Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,462 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Hyundai Sonata 2012 Fault - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai Sonata 2012 Fault (2254 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / The 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid And Its Solar Roof / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hyundai Sonata 2012 Fault by segzyndpep(m): 10:08am On Sep 08, 2017
Having interest in purchasing hyundai sonata 2012 since i want to try something new and classy,and also for the fact that i will
feel safer driving not minding car snatcher much.I decided to check the hyundai reviews on www.carcomplaints.com and after reading i
realise many users complain of engine knocking after 154,000miles or less without prior notice.

I know the Americans mostly do not maintain there car as they should but seeing different complain from different user
with the same fault makes me conclude it might be factory fault.and it is common in hyundai sonata 2011-2013.
the late model are perfect as no complain.

Please hyundai user should please help shed more light especially the model stated.Or any hyundai technician can also do the same.
as i already fall in love with this car and i do travel alot,i dont want something that will disappoint me on highway.
Re: Hyundai Sonata 2012 Fault by princetom1(m): 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2017
segzyndpep:
Having interest in purchasing hyundai sonata 2012 since i want to try something new and classy,and also for the fact that i will
feel safer driving not minding car snatcher much.I decided to check the hyundai reviews on www.carcomplaints.com and after reading i
realise many users complain of engine knocking after 154,000miles or less without prior notice.

I know the Americans mostly do not maintain there car as they should but seeing different complain from different user
with the same fault makes me conclude it might be factory fault.and it is common in hyundai sonata 2011-2013.
the late model are perfect as no complain.

Please hyundai user should please help shed more light especially the model stated.Or any hyundai technician can also do the same.
as i already fall in love with this car and i do travel alot,i dont want something that will disappoint me on highway.

GAZZUZZ
Re: Hyundai Sonata 2012 Fault by diportivo: 2:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
princetom1:

GAZZUZZ

wetin make gazzuzz do?

convince a thomas

i personally dont like the i4 version cos im wondering why a car that big will have a small engine grin

but then,i think we are entitled to drive what we love...
Re: Hyundai Sonata 2012 Fault by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:56pm On Sep 08, 2017
crappy car. GDI crappy, V6 crappy. Best bet, get the naturally aspirated I4 with fuel injection.
Re: Hyundai Sonata 2012 Fault by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:57pm On Sep 08, 2017
diportivo:

wetin make gazzuzz do?

convince a thomas

i personally dont like the i4 version cos im wondering why a car that big will have a small engine grin

but then,i think we are entitled to drive what we love...

sebi you ave moved to another V6..... wehdone sir.

Your Mobil1 5w30 is still waiting for you in my workshop.
Re: Hyundai Sonata 2012 Fault by mechanices: 4:23pm On Sep 08, 2017
too me is gud car if wants to buy it, am a mechanic hv work for Hyundai for yrs the problem is if don't service the car regularly you ill have problem it happen to others car too for more info you can call me on 0096985925 am Dayo enjoy ur ride.
Re: Hyundai Sonata 2012 Fault by segzyndpep(m): 5:25pm On Sep 08, 2017
Thanks kindly check te reviews on the website i stated and also state the major problem you notice since u have been working on hyundai sonata..especially the 2011

quote author=mechanices post=60259330]too me is gud car if wants to buy it, am a mechanic hv work for Hyundai for yrs the problem is if don't service the car regularly you ill have problem it happen to others car too for more info you can call me on 0096985925 am Dayo enjoy ur ride.[/quote]
Re: Hyundai Sonata 2012 Fault by Readonee35L(m): 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
crappy car. GDI crappy, V6 crappy. Best bet, get the naturally aspirated I4 with fuel injection.

That car is not offered with a v6 option.

The available engines are.

2.0 L Theta 163 hp (122 kW), I4
2.0 L Theta Turbo 274 hp (204 kW), I4[26]
2.4 L Theta II 176 hp (131 kW), I4
2.4 L Theta GDi, 200 hp (150 kW), I4

Most common ones offered In USA and African market is the 2.4L theta II and 2.4 Gdi

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

URGENT Help Needed - Recommend A Reliable FORD EDGE 2008 Mechanic / Exotic Official Cars Of Buhari, Jonathan, Trump And Other World Leaders / I Need A Car, 600k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.