Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

September To Remember - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / September To Remember (401 Views)

A Night To Remember / How To Remember What You Read (part 3) / A Dinner To Remember (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

September To Remember by FlourishBliss(f): 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
Just thought I should share this here at least it will make some people laugh cause anytime I remember the incident all I do is to laugh out loud. It has no copyright law attached.

Angrily mom left the house banging the door, then locked it. My kid sis being the architect of her anger also rushed to the door and locked the back knob. 'haba! Miracle better unlock that knob before we leave for church o' I shouted from my room. Miracle, always having this strong head attitude from birth. I can still and will always remember the story of her birth, as mom always make it a point of duty to say the story when ever she annoyed her, me sef I was three years by then so I didn't know anything about her birth, the only thing i knew was that i woke up not seeing mom , and that she came back the next day with a baby saying this miracle baby is your sister, her name is Miracle.

*** ** Flash back ** ***

That early morning of August 2002 mom felt the leg of the baby kicking out followed with a sharp pain, she shouted pushing the leg inside ( yea, my mom is a strong woman). She dialled a taxi driver on her mobile and while waiting had to be re-pushing the baby's leg as it kept kicking out. Few minutes later, the taxi cab arrived and my mom managed to move to the taxi the pains became unbearable. Next she was in the hospital's ward (The Saint Luke's Hospital, Anua). All what she heard was Push! Push!! The baby is coming, Push!!! Mom pushed with all her strength, but the effort was futile as it was only the baby's leg to the waist region was out (yea she was born from the leg, not head). One of the nurses seeing this had to rush in search of other aid kits to help mom leaving her with one other nurse who started dragging the baby's legs and just in time the second nurse returned. What are you doing?? She screamed 'how dare you try this It's not fair! If anything happens to her , you will be held responsible, she hissed. Mom shouted God forbid! and behold the baby was out with no cry, mom fainted and the nurses swung into action just then, the doctor entered. The baby was cleaned, Mom regained her consciousness just in time to hear the doctor saying the baby is not breathing , she screamed telling the doctor to give her baby to her. The baby was laid beside her as mom wept. Few minutes later the cleaner came in to clean the ward. Mom felt footsteps coming closer so she opened her eyes to see the cleaner 'aunty e be like say this baby de breath o' she said to mom who sprang up and just then the baby started crying giving my mom the joy of a woman that just gave birth, and thus the name 'Miracle'. After telling us this story, she will always stress that my sis shouldn't be giving her headache again.

*TBC

(1) (Reply)

Flash Fiction Contest / Check Out This Mind Blowing Essay / The Art Of Seduction: How To Entice And Captivate Your Readers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.