Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,663 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Design Ideas For Electricity Generation. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Design Ideas For Electricity Generation. (5221 Views)

Made-In-Akwa Ibom Electricity Meters Hit Market In March (photo) / Cost Of Different Sources Of Electricity In Nigeria / Human Waste For Electricity, Do You Support It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Design Ideas For Electricity Generation. by iukpe: 11:56am On Feb 25, 2010
I was thinking sometime of ways of making free electricity and somehow a few "crazy" ideas have come to my mind. While i post mine, I will also like some modifications to my designs, other contributions and suggestions to prove or disprove the ideas. trust me they are all designs i will love to try at home.

This first one consists of an AC alternator, Ac electric motor fitted with a flywheel to ensure torque is kept at average. and a start-up engine which is needed at start up.

The engine is first started up to initiate the initial electricity generation from the alternator which in turn is expected to drive the motor which drives the alternator in return. The idea is that the engine could be switched off to allow the already running alternator to power the motor that drives it. thereby  creating a continuous running generator with the energy source being its own inertia. However the design idea specifies that the engine drive shaft be fitted with a gear system that will allow it to be set to a frictionless neutral position after the motor is running to eliminate the drag of the engine shaft when out of operation.

Of course the setback to this design would be fluctuating loads or increasing loads, but will it work at all?

Lets try this at home!

Re: Design Ideas For Electricity Generation. by iukpe: 9:17pm On Mar 02, 2010
This is another one. a hydro electricity generator. would cost quite a bit to construct but might be worth the try. I have no estimates for tank size, pump capacity or turbine pipe diameter (ie gallons per min) etc etc, but the main overhead water tank needs to be replenished at the same rate of discharge to ensure that the tank is not emptied while generator is in operation. This project can be useful for small communities and holiday resorts.
be willing to try this someday at a very small scale maybe.

Re: Design Ideas For Electricity Generation. by Badro(m): 8:17pm On Mar 04, 2010
Sure it might work well have think about the cost implications.

Re: Design Ideas For Electricity Generation. by elbat: 6:55pm On Mar 05, 2010
I think you need to consider the law of energy that energy can neither be created nor destroyed but can only be transformed from one form to the other. By virtue of the startup motor, you are introducing energy into the system. By virtue of the AC output you have taken same out. So where will the power be to sustain the setup?
Re: Design Ideas For Electricity Generation. by inforalph(m): 5:48pm On Mar 08, 2010
You need to see this website!
www.powtechpower.com
this is the power generation for the future.
Re: Design Ideas For Electricity Generation. by elbat: 9:05am On Mar 09, 2010
I cannot see any innovative or novel solution from your website,
What exactly is the company into? don't look interesting at all.
Re: Design Ideas For Electricity Generation. by Sylvan(m): 10:02pm On Jul 01, 2010
@Poster, have you heard of the concept of 'Perpetual Motion'?

Both ideas you proposed will not work. The reason is that the generator is not 100% efficient, so it won't convert all the input mechanical energy to electricity - some go as noise and heat. Actual generator efficiency is less than 50%.
The motor is also not 100% efficient for the same reasons. The physical implication is that you would need some sort of energy input into the system.
Even if you can get it to work, you wouldn't be able to get any energy out of the system, otherwise you would run it down.

So, the ideas won't work. But u can try, though.
grin
Re: Design Ideas For Electricity Generation. by baccifinejewelry: 7:16am On Jul 20, 2010
I think that should work. But you need also extra budget on that to start on.

diamond jewelry gifts

(1) (Reply)

Create A Free Yahoo Email Account,yahoo Sign Up And Yahoo Registrationcreate A F / Where Can I Purchase Liquid Nitrogen? / I Buy Bitcoin & Itunes/amazon/steam Wallet Gift Cards Of Any Amount

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.