Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/09/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/09/17 (950 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/09/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/09/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/09/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/09/17 by dallyemmy: 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SUNDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER 2017

THEME: HE IS AT THE DOOR!

Memorise:

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

Read: Revelation 3:19-22

3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

God is a God of order, and Heaven is a place of order. Heaven is also a place where everything revolves around the will of the Owner: God. There is protocol in Heaven and a hierarchy or authority which must be respected. For this reason, when accessing God’s presence, the manner of approach really matters. How you enter into a room or house will determine whether you will be welcomed or chased out. Do you know that even God subjects Himself to the law of order? In Revelation 3:20, Jesus said,

“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

Although God created us, He still has to knock and wait to be invited in before He enters into our hearts. Even though He created the space in your heart for Himself, he still doesn’t force Himself into that space. You are the one to decide if and when He should come in or not.

In Genesis 18:1-8, Abraham saw some divine visitors near his tent. He ran to meet them, pleading for the opportunity to be hospitable to them. In this instance also, you can see that God waited to be invited in. similarly, in Genesis 19:1-3, when the two angels arrived in Sodom, Lot invited them in to spend the night. Also, in 2 Kings 4:8, Elisha was just passing by when the Shunammite woman invited him into her house for lunch, and even though he said he was not hungry, the woman practically compelled him to come in. From that day forward, whenever Elisha passed by, he stopped over at her house.

God waits to be invited in because of His humility, and due to the fact that He does not want to impose Himself on us. Also, He created us as free moral agents and not as zombies or robots: He wants us to be free to express our own will. In addition, He wants us to be able to bear the consequences of our actions and not hold Him responsible for what we do. He also wants to be able to determine if we truly love Him and whether we desire to follow Him or not. If you are not yet born again, you have been keeping the Saviour waiting all these years. Please answer the knock on the door of your heart, kindly invite Jesus in, and surrender your whole life to him. Doing this is in your own interest.

Action Point:
Invite Jesus into every area of your life from which you have shut Him out.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 21-23
Ezekiel 39:9-20

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 12:  HOW SWEET THE NAME OF JESUS

1. How sweet the Name of Jesus sounds
In a believer’s ear!
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds,
And drives away our fear.

2. It makes the wounded spirit whole,
And calms the troubled breast;
’Tis manna to the hungry soul,
And to the weary, rest.

3. O Jesus, Shepherd, Guardian, Friend,
My Prophet, Priest and King,
My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End,
Accept the praise I bring.

4. How weak the effort of my heart,
how cold my warmest thought;
But when I see Thee as Thou art,
I’ll praise Thee as I ought.

5. Till then I would your love proclaim
With every fleeting breath,
And may the music of your Name
Refresh my soul in death!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/09/17 by lafflaff123(m): 4:59pm On Sep 09, 2017
Amen.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/09/17 by lafflaff123(m): 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2017
Do you remember this thread from 2 Years ago?

https://www.nairaland.com/2079942/appreciation-nairalander-called-dallyemmy

Keep doing your good work.

4 Likes

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/09/17 by Ibukunore06: 3:35am On Sep 10, 2017
��� *LET US PRAY* ���

.. _*SUNDAY, September 10, 2017*_

*PRAYER POINTS* :- _HE IS AT THE DOOR!_

1. *THANKSGIVINGS* .

2. *INTERCESSIONS/SUPPLICATIONS.*

3. *PRAYERS FROM OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONALkiss

----- Father, i thank you for *YOU ARE THE GOD OF ORDER.*

*_---- Father, I thank you for saving me and for the salvation of my soul....._*

*_---- Father, I thank you for the grace to be amongst the living, today;......_*

----- *_Father, from today, Please take charge of every area of my life, in Jesus’ Name......_*

----- *_Father, from today, please let Your access into my life be unlimited and without inhibition, in Jesus’ Name......_*

----- *_Father, please set my entire life in order in accordance to your will, in Jesus' Name......_*

----- *_Father, from today, please help me not to misuse Your grace that is upon my life, in Jesus' Name........_*

4. *PERSONAL PRAYERS REQUESTS:*
-- (John 16:23 - 24,
-- LUKE 18:1,
-- MATT 7:7 - cool......

---- FATHER, I thank you for the answers, for in *JESUS MIGHTY* Name I have Prayed.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/09/17 by dupsai(f): 7:00am On Sep 10, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: (Sunday, September 10th, 2017) - HE IS AT THE DOOR!

1.I worship you, Father, for being a God of law and order.

2.Thank you, Father, for your chastening, rebukes, corrections and guidance at all times.

3.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus' name.

4.Father, sanctify and cleanse me with the blood of Jesus, that you may find my life worthy of your habitation, in Jesus' name.

5.Father, I open the door of my heart to you, please, come in, and make my life, your permanent place of abode, in Jesus' name.

6.Father, please, make me an overcomer, that l may be granted the grace to sit on the throne, with your son, Jesus, in Jesus' name.

7.Father, l surrender my power of choice and freewill to you; please, guide me, and help me to always make the right choices in life, in Jesus' name.

8.Father, inspire me to always do things that will provoke your blessings and presence, in my life, in Jesus' name.

9.Father, in any area of my life that l have shut you out, please, come now, and take control and preeminence, in Jesus' name.

10.Father, uphold me by your right hand of righteousness till the end; let me never backslide or go back into the world, in Jesus' name.

11.Father, help me to fulfill my destiny, and to make heaven at last, in Jesus' name.

12.Your Personal petitions.
( Philippians 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.
(John 14:13-14; 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

(1) (Reply)

People Flock To Akure To Receive Healing From A 2-month-old Talking Baby / The Importance Of Evangelism – Pastor Nike Adeyemi / SEE: Even Muslims Are Acknowledging The Lordship Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.