Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,332 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please (1761 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / First Owner Car HELP / Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2017
A week ago, i was negotiating price for a black Lexus 350 with someone at abuja. So we concluded and he agreed to drive the car down to Lagos on monday. I know this guy very well though, he's a friend.

Unfortunateky for me, yesterday, my neighbors car, a Lexus 350 was snatched at gun point, no luck tracing the car yet sad

Now I'm thinking how the news would go round that this very good neighbors car got stolen and just few days later I bought exactly the same car but different color though. Una know how we Nigerians dey reason. I need help please. Before they turn me to suspect. Should postpone buying the car or forget about car for now?
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please by Lovetinz(m): 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2017
Your username is one thing.
Your signature is another
!"'clears throat..
Buy the car and send it to my place,
I'll cruise around with it till your neighbors car is found. Or declared irretrievable.
Pls. Live up to your username.
Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please by greatnaija01: 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2017
DONT BUY ANY CAR AT ALL.... they will still talk... and it may still be stolen too. RELOCATE before buying. and IT MUST NOT BE the same o... at least not now

stupidity:
A week ago, i was negotiating price for a black Lexus 350 with someone at abuja. So we concluded and he agreed to drive the car down to Lagos on monday. I know this guy very well though, he's a friend.

Unfortunateky for me, yesterday, my neighbors car, a Lexus 350 was snatched at gun point, no luck tracing the car yet sad

Now I'm thinking how the news would go round that this very good neighbors car got stolen and just few days later I bought exactly the same car but different color though. Una know how we Nigerians dey reason. I need help please. Before they turn me to suspect. Should postpone buying the car or forget about car for now?

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please by RSVP: 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2017
You can go ahead and buy the car If you're the type that don't really give afuck about what pple say about you but I will strongly advice you not to do so cuz I know your not that stupid.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 09, 2017
Lovetinz:
!"'clears throat..
I'll cruise around with it till your neighbors car is found. Or declared irretrievable.
Cheers.
lol, Bros leave my username. I'm serious here.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2017
RSVP:
You can go ahead and buy the car If you're the type that don't really give afuck about what pple say about you but I will strongly advice you not to do so cuz I know your not that stupid as we think.

I can't take any shit bout me. I hate side talks. Thanks for the advice
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please by Lovetinz(m): 5:42pm On Sep 09, 2017
stupidity:
lol, Bros leave my username. I'm serious here.
In Nigeria, the way people perceive you should not be underestimated.
Buy the car, don't bring it home.. yet.

If my car was recently stolen, a lexus350 for that matter. I wouldn't want a close neighbour adding to my sorrow. Other neighbors might also talk behind you. And like I recently found out - sooner or later, You'll need your neighbours.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 09, 2017
Lovetinz:

In Nigeria, the way people perceive you should not be underestimated.
Buy the car, don't bring it home.. yet.

If my car was recently stolen, a lexus350 for that matter. I wouldn't want a close neighbour adding to my sorrow. Other neighbors might also talk behind you. And like I recently found out - sooner or later, You'll need your neighbours.
I'm not sure about buying the car and not bringing it home o, its better I leave it for now, you as e dey hot for person to buy new ride na, abibibgo park am for another town go dey warm the engine Every morning? Lol. Thanks for the tip.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please by princetom1(m): 5:55pm On Sep 09, 2017
stupidity:
I'm not sure about buying the car and not bringing it home o, its better I leave it for now, you as e dey hot for person to buy new ride na, abibibgo park am for another town go dey warm the engine Every morning? Lol. Thanks for the tip.

The most important thing is, wen u buy a vehicle, so that u don't end up like ur friend, make sure u install a tracker, i repeat, install a tracker

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please by Larryfest(m): 6:06pm On Sep 09, 2017
It's really sad how we blacks think most of the time so now because someone lost her baby another shouldn't give birth again but then it's what we grew up with...... Op if u really want to get that car please do you just might probably keep it somewhere for the main time till the shit dies down but weytin i dey talk sef When you didn't steal ur neighbor's car or something.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 09, 2017
Larryfest:
It's really sad how we blacks think most of the time so now because someone lost her baby another shouldn't give birth again but then it's what we grew up with...... Op if u really want to get that car please do you just might probably keep it somewhere for the main time till the shit dies down but weytin i dey talk sef When you didn't steal ur neighbor's car or something.
lol, that's the issue I'm having, I can't buy a new car and be afraid to flex it around for some stupid reasons. You know the joy that accompanies buying a new ride na. I just dey vex set.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please by jeyselassie(m): 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
Lovetinz:
!"'clears throat..
Cheers.
lol. Your own signature describes what u just said. You have a bad mouth.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please by pato405(m): 9:41pm On Sep 09, 2017
Doesn't matter at all. What if you had paid some amount as deposit for the car? will you ask for a refund knowing fully well that Nigerians hardly refund any payment made. As soon as you learnt of your neighbours loss you should have chipped it in that "you actually liked the car and you had made plans for yours to be delivered this week".. so when your car arrives, he will not be too surprised or raise eyebrows since you already said so.

That said, I really don't care what people say around me. Your VIN number, Engine number etc is different from his and there will certainly be other distinguishable features - Just incase you are "stupidly" thinking he will suspect your new car might be his? grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:29am On Sep 10, 2017
stupidity:

first and foremost, I just can't help it..
. I can't ignore your moniker and even if I succeeded ur signature is just in concordance with ur moniker.... haba, even the advice I wanted to give sef...... I've forgotten it. watin dey hapun sef, what was the question again?
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please by diportivo: 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2017
whats dis one above me saying?

(1) (Reply)

. / Suzuki Mini Bus - I Want To Buy / Tokunbo Cars Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.