Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Did I Make The Right Decision? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Did I Make The Right Decision? (518 Views)

What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? / Help Someone Make The Right Choice / I Need To Make The Right Decision!! MSc or Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Make The Right Decision? by Onequietgirl: 11:27pm On Sep 07, 2017
I turned down a job offer of 40k (although pay is quite low but the conditions of working in a school would have favored me) because I did not have my marriage certificate.

Hubby and I are separated and he took it with him. Should I have explained that to the management or would it be revealing too much personal information or did I make the right decision of simply bowing out because I can't produce the certificate?
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision? by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 08, 2017
Truth sets free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision? by Businessideas: 12:36am On Sep 08, 2017
Onequietgirl:
I turned down a job offer of 40k (although pay is quite low but the conditions of working in a school would have favored me) because I did not have my marriage certificate.

Hubby and I are separated and he took it with him. Should I have explained that to the management or would it be revealing too much personal information or did I make the right decision of simply bowing out because I can't produce the certificate?
N40K isn't so glamorous a salary for you to be this worried if the separation hasn't had its toll on your self esteem.My advice to you is to be strong and read about women who made phenomenal success even after they were abandoned by their spouses.A case in point is the author of the Harry Potter series.I wish you good luck
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision? by Zeze06(m): 6:28am On Sep 08, 2017
cry

You both separated and he took the certificate with him?? You must have really angered him! embarassed
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision? by eghuan1(m): 7:17am On Sep 08, 2017
Zeze06:
cry

You both separated and he took the certificate with him?? You must have really angered him! embarassed

Stop jumping into unnecessary conclusions

(1) (Reply)

World Physiotherapy Day / Do You Want New Business Ideas?-or A Business Plan? / Abuja Base Duo Comedian Hang Out With Kenneth Omeruo In Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.