Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,825 members, 7,844,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Finally Comes To An Agreement With FG To Suspend Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Finally Comes To An Agreement With FG To Suspend Strike (574 Views)

No Agreement Yet To Suspend Strike ― ASUU / ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy / ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Finally Comes To An Agreement With FG To Suspend Strike by Manson1(m): 9:15am On Sep 08, 2017
ASUU Strike: Lecturers meet Nigerian govt delegation
The striking university lecturers, ASUU, have agreed to consider the federal government’s offer and suspend their strike.

The meeting started 1:38pm on Thursday and ended 2:15 a.m. on Friday. The agreement comes after 12 and half hours, of a closed door meeting between ASUU and a government delegation in Abuja.

The Union however, said though it accepted the proposal presented by the government, it will take the proposal to its members for consideration, and get back to the government in a week.

The national president of ASUU, Biodun Ogunyemi told journalists after the meeting that the union will come back after one week to take its final decisions.

The Minister of Education , Adamu Adamu, added that ASUU’s demands have been addressed and the union will get back to the government in a week after consulting with its principals.

Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Finally Comes To An Agreement With FG To Suspend Strike by Kjking(m): 9:18am On Sep 08, 2017
OK good job but what of NASU
Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Finally Comes To An Agreement With FG To Suspend Strike by junketer(m): 9:26am On Sep 08, 2017
My sister spent 6 years on a 4 year course because of these ASUU strikes. I laugh when people say Nigeria will get better. No it won't, not with this system we have. Now students have wasted some months because ASUU has been on strike. Smh.
Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Finally Comes To An Agreement With FG To Suspend Strike by Dacman(m): 9:45am On Sep 08, 2017
Make e be so make I for go round up my mata

(1) (Reply)

Uniport Cancels Post Utme / Who Can Translate This To Correct English. / 2017/2018 Guinness Nigeria Graduate Skills Development Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.