Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,379 members, 7,864,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:36 AM

Seeking Vain- Glory. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seeking Vain- Glory. (384 Views)

Vain Glory IV / Vain Glory II / Vain Glory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seeking Vain- Glory. by Chuks4prince(m): 4:56am On Sep 09, 2017
Centre verse (Galatians 5:26)"Let us not be desirous of vain glory,provoking one another, envying one another. "TEXT GALATIANS 5:22-26. One of the games star was at the peak of his career in the world: Yet he desired to attempt suicide. He had this to say," I had won two extraordinary trophies before, as the youngest player. I had everything I needed,I enjoyed every material possessions my eyes desire... It is the same behaviour of one of the movie stars and pop stars who committed suicide. They were rich having everything they wanted,and yet they were in sad countenance. I had no peace of mind. I was a puppet on a string." The young games star by name Boris Becker was not the only person to have felt such sense of emptiness and seeking vain glory. There are a lot of people in our national theaters shouting above their voices. You must not read several contemporary life stories to find the similar frustration among people this days. Often be in agreement that there is nothing at the very peak of life,except in Christ Jesus our Lord. If your role models in life are celebrities, footballers, music stars and among others,then you have missed the high way to life eternal because you are living in the world of fantasies." Seek ye the LORD while he may be found,call ye upon him while he is near: let the wicked forsake his way,and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD,and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God,for he will abundantly pardon "(Isaiah 55:6,7). REMEMBER THIS: Weigh the long- term results of your actions. Further Bible verses: Psalm 31:3,32:8.Source:http://christiangospelng..com.ng/2017/09/seeking-vain-glory.html Labels: Daily devotional, Bible study, Bible KJV, Message Bible, Holy Bible, Bible.
Re: Seeking Vain- Glory. by Chuks4prince(m): 4:56am On Sep 09, 2017
Chuks4prince:
Centre verse (Galatians 5:26)"Let us not be desirous of vain glory,provoking one another, envying one another. "TEXT GALATIANS 5:22-26. One of the games star was at the peak of his career in the world: Yet he desired to attempt suicide. He had this to say," I had won two extraordinary trophies before, as the youngest player. I had everything I needed,I enjoyed every material possessions my eyes desire... It is the same behaviour of one of the movie stars and pop stars who committed suicide. They were rich having everything they wanted,and yet they were in sad countenance. I had no peace of mind. I was a puppet on a string." The young games star by name Boris Becker was not the only person to have felt such sense of emptiness and seeking vain glory. There are a lot of people in our national theaters shouting above their voices. You must not read several contemporary life stories to find the similar frustration among people this days. Often be in agreement that there is nothing at the very peak of life,except in Christ Jesus our Lord. If your role models in life are celebrities, footballers, music stars and among others,then you have missed the high way to life eternal because you are living in the world of fantasies." Seek ye the LORD while he may be found,call ye upon him while he is near: let the wicked forsake his way,and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD,and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God,for he will abundantly pardon "(Isaiah 55:6,7). REMEMBER THIS: Weigh the long- term results of your actions. Further Bible verses: Psalm 31:3,32:8.Source:http://christiangospelng..com.ng/2017/09/seeking-vain-glory.html Labels: Daily devotional, Bible study, Bible KJV, Message Bible, Holy Bible, Bible.
" Weigh your actions "
Re: Seeking Vain- Glory. by Chuks4prince(m): 10:17am On Sep 09, 2017
Chuks4prince:
" The brightness of Christ's advent will reveal the true character of those things which were previously hidden by darkness "(Geoffrey B. Wilson)
Re: Seeking Vain- Glory. by Chuks4prince(m): 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2017
Chuks4prince:
" He who kneels most,stands the best. "(D. L. Moody)

(1) (Reply)

A Divine Curse / Wisely Handling The Bible’s Wise Sayings / Christian Stop The Complaints, Take Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.