Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,440 members, 7,958,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:22 PM

Extortion By FRSC Officer At Osogbo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Extortion By FRSC Officer At Osogbo (711 Views)

FRSC Officer MJ Oni Slaps Man For Recording Him In Osun / Man Strips Naked, Fights An FRSC Officer In Benin (Photos, Video) / FRSC Officer Climbs A Car In Nasarawa To Stop Stubborn Driver. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extortion By FRSC Officer At Osogbo by Addamic: 1:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
I would like the FRSC organization to address the habit of extortion by its officers. An incident accurred to me at Osun state along osogbo-ikirun axis in front of Osun state house of assembly. There was a number of road safety officers on patrol in the morning at 9.30 am, 10th September,2017 when this incident occurred.

An officer by name Adebari S. (as seen on the name tag on his uniform) ordered me to stop my car which i did. He asked series of questions like 'where am i coming from and going to?', 'where are my car particulars and driver's license?', 'where are my fire extinguisher and C-caution?'' i satisfied all his questions and showed him all items he asked for. Somehow, he's bent on finding fault with my vehicle inwhich he could not find any.

He checked the tip of the car silencer at the back of my vehicle and notice some black deposit, he said my car engine has smoke emission problem, and that my car is not fit for driving. Really, that is far from the truth. He said he's going to impound my car and take it to their office. I pleaded with him that my car is not smoking, even other officers with him saw that my car is not smoking but are shy from telling officer ADEBARI S the truth.
After much delay he asked that i should bring 12,000 naira else he will take my car to their office. After much pleading and ranting, i gave him 5,000 naira.

This is one of the many officers that give the FRSC a bad name. The authorities of FRSC should Please check the excesses of the officer named ADEBARI S. and his likes in the FRSC OSUN STATE COMMAND.
Re: Extortion By FRSC Officer At Osogbo by SOFTENGR: 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2017
Correct!
Everybody should start publish his/her nasty experience and expose those rotten eggs in our law enforcement agencies.
Re: Extortion By FRSC Officer At Osogbo by lomprico(m): 1:40pm On Sep 10, 2017
Even civil defence don dey extort since dem start to dey carry gun.

Welcome to nigeria!

But Op u be real maga o! angry

Your particulars are intact, ur car was sound, just because he saw sooth deposite in ur exust (which is 100% normal) you carry 5k dash am. Which kain fear u dey fear sef abi dem carry gun? angry
Re: Extortion By FRSC Officer At Osogbo by Addamic: 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2017
He didn't carry gun. Wetin I for do? I don't want to dey follow him drag till they get me to their office. I learnt from other ppls experience that if they drag you to their office then you can't go Scot free.

lomprico:
Even civil defence don dey extort since dem start to dey carry gun.

Welcome to nigeria!

But Op u be real maga o! angry

Your particulars are intact, ur car was sound, just because he saw sooth deposite in ur exust (which is 100% normal) you carry 5k dash am. Which kain fear u dey fear sef abi dem carry gun? angry
Re: Extortion By FRSC Officer At Osogbo by lomprico(m): 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2017
Addamic:
He didn't carry gun. Wetin I for do? I don't want to dey follow him drag till they get me to their office. I learnt from other ppls experience that if they drag you to their office then you can't go Scot free.

Unless you are not telling us d whole truth, as long as u are faultless, ur car is intact why did u start to beg him? They wont do shìt!
He preyed on ur timidity. What if all u had on u was 500 naira?
Re: Extortion By FRSC Officer At Osogbo by Addamic: 2:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
Maybe I am the shy or timid type. I'm glad I'm out of their claws.

lomprico:

Unless you are not telling us d whole truth, as long as u are faultless, ur car is intact why did u start to beg him? They wont do shìt!
He preyed on ur timidity. What if all u had on u was 500 naira?
Re: Extortion By FRSC Officer At Osogbo by lomprico(m): 2:25pm On Sep 10, 2017
Addamic:
Maybe I am the shy or timid type. I'm glad I'm out of their claws.

Oh well!

But that 5k pain me as if na my own sha. grin
Re: Extortion By FRSC Officer At Osogbo by Shittu234: 12:00pm On Sep 11, 2017
Addamic:
I would like the FRSC organization to address the habit of extortion by its officers. An incident accurred to me at Osun state along osogbo-ikirun axis in front of Osun state house of assembly. There was a number of road safety officers on patrol in the morning at 9.30 am, 10th September,2017 when this incident occurred.

An officer by name Adebari S. (as seen on the name tag on his uniform) ordered me to stop my car which i did. He asked series of questions like 'where am i coming from and going to?', 'where are my car particulars and driver's license?', 'where are my fire extinguisher and C-caution?'' i satisfied al
He checked the tip of the car silencer at the back of my vehicle and notice some black deposit, he said my car engine has smoke emission problem, and that my car is not fit for driving. Really, that is far from the truth. He said he's going to impound my car and take it to their office. I pleaded with him that my car is not smoking, even other officers with him saw that my car is not smoking but are shy from telling officer ADEBARI S the truth.
After much delay he asked that i should bring 12,000 naira else he will take my car to their office. After much pleading and ranting, i gave him 5,000 naira.

This is one of the many officers that give the FRSC a bad name. The authorities of FRSC should Please check the excesses of the officer named ADEBARI S. and his likes in the FRSC OSUN STATE COMMAND.
. I don't think truth has been reveal by you. Tell us d the truth before the whole world.
Re: Extortion By FRSC Officer At Osogbo by Shittu234: 12:09pm On Sep 11, 2017
At times when some guys are booked. That is given ticket of an offense committed for there non compliance to road traffic rules, you guys come on social media, just to damage the officers involved. Sincerely no one is saint but this are issues that falsely published atime.
Re: Extortion By FRSC Officer At Osogbo by kaybobo200: 2:12pm On Sep 11, 2017
I got to ur profile and I noticed that u created ds just on dat day of ur arrest. If your claims are true show your real identity. From there we know if you are saying d truth. Many offenders want to tarnish the image of officers on duty in anoyance of their booking.
Re: Extortion By FRSC Officer At Osogbo by 4ward(m): 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2017
Na waoh
Addamic:

An officer by name Adebari S. (as seen on the name tag on his uniform) ordered me to stop my car which i did. He asked series of questions like 'where am i coming from and going to?', 'where are my car particulars and driver's license?', 'where are my fire extinguisher and C-caution?'' i satisfied all his questions and showed him all items he asked for. Somehow, he's bent on finding fault with my vehicle inwhich he could not find any.

Re: Extortion By FRSC Officer At Osogbo by Temmyfolly: 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2017
Na u bi real mumu ooooooo, i tink say u come from Maga na so u con dey give 5k jo gelede
but to me, na lie joor, dont bobo us here............

(1) (Reply)

South Africa's Police Minister Openly Calls Nigerians Thugs / Beautiful Nigerian Lady Goes Missing After Threatening Suicide (photo) / A Lady Used Hot Water And Iron On Her House Help In Lagos (graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.