Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Please Medical Advice. I Just Lost A Friend. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Medical Advice. I Just Lost A Friend. (874 Views)

Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) / Please Medical Practitioners help Educate "Do People In Coma Pass Excreat(poo)?" / A Friend Needs A Help On His Leg Challenge (Graphics Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Medical Advice. I Just Lost A Friend. by twilliamx(m): 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2017
I just lost a very good brother like friend. He died today and has been buried according to Islamic rites. We were told he suffered from acute liver problems. He was admitted on Tuesday and passed on today. I just wanted to ask from medical doctors in the house if its actually possible to just develop symptoms under a week and die that fast. I felt he was poisoned either through adverse drug effect cos he took malaria drug prior to his admission also I heard he had lots of drinks during the just concluded sallah celebration asides that I also noticed the doctor didn't want to come out straight regarding his findings on his cause of death. He only advised that a toxicology report will indicate exactly what killed him but they are Muslims so no time for autopsy.

I understand that God gives and God takes. But this was a guy I saw healthy and alive just last Saturday and exactly a week after he his gone! He was going to 38yrs later on this year. I suspect foul play but the medical practitioner can set things straight.

I just want to know if someone can die that fast due to liver disease.

Please ignore spelling errors.

I just want closure. Thanks in anticipation of your contribution.

Copy Lalasticlala
Re: Please Medical Advice. I Just Lost A Friend. by NCANpatroller: 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2017
RIP to the dead
Death dont give reason. Kind and cause of death wont bring your friend back
Mourn your friend in Peace and avoid alcohol
Acute liver disease can kill in matter of hours. If you take overdose of any drug eg paracetamol. It ll shut down the liver in 9 hours

1 Like

Re: Please Medical Advice. I Just Lost A Friend. by ifegadinma: 9:41pm On Sep 09, 2017
Drugs and alcohol generally degrade the liver but it isn't so noticeable cos d liver can regenerate from even as little as 25% of its original size. Ur friend obviously loved Alcholol and at d same time was on malaria drugs. Scientifically, there may b no foul play. RIP to d dead!

1 Like

Re: Please Medical Advice. I Just Lost A Friend. by auntysimbiat(f): 9:47pm On Sep 09, 2017
Only him can say when he has been keeping the symptoms to himself.. Don't assumed it started just a week before his death.

1 Like

Re: Please Medical Advice. I Just Lost A Friend. by twilliamx(m): 10:17pm On Sep 09, 2017
ifegadinma:
Drugs and alcohol generally degrade the liver but it isn't so noticeable cos d liver can regenerate from even as little as 25% of its original size. Ur friend obviously loved Alcholol and at d same time was on malaria drugs. Scientifically, there may b no foul play. RIP to d dead!

He wasn't much of an alcoholic person. Just occasionally like the sallah break.
Re: Please Medical Advice. I Just Lost A Friend. by ifegadinma: 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2017
twilliamx:

He wasn't much of an alcoholic person. Just occasionally like the sallah break.
Then possibly drug interaction. As in Alcohol-malaria drug interaction

(1) (Reply)

Help: I Need A Standard Gym Around Adeniran Ogunsanya, Surulere / Sign And Self Examination For Breast Cancer / Falsehood On The Salary Structures In The Health Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.