should focus on brands of low cost and high quality

im goin all out wiv ,my store- focusin more on the art of fashion rather than the clothes itself

but good luck to u sha
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by madlady(f): 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2010
jellybean:

LOL I will definately give a good discount on the FURLA handbags,don't worry about that. grin

Try posting some of the pics of the bags you want, is it from the 2010 collection or old season?
Ferragamo is really great as well, the store has the feel good smell of leather! tongue

Well actually I need old seasons, but not really fussy just must  be large TOTES, smart shopping bags.
I can sell to work colleagues, we all stop at the supermarket on the way home.

I would also like make-up bags, large size.

Would you also be able to get the the last  bag I have shown, it's from the 2010 collection.

Oh, just looked around,it seems things are different with regards to FURLA.

Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 28, 2010
madlady:

Well actually I need old seasons, but not really fussy just must be large TOTES, smart shopping bags.
I can sell to work colleagues, we all stop at the supermarket on the way home.
I would also like make-up bags, large size.
Would you also be able to get the the last bag I have shown, it's from the 2010 collection.
Oh, just looked around,it seems things are different with regards to FURLA.

Some old season are still available, the blue bag is not available anymore in the croc leather, I only have the nappa leather in that.
The shiny white called carmen is not available in that colour, i have attached the patent black leather one available and the nappa leather. I also attached other tote pictures as well.
I currently have that exact makeup kit, it's a 3 set piece and it comes in different colours. I also have the single make up kit as well.

How do you mean things are different with furla?

Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by ayettymama(f): 12:25am On Feb 28, 2010
OMG the 1st one is amaaaazing!!!!

why havent i heard of these guys b4??

thats it- im goin mayfair instead of church tommorow!lolz
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Nobody: 12:46am On Feb 28, 2010
ayettymama:

you cant sell original designer items in naija (well the major ones anyways)
unless your sellin to the presido's wife and co and ull need alot of capital to do that
you cant sell minor designer brands cos nigeria want things that are recognised
u can sell things like real designer sunglasses and stuff
but the knock offs could put u out of businesss!
i think u should focus on brands of low cost and high quality
im goin all out wiv ,my store- focusin more on the art of fashion rather than the clothes itself
but good luck to u sha
Why will you say we can't sell original in naija
There are of course brands with low cost and HIGH quality believe me, it depends on what the individual wants. There are a lot of nigerians that can afford designer stuff not only presido wife. grin
If everything clicks, I intend selling High,Mid and Low cost brands and na u go buy first grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Nobody: 12:52am On Feb 28, 2010
ayettymama:

OMG the 1st one is amaaaazing!!!!
why havent i heard of these guys b4??
thats it- im goin mayfair instead of church tommorow!lolz

Oh yes it is! these are some other cute bags wink

Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by ayettymama(f): 12:54am On Feb 28, 2010
^^
ok when u say designer brands what brands exactly are u talking abt??

cos wen i hear designers- im thinkin- magazine, browns, runaway

everything else is a counterfiet!! grin grin grin

soo say brands like gucci, burberry, miu miu, luis vuitton so on so on

on avg- thier decent lookin (ive seen the wakass £500 ones) bags go for £800 upwards

lets say u sample sale, factory retail, bargain your way to the good ones at £500- thats 125, 000 naira

im nt even gna continue talkin- you go and find me ONE person livin in naija- that will buy a 125000 naira bag

and ill leave u be!
(im not sayin they are non existent) im jussayin its highly unlikely borderlinin mission impossible!
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by chika98: 1:35am On Feb 28, 2010
Not everyone in Nigeria can afford big Designer names. We are talking Tom Ford, LV, Prada, Gucci, Burberry,Louboutin and the rest of em. Think deeply about this before you venture out on it. I cannot even afford these brand names sef
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Nobody: 2:23am On Feb 28, 2010
ayettymama:

^^
ok when u say designer brands what brands exactly are u talking abt??
cos wen i hear designers- im thinkin- magazine, browns, runaway
everything else is a counterfiet!! grin grin grin
My girl relax jarre, how can you say everything else is a counterfiet? According to "The Celebrity", this na messup! grin

There are over thousands of brands that are way more affordable and last as long as the High end ones. We have White House/Black Market,Nine west,Bakers,Wild pairs,Bebe and so on!! Make we even go down a bit to a much more affordable brand like forever21,love story,love culture,ANGL,Pink Ice,Charlotte Rousse and so on,

Babe, there is a difference with Affordable Brand and Counterfiet. smiley
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by ayettymama(f): 2:28am On Feb 28, 2010
ok

yea ur kool then

thats exactly what i plan to do-

openin store this august hpefully

wiv a bang and a fashion show!

sell anything that you no looks nice

dont think of the brand or the designer

just the price and the quality

and make a profit! good lucks to u xx
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Nobody: 2:28am On Feb 28, 2010
chika98:

Not everyone in Nigeria can afford big Designer names. We are talking Tom Ford, LV, Prada, Gucci, Burberry,Louboutin and the rest of em. Think deeply about this before you venture out on it. I cannot even afford these brand names sef

Na wa o! Ok make i rephrase, If I was to go into this, of course is what people can afford I will bring to the table. There are a million other brand names that have fantastic quality. I wasn't thinking of just High end brand names like Burberry and co. I got my mum a matching silver clutch and shoes from bakers which was approximately $250 together and she loved them and guess what, 3 years later and it's still going strong and kampe!

I have thought about it and still thinking, there are three levels to this whole brand kini;
High end cost brand
Mid end cost brand
and Low end cost brand.

I rest my case grin
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by chika98: 2:31am On Feb 28, 2010
jellybean:

Na wa o! Ok make i rephrase, If I was to go into this, of course is what people can afford I will bring to the table. There are a million other brand names that have fantastic quality. I wasn't thinking of just High end brand names like Burberry and co. I got my mum a matching silver clutch and shoes from bakers which was approximately $250 together and she loved them and guess what, 3 years later and it's still going strong and kampe!

I have thought about it and still thinking, there are three levels to this whole brand kini;
High end cost brand
Mid end cost brand
and Low end cost brand.

I rest my case grin

Okay I get it now. Oya no vex o! Carry on then.
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Nobody: 2:32am On Feb 28, 2010
Where in the states are you?

And you're Nigerian?

If you're close by, I'm already your devoted customer. . . .

If not, try to sell on ebay. I shop from Nigerians on ebay wink
Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions Please. by Nobody: 2:34am On Feb 28, 2010
ayettymama:

ok
yea your kool then
thats exactly what i plan to do-
openin store this august hpefully
wiv a bang and a fashion show!
sell anything that you no looks nice
dont think of the brand or the designer
just the price and the quality
and make a profit! good lucks to u xx

Exactly my sister, that's what a naija chick is currently doing on facebook and she's having a huge sucess on there.

Goodluck on the store and fashion show front. Fingers crossed. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: What Will You Have To Say About This Swag / Timberland Boots In Nigeria! / 20+ 2018 LATEST FEMALE ANKARA Designs.(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.