Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

8 Ways Get Rid Of That Smell From Your Shoes - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 8 Ways Get Rid Of That Smell From Your Shoes (958 Views)

Order For Your Shoes (negotiable) / 8 Ways To Treat Dark Knuckles At Home / How To Shine Your Shoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Ways Get Rid Of That Smell From Your Shoes by easycleantips: 5:07pm On Sep 09, 2017
Shoe Odor can make you feel embarrassed when you need to remove your shoes in public. Because after removing the shoes the unpleasant sharp smell coming out of the shoes can be nauseating. You can easily get rid of the smell if you can identify why your shoes stink.

There are different reasons why your shoes smell. Try to identify the source or reason for the odor and eliminate it. E.g fungal infection or bacterial infection or just sweaty feet. Bacteria and fungus can cause very bad odor on the feet. The pathogens transfer to the shoes when you wear them and cause the shoes to stink.

Here are 8 ways you to get rid of that smell from your shoes.

1. Used (dry) tea bag can ward off foul smell in shoes. Place any used tea bag in each of your shoes in the evening and leave it overnight. Your shoes will be fresh the next morning.

2. When you take them off, put a dryer sheet in them. One in each. It absorbs the moisture from your sweating feet and that is what causes the odor. Leave it inside until you wear them again. Replace it in your shoes when you take them off.

3. Try not to wear your shoes every day. Give them a rest on occasion and wear some other shoes

4. Do not use a hair dryer on your shoes. You will dry out the leather and your shoes will not last long.

5. Sprinkle your shoes with Sodium Bicarbonate powder and leave it over night

6. Place some cotton balls sprayed with perfume in your shoe cabinet.8 ways get rid of the smell from your shoe

7. Crumple newspaper inside them for a day after wearing them to absorb the dampness. This helps to rid them of their smell as well

8. Make sure you wash your feet and use natural socks (light wool or cotton), and if they get become sweaty, you can dust them with talc or baby powder and dry them.

Easycleantips

Visit www.easycleantips.info for more tips

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways Get Rid Of That Smell From Your Shoes by LordIsaac(m): 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2017
Washing your socks daily if you have a pair is the only secret I'm comfortable with !

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways Get Rid Of That Smell From Your Shoes by Godmother(f): 9:18pm On Sep 09, 2017
LordIsaac:
Washing your socks daily if you have a pair is the only secret I'm comfortable with !
N

Nice tips, especially that about the bicarbonate soda.

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways Get Rid Of That Smell From Your Shoes by deewhone(f): 1:34am On Sep 10, 2017
That locust-bean odour. Nice tips
Re: 8 Ways Get Rid Of That Smell From Your Shoes by Ginaz(f): 11:04am On Sep 10, 2017
Reminds me of a day a friend came to visit me in school. She stepped into my room and I smelled funny stuff oozing around. She removed her shoes and kept it aside....jesu...come see odor. I was almost threw off the ground. I took the shoe from the room and kept it in the kitchen, I would have taken it outside but I don't want a situation they steal it on top my head. Till day break I could not sleep as the house was smelling bad.

It's an embarrassing something I could not even open up to tell her. It's her first time coming to my school for entry exams. I just gat to lock up. Thank Jesus for miracle as the odor died down the next day.
Re: 8 Ways Get Rid Of That Smell From Your Shoes by easycleantips: 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2017
Ginaz:
Reminds me of a day a friend came to visit me in school. She stepped into my room and I smelled funny stuff oozing around. She removed her shoes and kept it aside....jesu...come see odor. I was almost threw off the ground. I took the shoe from the room and kept it in the kitchen, I would have taken it outside but I don't want a situation they steal it on top my head. Till day break I could not sleep as the house was smelling bad.

It's an embarrassing something I could not even open up to tell her. It's her first time coming to my school for entry exams. I just gat to lock up. Thank Jesus for miracle as the odor died down the next day.

Hahahaha...quite hilarious
Re: 8 Ways Get Rid Of That Smell From Your Shoes by easycleantips: 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
LordIsaac:

Thanks. I will share more tips as i put them up in my blog.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Men's Oxford Shoe | Men's Hoodie | SOLD / Check Out The Most Beautiful Girl In Bayelsa / Shoes/office Wears For Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.