Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Malaysian Government Blocks Controversial Religious Game, (fight Of Gods) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Malaysian Government Blocks Controversial Religious Game, (fight Of Gods) (1358 Views)

Cars Vs Parking Blocks � / Injustice Gods Among Us Apk Mod + OBB V3.3.1 Highly Compressed / Gods I Was A Squire Then (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malaysian Government Blocks Controversial Religious Game, (fight Of Gods) by geek212update(m): 8:26am On Sep 09, 2017
the Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) has decided to block the entire country's access to Valve's Steam store following the company's refusal to remove a controversial fighting game involving religious figures.

The game in question, Fight of Gods, is a pretty standard fighting game except that it features religious figures ranging from Jesus to Odin where they basically beat the crap out of each other. In a report by the country's national news agency BERNAMA, Salleh Said Keruak, Malaysia's Minister of Communication and Multimedia said that this was done to help maintain solidarity and harmony amongst the people in the country who are of different faiths.

“This action is necessary to protect the users and to prevent untoward incidents. (To ensure) solidarity, harmony and wellbeing of the multi-racial and multi-religious people in the country are the main objectives of the government. The government will not compromise with any action that can jeopardise these objectives.”

The game's publisher PQube has since stated that they have not received any communications from Malaysian officials regarding the game, but it seems that they won't be contesting it either. “We are disappointed that such freedom of choice is not given to everyone and in particular that the game has been forcibly removed from sale in Malaysia, although no direct communication has been received by us as to the reasons for this. Nevertheless we respect any rules and censorship imposed in any given territory.

Watch the video game: http://www.geek212.tk/2017/09/malaysian-government-blocks.html?m=1

2 Shares

Re: Malaysian Government Blocks Controversial Religious Game, (fight Of Gods) by smartty68(m): 8:29am On Sep 09, 2017
The game in question, Fight of Gods, is a pretty standard fighting game except that it features religious figures ranging from Jesus to Odin where they basically beat the crap out of each other. In a report by the country's national news agency BERNAMA, Salleh Said Keruak, Malaysia's Minister of Communication and Multimedia said that this was done to help maintain solidarity and harmony amongst the people in the country who are of different faiths.

Ahhhhhhh shocked
Re: Malaysian Government Blocks Controversial Religious Game, (fight Of Gods) by abduldope(m): 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2017
mhn am I the only one seeing this Game as a funny game ?
Re: Malaysian Government Blocks Controversial Religious Game, (fight Of Gods) by ericca: 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2017
I have not tried this game. Therefore, I cannot fully assess the content. Having that said, let me just rationalize both sides.

For the developers, I believe that they just want entertainment for gamers. The nature of the game may be enticing to some gamers. As developers, it is their job to cater to that. For the Malaysian govt, they may have viewed this as offending religious sensitivities. As a government, it is their duty to ensure that everyone is protected regardless of religion.

I hope they can work out a solution to this. Both sides can win with compromise.
Re: Malaysian Government Blocks Controversial Religious Game, (fight Of Gods) by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 11, 2017
I'm sure mohamed is not in the game if not by now we for don hear say people don die

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Government Blocks Controversial Religious Game, (fight Of Gods) by ericca: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2017
Can someone who tried this game comment? I want to know if he felt offended. Gamers are usually accepting of these genres.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Myths Story Line Development For A 3D Game / Azigo Game App! The African Board Game. / The Wonders Of Playing Video Games To Your Brain- Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.